Sponsored

Active Air Dam Issue

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost 3.5L
Your spot on. I already ran something over and mine is jacked. Removing it forsure.
I got lucky until the next time. The 1x2 removed the “memory effect” in the air dam plastic and its working now.
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Anyone had luck with a fix for this? Service advisor acted like they just pop them in place, but I assured him that doesn’t fix the problem. Also FWIW, I talked to an auto transport friend of mine, and it’s not chain damage, seems to be a bad design.
Yes dealer adjusted it lasted a few days. Then the second visit back they removed and reinstalled it been working fine for the last few weeks.This has been a common issue they are finding them improperly installed and some damaged.

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
Few minutes of my time and mine was removed. Do have a DTC in FORScan but nothing showing in the IPC. Good riddance.

Sponsored

Rvcookin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost F150
Just had dealer look at my air dam. They are going to replace the whole assembly. Said would have the parts in 3 days. the earliest I could get schedule appt. is next Thursday. They said it would take 3 hours. Mine looked just like the pictures catching in the middle. Not wasted trip picked up my new gatorback mudflaps. Used my ford pass points plus cash not cheap but need the protection. Many gravel roads where I live. Hope to have them on in the next few days.

Bogeypro

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT
I had it happen too. I think the flimsy piece catches the rubber edge and pulls it up. It’s stupid. Should be removed altogether.

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Darn. I looked under the truck. It got me, too. That's the first problem of any kind I have had in 2500 miles. I guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow. It should be helpful to say there is a whole forum thread about it, so they don't just conclude I ran into something, or that I am the only one with the issue.

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam Issue IMG_0683

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I've been peeking at mine once a week, and it's been straight until I just looked again and saw that it was curled in at the center about 1/16 of an inch, I also noticed that there's a slight thumb sized indentation along the entire soft portion of the fixed half that corresponds with the little molding nipples on the backside. I have zero highway miles over the past month and less than 800 miles total. I bent it back with my fingers and I will check again in a few days.

I am starting to wonder if this is a manufacturing defect. Here's an article that touches on unwanted dynamic behavior in molded plastics:

https://www.plasticstoday.com/medical/taking-advantage-viscoelasticity-unique-property-plastics

Sponsored

Rvcookin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost F150
Just had dealer look at my air dam. They are going to replace the whole assembly. Said would have the parts in 3 days. the earliest I could get schedule appt. is next Thursday. They said it would take 3 hours. Mine looked just like the pictures catching in the middle. Not wasted trip picked up my new gatorback mudflaps. Used my ford pass points plus cash not cheap but need the protection. Many gravel roads where I live. Hope to have them on in the next few days.

Rvcookin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost F150
I just got back from the dealer replaced both air dams. took 3 and a half hours. Had to remove the bumper and fog lights to replace them. Then after they are done they want me to schedule an appointment to get pictures and measure distances on my rear driveshaft to see If mine is part of the recall that came out on the 28th of May. Wish they would of did it at the same time. I did not receive any notifications on Ford Pass about this. I think they just want to make sure it does not involve more trucks than the recall lists.

Its Not Me

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5l Ecoboost 11/6/20
Occupation
Commercial Locksmith
Mine has been looking just like the pictures above...

Dealer looked at it when it was in for windshield redo, they noticed scrapes on the bottom of the damn dam, took pictures to send off to the engineers at factory. They said they wanted to make sure the factory would pay for the repair, however, they were concerned it was damaged by my driving over something...arggghhh!

It drags BECAUSE it is stuck down!

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Ford should have designed it to slide behind the fixed air dam. Probably would have been less likely to get stuck. Or make it an inch longer so it never slides above the fixed portion

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
Had the same problem it seemed to fix itself or it's just not working anymore
Sponsored