Sponsored

Adjustable drop hitch suggestion

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
My previous TV has a drop hitch which was setup for one trailer. With my PB, I'd like to have more options. I've been looking at (aluminium) adjustable drop hitches with revers-able 2" and 2 5/16" balls.

Anyone with suggestions with brands and models they had good luck with?
Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
My previous TV has a drop hitch which was setup for one trailer. With my PB, I'd like to have more options. I've been looking at (aluminium) adjustable drop hitches with revers-able 2" and 2 5/16" balls.

Anyone with suggestions with brands and models they had good luck with?
Totally happy with my B&W tow and stow 3” drop.

Ford F-150 Adjustable drop hitch suggestion C0F7BD2F-7E76-4E32-B9F0-791F596FCAA1

OP
OP
Vspec

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
That looks very nice. Question though, how is theft prevented? Could one just not pull the pins holding the balls holder piece, and disconnect trailer from the TV?

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
That looks very nice. Question though, how is theft prevented? Could one just not pull the pins holding the balls holder piece, and disconnect trailer from the TV?
I've had that hitch on my last two trucks - as long as you remember to grease the pins occasionally to prevent them from seizing (which you should do regardless of hitch - especially if you drive with it in the winter) it's great.

The removable pins only let you adjust the height & positioning of the hitch - you can't separate the pieces so as long as you have a locking pin in to your truck you are safe.

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
I had a Weigh Safe 2.5" on my 2017 F350 and it performed great. I opted for the same in 2" for my current F150. I liked the Weigh Safe more than some other options because it didn't have reversible balls that hang well below the hitch while in use. With WS, it's one or the other. Being all Aluminum, oxidation is a factor, so proper maintainence is key for ease of use. If you have a locking hitch pin, that's all that's required to keep the hitch safe.

Ford F-150 Adjustable drop hitch suggestion Weigh Safe 1

Ford F-150 Adjustable drop hitch suggestion Weigh Safe 2

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Weigh-Safe is literally the best, most versatile hitch receiver system anywhere for any price. You can buy it with a single-keyed locking system that uses one secure key for the trailer coupler lock, hitch pin, hitch ball assembly, and a padlock, and they can all be purchased as a kit. But then there is the price.... well worth the $338... nicest gift you can give an F-150 (and WAY cheaper than the 3" version on my F-350). https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P2DW4SR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

meyer_22

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid, Lariat
Totally happy with my B&W tow and stow 3” drop.

C0F7BD2F-7E76-4E32-B9F0-791F596FCAA1.png
Looking at getting this with the tri ball mount, debating between 3 and 5 inch drop. I have a Lariat Powerboost Full Hybrid with max trailer tow (20" wheels). Have you ever wished you had more drop then the 3 inch provides?

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Looking at getting this with the tri ball mount, debating between 3 and 5 inch drop. I have a Lariat Powerboost Full Hybrid with max trailer tow (20" wheels). Have you ever wished you had more drop then the 3 inch provides?

I bought the 5 inch drop originally but realized that I wouldn’t need that much drop...so ended going to the 3inch drop. I tow only our 16 ft airstream and not much else...don’t see the need to ever go that low and honestly feel the 3inch looks more streamlined when in the tow position. Both options are pretty stout...so either way you’re getting a solid hitch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vspec

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
Ended up ordering a B&W tow and stow, very happy with the build quality ... but ... I should have gotten the 7", the 5" barely drops low enough for my CTC :( So return it goes (if approved ?). Friend where trailer is stored off season (very graciously), called me to come move it since he is redoing his deck. Late night run to Canadian Tire (kinda like HF) netted a static 5 1/4" drop and I was able to re-use my old ball.

Pic for attention :LOL:
Ford F-150 Adjustable drop hitch suggestion 20210512_120342

Truck and trailer are both level.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Weigh-Safe is literally the best, most versatile hitch receiver system anywhere for any price. You can buy it with a single-keyed locking system that uses one secure key for the trailer coupler lock, hitch pin, hitch ball assembly, and a padlock, and they can all be purchased as a kit. But then there is the price.... well worth the $338... nicest gift you can give an F-150 (and WAY cheaper than the 3" version on my F-350). https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P2DW4SR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So I have no lift on my truck but may do a 2” level eventually. Would that 4 inch drop hitch be fine for me or would it be too low?

OP
OP
Vspec

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
So I have no lift on my truck but may do a 2” level eventually. Would that 4 inch drop hitch be fine for me or would it be too low?
It will depend on the height of the trailers you plan to two. I have an FX4 with 20" and 5" was barely enough.
Sponsored