Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
According to the admin, build week 3/21/2022 was the start date for Job2

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/⏱-2022-f-150-scheduling-next-week-2-7-for-build-week-3-21-job-2-start-up.8660/#:~:text=⏱ 2022 F-150 Scheduling Next Week (2/7) For,(Job #2 Start Up) Administrator Feb 4, 2022

Having said that, then it's official that there are Job2 Detroit trucks with the necessary hardware for glarefree.
But I don't think that guarantees that there's a unlimited Job2 supply of ANY components. Constraints don't exactly line up like that.
Sponsored

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I think what you'll find is that they had inventory to still do glare free, but probably not enough to do all job 2 trucks. So they removed the option (remember it was a CA option only anyways). They will burn through what inventory they do have then move on to whatever equipment/hardware that has the limitations which forced the. to remove it.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
So would one assume if you have dynamic bending as part of your build that it should house the same equipment to move the headlights once enabled for the adaptive part?

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? Screenshot_20220628-200922_Samsung Internet

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
So would one assume if you have dynamic bending as part of your build that it should house the same equipment to move the headlights once enabled for the adaptive part?
IT's actually two different things, the adaptive headlights is using matrix beams of the LED headlights (turning segments on and off). The dynamic is the motors actaully turning of the projector in the headlight housing. You would think the heads lights are still the same, but you would need to compare part numbers.

Sponsored

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
IT's actually two different things, the adaptive headlights is using matrix beams of the LED headlights (turning segments on and off). The dynamic is the motors actaully turning of the projector in the headlight housing. You would think the heads lights are still the same, but you would need to compare part numbers.
That's interesting. I didn't think it was as simple as adjusting it with movement, couldn't be quick enough without some decent hardware. Appreciate the info.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's interesting. I didn't think it was as simple as adjusting it with movement, couldn't be quick enough without some decent hardware. Appreciate the info.
Honestly, until I witnessed what they do, I don't think anyone's description could have gotten me to imagine it properly.
But now when I read others describe it, it makes more sense.

By the way, you still have the "bending" feature even with the antiglare. And yea, they are very different behaviors.

My driveway is a 1/4 mile gravel road through the woods. With several curves and a couple of turns. The bending is amazingly responsive to the steering wheel and the trees really help you see what it's doing.

These are some very active headlights when all of its features are in play.

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I should just read there instructions here and plug in my forscan. Blend date was 5/20. That could help clear up what hardware might be installed and used at that time, regardless of job 1 vs job 2.

SnowMJ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Tremor 402A
22 F150 Tremor 402A. So from what it seems I have a Job 2 truck with a build date in the beginning of May 2022. In forscan I have made all the necessary changes to enable glare free. I have it enabled and it seems to be working flawlessly, the high beam cuts out only where vehicles are. The only thing NOT working as expected is I still have the white A in the cluster instead of green. So weird.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The feature was supposed to be deleted for CANADIAN Job #2 trucks.

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1656564046649

This wasn't a US feature, so I don't think you can use US trucks to draw any lines.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were running down the proper hardware and even thought it wasn't programmed, some trucks will still have the goods.

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
20220623_213550.jpg

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
this is what I see after the forscan mods on my5/22 build date. (I thought I would also see a switch for adaptive lighting?)
Does this mean I have all the hardware (waiting for dark to try it)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
this is what I see after the forscan mods on my5/22 build date. (I thought I would also see a switch for adaptive lighting?)
If you have that Sync option, AND you have the green headlight icon in the instrument panel, AND you don't get any headlight warning prompt,.... I would say it is highly likely you have everything onboard that's required.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
22 F150 Tremor 402A. So from what it seems I have a Job 2 truck with a build date in the beginning of May 2022. In forscan I have made all the necessary changes to enable glare free. I have it enabled and it seems to be working flawlessly, the high beam cuts out only where vehicles are. The only thing NOT working as expected is I still have the white A in the cluster instead of green. So weird.
Occasionally a reset of the IPC is required for the green indicator to show. You can do this with forscan or after the truck has been powered down for awhile it will happen “naturally”.

If is still hasn’t appeared double check that the as-built change wrote correctly in the IPC.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Those are the expected menu options. You should be good to go.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
Yes I have the green headlight Icon with the A in it. I can manually turn on High beam by pushing the stalk forward, when I pull it back it goes to low beam, than if I pull it a 2nd time it turns to Green with A.

Now if I have it on Green headlight with Auto when driving I see low beam at the start, and around 32 it brings the high beams gradually. Slow down and it goes back to low beam.

Next we went down a highway, when people are coming toward me not sure but it seemed to switch both sides to low beam, maybe the RS stayed higher.

Next I let someone pass me and I follow them and it really acted like both lights were on low.

next I tried a 2 lane road, and I think the LS was dimming and RS was staying brighter, but not really sure. nobody flashed high beams at me.

and the headlights still "bend" on corners, but that feature seams to work as low as 5 mph or so.

I was expecting an additional line in the screen for adaptive lighting, but I think after reading adaptive lighting is the same thing we call bending lighting and I see no need to turn that off :)

I need to play with it more, but what are others seeing?
PS my build date says 5/22 (it was built on 5/11), with 502A and "bending headlights".
Sponsored

Last edited: