First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
I did a search and saw an older thread discussing various issues with air conditioning and recirculation, but want to see if there are any members that have gotten a true fix.

The issue is that the A/C will be on, and then completely stop blowing air out of the vents. I think the blower is still running as you can hear it, but no air is reaching the vents. Someone said it could be something in the AC freezing up after continued use. However, mine will cut out after a couple of hours or 20 minutes. The thread I saw talking about this was over a year old, so looking to see if anyone currently is running into this.

Georgia and North Carolina have had some very warm days as of late, and will only continue, so looking to get this solved.

Has anyone gotten their computer reflashed for this issue or seen any service bulletins? Thanks!
Sponsored

dfwrob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
I did a search and saw an older thread discussing various issues with air conditioning and recirculation, but want to see if there are any members that have gotten a true fix.

The issue is that the A/C will be on, and then completely stop blowing air out of the vents. I think the blower is still running as you can hear it, but no air is reaching the vents. Someone said it could be something in the AC freezing up after continued use. However, mine will cut out after a couple of hours or 20 minutes. The thread I saw talking about this was over a year old, so looking to see if anyone currently is running into this.

Georgia and North Carolina have had some very warm days as of late, and will only continue, so looking to get this solved.

Has anyone gotten their computer reflashed for this issue or seen any service bulletins? Thanks!
Hey man - this exact thing happened this week - what is the update??

Holdfast042

First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 3.5 Powerboost
Occupation
Instructor
Hey Guys,

I have encountered the same problem. I picked up a 2022 Lariat with the 3.5 powerboost and have encountered the same intermittent air conditioning operation. Does anyone know if the TSB is the same in Canada? Thanks in advance.

JP1962

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
There's a TSB on the evaporator temp sensor bias which causes the evaporator to freeze. Repair procedure is to replace the evaporator.

EDIT - TSB info: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/22-2089-pdf.47737/
That is great info provided. thanks. I have an appt with the dealer on 9.15.22 for the same problem and i will bring this info with me since dealers don't admit there's ever a problem. What concerns me also is parts availability.....
Sponsored