First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
One question. I have all 3 widgets on my screen (just testing). It changes them all when I change on one. I'm not sure this is worth it (actually pretty sure it's not), but what about a widget per car?

Nah. The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. I'm not gonna keep 2 widgets on my screen long term and I'm probably one of the few that even has multiple cars.
This is actually something sort of on my to-do list, but due to how I originally implemented the code it will involve some work (haven't thought through how much). Right now the app keeps track of the vehicle and not the individual widget.
Sponsored

SouthernGuy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost, 7.2K PPoB
Occupation
Retired
@kennelh; Has there been any more work done to reconcile the difference in the street address issue (ie: actual vehicle location vs the address displayed in the widget)? I dont know how many users are affected by it.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
The fuel bar is slightly cut off on my phone for the medium widget. Also seems to be missing the lock/unlock button. It's enabled in settings. I use a Pixel 6 Pro, on June 16th Play store version.

Ford F-150 Android widget Screenshot_20220616-202650

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The fuel bar is slightly cut off on my phone for the medium widget. Also seems to be missing the lock/unlock button. It's enabled in settings. I use a Pixel 6 Pro, on June 16th Play store version.

Screenshot_20220616-202650.png
<<sigh>> Either I still haven't figured out how to generically get widgets to size correctly, or different phones/launchers just do their own thing, or...

So the next release will let users resize vertically too, then that will probably cause other issues. But life will go on. 🙂

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
<<sigh>> Either I still haven't figured out how to generically get widgets to size correctly, or different phones/launchers just do their own thing, or...

So the next release will let users resize vertically too, then that will probably cause other issues. But life will go on. 🙂
If we didn't ask for all these changes you would just be sitting at home, watching TV and drinking beer.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In reality, we all apricate all your work in developing this widget for us Android users. Many many thanks.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If we didn't ask for all these changes you would just be sitting at home, watching TV and drinking beer.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Based on the quality control of some updates, it should be apparent alcohol is part of my development cycle. 🍺🍷

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Check the Play Store in the next few hours #2022.06.17

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@kennelh; Has there been any more work done to reconcile the difference in the street address issue (ie: actual vehicle location vs the address displayed in the widget)? I don't know how many users are affected by it.
Sorry, I haven't been able to identify any other geolocating services which are (a) free and (b) easy to use. It's definitely caused by Google's geolocation services. FordPass appears to use Here.com.

I suppose one option would be to provide the user to enable reverse geocoding via Here.com and then leave it up to the user to provide the necessary information (login, token, etc) associated with their Here.com account.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Sorry, I haven't been able to identify any other geolocating services which are (a) free and (b) easy to use. It's definitely caused by Google's geolocation services. FordPass appears to use Here.com.

I suppose one option would be to provide the user to enable reverse geocoding via Here.com and then leave it up to the user to provide the necessary information (login, token, etc) associated with their Here.com account.
I find that your widget gets the location correct where Ford Pass is off by a 1/4 mile.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired

I find that your widget gets the location correct where Ford Pass is off by a 1/4 mile.
Same here. The widget shows my exact address with correct 20795 house number. HERE shows correct location and street, but the house number is 1156, which doesn't even exist. My wife's BMW shows the same wrong house number.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Off-topic (sort of): I started this and got sidetracked so never posted here. If you have a minute (and don't mind going to a site which doesn't support https :/ ) I wanted to get a feel for how the app is being used. The poll is open until 6/22 and I'll post results at the conclusion.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/qrqdxf/app-usage
Sponsored