Sponsored

Anti-Sway bars questions

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I'm getting the impression that your knowledge/experience with this Super Duty sway bar is firsthand. Is that bar on your Super Duty? If so, I've got a few follow up questions....
Negative, I've just done a lot of sleuthing. Decades of experience as a 90's Japanese car enthusiast and "catalog engineering."
Sponsored

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Added the Steeda bar last night. Wow is this thing great. I wish I did the day I took delivery of my truck. Absolutely night and day difference in body roll. I’m running Bilstein 5100s for rear shocks.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
Another Steeda believer here! Installed it today which took longer than I expected but man that drive after was awesome. I didn't have any trouble with the exhaust heat shield on my Powerboost. Tight quarters but manageable.

Where as it used to feel like I had long tail swaying around behind me, now the truck feels like one solid unit.

lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Crew Cab Powerboost
Occupation
Underwriter
Perhaps a sophomoric question, but with the swaybar installed, where do you all prefer to jack the rear wheels up if no longer enough clearance on the axle?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I still jack the rear wheels up from under the Leaf Spring perch. Under the 4 U-bolts.

I have a floor jack with a cup that just fits inside the bolts.

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
There's a reason why the Raptor has trailing arms: getting bashed from frontal terrain impacts just compresses the giant leaf spring. Obviously, flying through the desert in a normal F150 is nuts and will destroy the truck, but it's a useful thought experiment.

Off road has a number of meanings: not everyone with dirt on their tires got it at Zion, climbing a vertical cliff face with a winch and 30:1 total gearing. In Texas a lot of the off road is in relatively flat terrain that is deceptively tricky because we have so many varieties of clay which turn into glass when wet and which form deep ruts even on "roads". There are rocks, but a lot of places contact with the ground doesn't leave pieces of vehicle, just a dredge mark in the soft dirt. In those cases, the ability to get power to all 4 wheels, mud tires, traction boards and a good winch are the name of the game. Of course, when all that fails, you go get the tractor.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
There's a reason why the Raptor has trailing arms: getting bashed from frontal terrain impacts just compresses the giant leaf spring. Obviously, flying through the desert in a normal F150 is nuts and will destroy the truck, but it's a useful thought experiment.

Off road has a number of meanings: not everyone with dirt on their tires got it at Zion, climbing a vertical cliff face with a winch and 30:1 total gearing. In Texas a lot of the off road is in relatively flat terrain that is deceptively tricky because we have so many varieties of clay which turn into glass when wet and which form deep ruts even on "roads". There are rocks, but a lot of places contact with the ground doesn't leave pieces of vehicle, just a dredge mark in the soft dirt. In those cases, the ability to get power to all 4 wheels, mud tires, traction boards and a good winch are the name of the game. Of course, when all that fails, you go get the tractor.
i believe around here the term is slicker than owl snot on a door knob
we have many deceptive county roads of some sort of clay covered with crushed iron ore, covered with silt sand/clay, pine straw, dead snakes and bird guano. just a touch of rain and its like roller skates on ice. just dont stop or your done. :eek: 😍
i am looking now at the steeda, i see its getting great reviews here from people that actually have one installed

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Steeda got a lot of airplay because Helwig went Covid-inflation on the bars and Steeda said thank you for the sudden price gap.

I haven't checked to see if Helwig came back to earth or not.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well it appears Helwig is still pricing their bars like there's a supply chain issue and they have you captured.

I was a Helwig customer for several vehicles in the past. And although I'm not a cheapskate, I'm not giving them that much for a bent piece of cold steel bar.
That rear used to be closer to half that price if you shopped.

Edit: and I'm of the opinion that Helwig is providing cover for Steeda to get $100 more than it would otherwise sell for. Lol

$350 is what the rear antisway bar would be pre-Covid insanity?
Yeah, I'm whining.

Last edited:

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Well it appears Helwig is still pricing their bars like there's a supply chain issue and they have you captured.

I was a Helwig customer for several vehicles in the past. And although I'm not a cheapskate, I'm not giving them that much for a bent piece of cold steel bar.
That rear used to closer to half that price if you shopped.

Edit: and I'm of the opinion that Helwig is providing cover for Steeda to get $100 more than it would otherwise sell for. Lol

$350 is what the rear antisway bar would be pre-Covid insanity?
Yeah, I'm whining.
agreed, e trailer marked it down as its not selling...you hit the reason right there, 937 before mork down. both are high imo.

jegs...lowest price ...they guarantee......900 buckaroos

https://www.jegs.com/i/Hellwig/207/7788/10002/-1?year=2022&make=FORD&model=F-150

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
bruce.... thanks for the insight
steeda is on its way...expect 2 weeks.
i guess they build them as we need

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I still jack the rear wheels up from under the Leaf Spring perch. Under the 4 U-bolts.

I have a floor jack with a cup that just fits inside the bolts.
Steeda is pricing it like a supply chain issue. Hellwig is just telling you to F off.

Even $599 is insane for a rear sway bar. I personally won't buy it at that.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
My steeda arrived today, 2 days after FedEx said it would.
Unboxed everything and inventoried
Missing the four nuts for the u bolts
So steeda is sending them tomorrow
It just struck me odd,that the bag of hardware and blots was sealed .
So someone had to notice four nuts were missing.
They are larger than the other bolts.
Then if I add in the price.. no real reason they are not in the kit.

Hopefully they arrive soon

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I can see the potential value with a rear sway bar on the F-250 or F-350 trucks but my F-150 has a smoother ride than the 2018 SUV that it replaced. The SUV had a smoother and softer ride than my Mercedes CLK coupe.

My 1-ton pickup did benefit with a rear sway bar addition but it only reduced wheel hop in turns. Of course that truck had 3750 lb E rated tires with much stiffer sidewalls than what was provided on my 2022 F-150 (basically passenger tires).
Sponsored