23 PB Towing F350

23PB&Me

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 PB Lariat
Hi all, looking for some help to check feasibility of towing an F350. Long story short my dad’s F350 is on limp mode and it is 30 miles across town to his mechanic. He has asked me to give him a tow over there but it looks like I’m really pushing limits here and want a second opinion from my Ford family here.

My truck: 23 Lariat PB 5.5’ bed W/ Max Tow
7350 GVWR, 18400 GCWR, max load 1348
I have probably less that 100Lbs from spec weight, bed cover, bed mat, floor mats. Other complication is I haven’t even hit 500 on the OD yet, not even 3 weeks old yet.

his truck: 04 F350 4X with work body, he estimates just under 9000 without tools.

looking at my GCWR with me and added equipment I should be able to pull just over 12K, looking at max payload I should be able to have 1000 Lbs tongue weight, giving me just over 8% when maxed out. If we rented a Tow Master D10T with approximate weight of 3100 Lbs and a load distributing hitch we should be right at the posted limits for my truck

thoughts from the forum? Anyone else with experience towing right at the limit? I just spent a lot of money on a brand new truck that I plan to have for a long time. I really don’t want to mess anything up that will give me grief for the life of the truck.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
You'll be just fine..don't worry about the numbers.. around the farm we tow way bigger loads than that with half ton trucks

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Agreed, tow it. Brake early, drive slowly, you’ll be fine.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Truck won't have any problem with it.

It's also got more power than that 350 :ROFLMAO:

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
As long as you have weight distribution hitch you will be ok. As I always say with towing, power is the last concern. Brakes are everything, take it slow. I think that trailer will have hydraulic brakes, which helps. The truck will definitely know it’s back there, but it’ll get it done.

tsloms

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon 2022 F150
Occupation
Supervisor
You're not going cross country with it. You'll be fine. Just take it slow and careful.

Especially towing on a trailer will be a piece of cake. I've used tow straps much further than that and haven't had an issue.
Sponsored