OP
OP

Byronick87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 XLT 302A Space Gray
quick update guys,
The shudder (for the most part) and rough idle has gone away after about 4000 km
it still shudders here and there when accelerating in normal mode - my guess is just whatever the transmission is doing to try and find the most "eco" gear to slip into.
I will say that after 1000km, I changed my oil.
the local store had a sale on Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Synthetic.
WOW what a difference.
I immediately noticed a smoother acceleration, a bit more response, smoother drives in general and less lurching from when I throw it into drive (not sure if that has anything to do)
this could all be in my mind but I am blown away.
full synthetic from now on even though the manual calls for a blend
Sponsored

Dnpbakon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 leadfoot
Occupation
Retired Military
quick update guys,
The shudder (for the most part) and rough idle has gone away after about 4000 km
it still shudders here and there when accelerating in normal mode - my guess is just whatever the transmission is doing to try and find the most "eco" gear to slip into.
I will say that after 1000km, I changed my oil.
the local store had a sale on Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Synthetic.
WOW what a difference.
I immediately noticed a smoother acceleration, a bit more response, smoother drives in general and less lurching from when I throw it into drive (not sure if that has anything to do)
this could all be in my mind but I am blown away.
full synthetic from now on even though the manual calls for a blend
You changed transmission oil or engine oil? Sorry if I misread

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Hey guys,
Just bought a new 2021 XLT with the 3.5 EB
It was the last 3.5 one on the lot...
When I stepped in for the test drive, I noticed a slight shudder every 5-10 seconds - salesman said it was fine.
didn't trust him - went in and talked to the shop guy; he said it was normal for the first thousand or so miles.
is this true?
Are you touching one of the lane markers. If lane keeping assist is on it will cause a vibration in your hands—which I didn’t know when I test drove one model and that was on.

Sponsored

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EB FX4 302-A high
Hey guys,
Just bought a new 2021 XLT with the 3.5 EB
It was the last 3.5 one on the lot...
When I stepped in for the test drive, I noticed a slight shudder every 5-10 seconds - salesman said it was fine.
didn't trust him - went in and talked to the shop guy; he said it was normal for the first thousand or so miles.
is this true?
I have a 2021 with 28k miles on it and already replaced engine in less than one year new. I have about 6k on new engine and since new, prior to engine replacement have experienced rough idle. Good luck and please let me know if your 2022 is better.

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BTW

Changing to higher octane and even with prime fuel stations no change. Been there done that.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
mine stumbles or idles rough at idle in gear at stoplights, my 2013 and 16 did same thing and was told it has to do with fuel trim and or cylinders shutting off fuel at idle to save fuel. eventually i just ignored it
i found if ac is on max it does not do it, as noticable

if i park and place truck in N it does not do it on normal ac .
maybe its part of transmission programming as well?

Sycotuck

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Hey guys,

I'm dealing with the same thing in my 2022 3.5 eco boost. I had a 2017 3.5 eco boost with a smooth idle for 70k miles.

They had to remove auto start/stop due to chip shortage. I'm wondering if they had to lower the idle or lean it out to claim same MPG without it?

Do you guys have auto start/stop removed from factory?

Sycotuck

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I have a 2021 with 28k miles on it and already replaced engine in less than one year new. I have about 6k on new engine and since new, prior to engine replacement have experienced rough idle. Good luck and please let me know if your 2022 is better.
Clarification. You had the rough idle on your first engine that had to be replaced? What did they say the reason for replacement was? Are you dealing with the same rough idle on the new motor?

Sponsored

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had rough idle when I purchased the truck new. New engine burned excessive oil first eight months, multiple trips, loaner vehicles, time spent at dealers, finally getting Ford Motor Company to respond ultimately revealed long block needed replacement. New engine runs fine, no excessive engine oil burns now however, I still have a rough idle. So much, doors rattle uncontrollably at times. Dealer sucks it up by saying its normal. 65K for a rattler.

Spacewhitev8

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 ecoboost
Occupation
Truck driver
I have a 2022 lariat 3.5 and man that idle was rough when sitting at a red light or parked… I have 6,700 miles and I did my first oil change. I did it my self and I used AMS OIL signature full synthetic and so far NO MORE ROUGH IDLE 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

isthatahemi

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat SCREW 5.0 3.73
Occupation
Manager
I've owned a few 3.5's, they all occasionally shake at idle. Raising the idle 100 rpm fixes it

isthatahemi

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat SCREW 5.0 3.73
Occupation
Manager
I have a 2022 lariat 3.5 and man that idle was rough when sitting at a red light or parked… I have 6,700 miles and I did my first oil change. I did it my self and I used AMS OIL signature full synthetic and so far NO MORE ROUGH IDLE 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
FFS, snake oil is not the difference maker.

Quattshot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Tech
I contribute it to the truck putting you into 10th gear basically within 3 seconds after you start accelerating from a stop. It’s totally ridiculous and I hate the feeling. Are there any software upgrades to fix this? Thx
Sponsored