First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
I have a 2023 F-150 powerboost that is 3 weeks old and has been to the dealership 3 times and presently there for a week with no answers. It occasionally gets stuck in accessory mode and won’t start and throws no codes. Overly frustrated. The dealership says Ford said they never ran into this before but previous posts contradicted that. Anyone have a fix
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Amazing it's not throwing at least some soft codes?

I believe others that have experienced the Stop Safely alert, and then a no start condition, do get some codes along with it.

P0887, for example?

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
I have a 2023 F-150 powerboost that is 3 weeks old and has been to the dealership 3 times and presently there for a week with no answers. It occasionally gets stuck in accessory mode and won’t start and throws no codes. Overly frustrated. The dealership says Ford said they never ran into this before but previous posts contradicted that. Anyone have a fix
I have posted elsewhere- my was related to a defective primary 12v battery; dealer replaced under warranty at 3mo. 3 more months and keeping my fingers crossed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have posted elsewhere- my was related to a defective primary 12v battery; dealer replaced under warranty at 3mo. 3 more months and keeping my fingers crossed.
That IS one of the causes for the issue. Not always, but definitely a possibility

Ford F-150 Accessory mode and stop safely now Screenshot_20230629_205131_OneDrive

OP
OP

Trobson17

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
I’ve already had the battery replaced and it still happened after that

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another fella had the inverter (SOBDMC module) swapped out after it failed the pinpoint testing procedure. He was fortunate enough that the issue presented itself while in possession of the dealerships technician.

It's that big chunk of technology right next to the battery.

Ford F-150 Accessory mode and stop safely now 20230202_091258

Keep in mind that his truck did throw the appropriate code(s)

DerekB

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Welder
That was me. Today is my first day getting it back. I hate to hear of this happening to all these new owners. Hang in there. It’s very frustrating. I hope they resolve it quickly for you.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder if it's another "batch" issue for the sudden rash of 2023's?

Until recently, it was a very random and scattered incident, without the pattern that is emerging currently.

I'm just pondering. None of this can be taken to the bank. :)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I don't think the 12v has anything to do with it. Last week I did something to zero out the truck's AGMs -- as in there was 3 volts showing on the batts. I connected up the mach-e w/ 20' of 8 gauge jumper cables which can carry jack squat in terms of current. The truck instantly fired up using the belt starter which was able to occur because it turned on the DC/DC to start the truck completely smashing the idea I had regarding how it even starts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Trobson17

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Operator
Does Ford Motor Company ever respond to anything on here or do they run away. Sorry new to this forum

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Does Ford Motor Company ever respond to anything on here or do they run away. Sorry new to this forum
Typically large companies do not monitor forums. You might get the bot response but that is about it.

I wish they did as having a dedicated employee that has the ability to sort through the chaff to find the nugget is well beyond the cost IMHO. You can get some very intelligent and creative people on good forums so why not tap into that "outside the box" thinking.

I believe the communities are outstanding at identifying issues and even presenting solutions. Instead of looking at the cost for this "high level" employee, look at the enourmous savings they could deliver by letting the customers help with your company's issues.

hogdust

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I had this happen 2 days ago as I was about to leave work. I was planning to leave the Truck at the office for the night and deal with it in the morning so I got keys for a spare company vehicle and just before I was about to leave I figured I would try it one more time. This time it started, no engine light. This was about 40 min since I originally tried. I drove it home but stopped at a local Ford dealer near home to book an appointment to have it looked at. Earliest they had was July 12th. Not sure if this is a coincident or not but the day before I was notified by Ford Pass that an update was installed. I also got a message on Ford Pass in the morning that my Truck was going into deep sleep to preserve the battery for not being started for a while, even though I had just driven it to work an hour before. When I went for lunch the Truck was fine but a few hour later it would not start.

At the moment the truck is driving without issue....

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I would not hold my breath.
Sponsored

Last edited: