First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just for the record. I have this exact same issue. I've spoken to the dealership and to Ford Canada. Both have refused to do anything. In fact they told me the parts where rusted. I said the parts are plastic how could they be rusted! No response!
So I'll try the DIY fix I've seen here.

Just wondering has anyone else dealt with Ford on this issues and gotten them to fix the problem?
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine still working at 27,000 miles. It's not stuck down anyway, I have no idea if it actually drops down at speed.

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Just for the record. I have this exact same issue. I've spoken to the dealership and to Ford Canada. Both have refused to do anything. In fact they told me the parts where rusted. I said the parts are plastic how could they be rusted! No response!

Just wondering has anyone else dealt with Ford on this issues and gotten them to fix the problem?
I was persistent with my dealership and the service advisor threatened that they weren't going to do anything further to fix the issue, but I took it to the service manager and he ordered the new parts and got it fixed. I haven't had any issues since. I wouldn't give up on your dealership and print out this thread and take it in with you to prove that others are actually getting support, and getting the dam replaced under warranty.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L

I had mine replaced last April by my dealer (post #37 in this thread). It went very easy, and didn't get any pushback from them at all. It's still working well.

Chuck_Canada

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I had mine replaced last April by my dealer (post #37 in this thread). It went very easy, and didn't get any pushback from them at all. It's still working well.
Could you provide the contact information for your dealer. I'm located in Ottawa. Maybe I can put them in touch with my dealer and get this resolved. Much appreciated, and thanks.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost

My dealer also fixed this last spring - without fuss. It did take 6-8 weeks for the replacement to come in.

Is your truck still under warranty?

If so, and if it was my truck, I would go back to the dealer and insist they replace it.

While mostly plastic, the linkage, cam, or motor might have seized due to rust.

It's GOOD they said it failed due to rust. It's not working, and the only reason not to replace it under warranty is if you damaged it.

Ask them again why they are denying warranty replacement of the failed air-dam. Regardless of what they say, calmly reply:

I see two options here:

1) Notify me in writing the exact section of the Ford warranty under which you are denying this warranty service.

2) Order the necessary parts and get this fixed for me.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Here is my receipt showing the dealer ordering the replacement part.

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam Issues - No Recall Yet? F150_Airdam_Replacement

Hopefully, this helps more than my rant above.

Chuck_Canada

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Well I fought the good fight, and I WON!!!
After many e-mails to Ford Service Canada and my dealership I'm happy to say that my dealership today agreed to repair the front air dam under warranty. I've been told by the dealership they are ordering the parts. So with any luck I should have it all fixed within the next couple of weeks.
Thanks to all for pitching in with your comments and message regarding how you were able to get the repair done. It was greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to all!!!

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
We've had the Air Dam.jammed while going up. Our Limited has zero scratches on the air dam and we're in beautiful Florida so no snow. Brought Truck in for Oil Change and dealer says Ford Probably won't warranty that. 37th new Fords over 24 years and never had an issue where if it was a subpar part that Ford Warranty took care of. A little disappointed on my $88k 150 Limited.

Sponsored

Chuck_Canada

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
We've had the Air Dam.jammed while going up. Our Limited has zero scratches on the air dam and we're in beautiful Florida so no snow. Brought Truck in for Oil Change and dealer says Ford Probably won't warranty that. 37th new Fords over 24 years and never had an issue where if it was a subpar part that Ford Warranty took care of. A little disappointed on my $88k 150 Limited.
I can tell you what worked for me was I asked this question to my Ford dealer.

"Please notify me in writing which part of the Ford warranty you are referencing to deny servicing the issue"

That seemed to put the fear into them and they warrantied and fixed the problem at no cost.

Let me know how you make out.

Good Luck!!

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer

LOL if the parts are rusted on a less than 5 year old truck, get to fixing it. DUH

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
My 2023 Lariat had the air dam get stuck like a pouting lip a few weeks ago. Dealer wanted the Ford rep to see, they approved the replacement. A few days later I left the truck for half a day and all was well and good. Today I noticed the fat pouting lip was back, so the fix was only good for about three weeks. I think this happens for me when I drive on an interstate near me for work, about 80mph into a strong headwind. The wind pulls the movable part of the dam too far down and it is all done from there. So this will be two of these units in about two months, I purchased a full extended warranty (first time ever for me) and I will be the biggest pain to Ford - I will go back every time until it just doesn't happen anymore. I have owned Ford trucks for many years (40+) and I feel like this one is really a dud ...

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
Dealer and Ford rep looked at the air dam again, they will replace again in the next few days. As I left I told them I will see them again in about a month for another one ... When I reach that magical fourth repair and failure of the same item (in CA lemon law), I will be back for a better resolution. Could be a happy Christmas!

Michael1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
i bought a used 21 a few months ago…it had the same problem…either something hits it while deployed or the air resistance pulls it down at speed and the upper lip of the movable dam gets jammed on the lower lip of the stationary dam. At first I pulled it off of the actuators and all was well….but since my truck was out of warranty I devised a fix…. I went to Lowes and purchased a 6 ft piece of aluminum bullnose moulding…the kind you use installing flooring with a “J” channel o one side and flat on the other. I cut this to length…notched it to clear the plastic supports on the movable dam.
Since my lower dam had been jammed for a while it had taken on an odd curvature that lent itself to jamming again. I installed the bullnose moulding on the top and it actually bowed slightly and held the lower dam in its original as built shape….I held it on with a few stainless steel sheet metal screws and reattached it…..works great…increased rigidity keeps it from bowing down and the round edge of the bullnose moulding acts as a spacer between the fixed and the movable dam……none of the attached hardware is visible…so for me the problem is solved…..
Sponsored