GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
I have an adjustable hitch question.
I have a '21 FX4 on 20" Rims, just received my BW Adjustable Hitch w 5" drop. When I measure from bottom of hitch to ground I have 11" of clearance. Should I move to the smaller hitch with the 3" drop? I've got a 6000lb boat that I'll tow a couple times a year as well as a yard trailer that's pretty low.

Should I stick w the 5" drop (11" clearance w/out weight of load) or move the 3" drop model?

I don't want to ding the hitch or my pride in the event this giant chrome hitch bottoms out somewhere.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I have a '21 FX4 on 20" Rims, just received my BW Adjustable Hitch w 5" drop. When I measure from bottom of hitch to ground I have 11" of clearance. Should I move to the smaller hitch with the 3" drop? I've got a 6000lb boat that I'll tow a couple times a year as well as a yard trailer that's pretty low.

Should I stick w the 5" drop (11" clearance w/out weight of load) or move the 3" drop model?

I don't want to ding the hitch or my pride in the event this giant chrome hitch bottoms out somewhere.

Thanks!
I can't tell you what to do, but I use a 5 1/4" drop hitch to pull my utility trailer to make it level. I do not have an adjustable hitch, but have a 1" and a 3" drop for different applications.

Bullet150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.5L F150 Lariat
Perhaps call BW and speak with a tech rep. I recently acquired a 2 horse bumper pull trailer. Seller included a 7” drop BW. I felt clearance wasn’t enough (9”) and saw BW 11” recommendations. Quick call to BW confirmed for most SUV / 1/2 ton trucks they recommended 5” drop. Sold the 7” and now run the 5. Hitched with horse I’m less than 5K pounds and have >11” clearance.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical

Thanks!
Whatever levels out your trailer under load
Sponsored