Sponsored

Traded my 21' PB for 23' PB, my thoughts...

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Even with a trade-in deduction you still pay the sales tax on the full purchase price of the new truck and your DMV fees increase as does your auto insurance. Paying more than $6,000 to possibly avoid the problems with the 2021 truck is a pretty high price to pay for that convenience.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Even with a trade-in deduction you still pay the sales tax on the full purchase price of the new truck and your DMV fees increase as does your auto insurance. Paying more than $6,000 to possibly avoid the problems with the 2021 truck is a pretty high price to pay for that convenience.
I've not seen states charging tax on trade value, only the delta. Here out 'dmv' fee is the vehicle sales tax, paid once. Only EVs get taxed yearly, just paid the EV tax on the MME and it was 225$ Yearly registration is only $20 which covers the costs of issuing stickers.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
OK. That’s your choice. But do you care to elaborate any on why? My PB has been a great truck. Not entirely problem free, but neither has any of my previous vehicles. I’ve owned my entire life. Foreign or domestic.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Happy for you. So, why are you on an F-150 Forum? To troll? I don't need to lower my standards by pointing out all the deficiencies of the Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, Jeep, FCA, Peugot, Diamler products...

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost

Not in Utah at least. I paid tax only on the amount left after my 4Runner trade. And it was a newish 4Runner, so I got a lot, and the amount saved was substantial. It's a big reason to trade in rather than selling privately.

Sponsored

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I should note that the issues I was facing with the 21 was having the loose heat shield and having rattling noises under the vehicle and...
I'll do some digging but what is the loose heat shield and rattles under the vehicle? I've got something that sounds like a loose heat shield going on with my 23....

PlatinumPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Electrician
So yesterday I finally decided to trade in my 21' Lariat PB pretty much fully loaded aside from the wireless charging pad. I traded in for a 23' Platinum Powerboost. Aside from a huge interest decrease from a 8% to a 3% APR (by Ford), I wanted to do it because of all the '21 issues I experienced. I was hoping upgrading to a later year would get rid of all the first gen problems of the new model change. Here are my thoughts.

My 21' was fully loaded. Pretty much everything you can think of aside from the wireless charger. The 23' I upgraded to was a slight downgrade in my opinion due to the fact that it was a model built with a lot of constraints. The 23' Platinum did not have massaging seats, no advanced security pack, no heated steering wheel, no temperature gauge displays on the dials, and had the CCD with Smart Hitch instead of the FX4 package on my Lariat.

First off, I know the Platinum was brand new so the tires helped in ride quality, but having the CCD instead of the FX4 shocks, the ride quality was more softer. Almost bumpier if you will. I actually preferred the shocks on the FX4 because it felt more planted? over little bumps. The CCD's kept bouncing up and down and didn't feel as rigid. Kind of like a boat. I did rent a '23 XLT with 4x4 and base suspension which I didn't mind, so I am saying this driving all 3 models.

Overall, I'm not impressed by the CCD, but I know I'll get used it over time. The bed camera on the 21 was so much clearer than the 23'. That kind of erked me as I was expecting the same quality if not better. Also I'm not a fan of the automatic running boards with all the noise and lacks the solid feeling of the Lariats built in running boards.

I should note that the issues I was facing with the 21 was having the loose heat shield and having rattling noises under the vehicle and having my rear axle bolt sheared off twice with also a rear axle replacement, I'm hoping the 23 (no max tow package) will be issue free. There was also a time when the dealership did not torque all the bolts properly when doing my axel replacement and the rear end violently shook when I drove for a few days. But nevertheless, I'm happy with the 23' as I know now what too look out for and the interior is a lot more comfortable.

However, if I had to choose between my 21' lariat vs my 23' platinum both being "brand new" and knew they both would be problem free, I'd choose the lariat in a heartbeat.
It’s funny you say this because I specifically scouted out a 21’ platinum PB fully loaded that also has Max tow🙄 my reason was because it had all the options still that they took out of 22’ & 23’s….i was pretty floored they took those things out that I happened to covet…. The massaging seats as you know are extremely nice and considering you have the plat, you already know that the seats are very comfortable even without it.

I’m honestly just hoping that the Max tow axle issue isn’t a crazy long dealer trip but it still doesn’t have a fix if I’m not mistaken correct? I pretty much plan to own this for at least five years considering they’re not gonna change anything body style or powertrain wise I assume until then.
Sponsored