Sponsored

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
It doesn’t state they apply but it’s tough to say Ford won’t just pull them to finish the scheduled trucks in the que.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

For those thinking of canceling Platinum orders and looking for a used truck, you may want to look around at Ram 1500 Limited. I had a dealer offer me about 4% below invoice on one last week.
Sponsored

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

For those thinking of canceling Platinum orders and looking for a used truck, you may want to look around at Ram 1500 Limited. I had a dealer offer me about 4% below invoice on one last week.
I wouldnt drive a RAM if they paid me!

Garbage trucks!

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I wouldnt drive a RAM if they paid me!

Garbage trucks!
I know truck loyalty might be stronger than college football loyalty, but I'm pretty agnostic. On both actually, yay D3!

I owned a pretty perfect 4cyl manual Taco in my youth and very much looking forward to my built-for-me F150. A friend loves his RAM 2500 that took his family and their fifth-wheel on a yearlong cross-country odyssey. If I hadn't been scheduled last week, there would probably (unfortunately) be a 1500 outside right now.

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
wtf ford....guess I will be cancelling my 22 order and looking for a used one now. No interest in a premium truck without half the options.
I have a KR on order since OCT 2021 and is at priority code 02. If I wait long enough, more constrained options will have been deleted (I.e. see todays announcement ) and the order might finally get picked for a build week. Of course Ford will then switch the order to MY23. Hope those Lightning owners appreciate the chips that CEO Farley prioritized for their orders

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
So are we talking if I want a Limited, I will lose all these features????

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I placed my order on 5/1 with the max recline seats as the chief selling feature (at times I need to pull over on long drives and catch a few z's), and NOW they tell me that I can't have it? NOW? That is unbelievable. Oh, and the 5/1 is from 2021.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Does this apply to Lightning orders?

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
If ford thinks we are going to pay 90k and not have what we want they are on glue
Try $200K Australian for my dream king ranch without all the goodies??? Nope.
FYI that price includes your $76K, exporting, converting to RHD and on-road costs.
'I'm retired, it was going to be my last vehicle :(

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
Try $200K Australian for my dream king ranch without all the goodies??? Nope.
FYI that price includes your $76K, exporting, converting to RHD and on-road costs.
'I'm retired, it was going to be my last vehicle :(
It's funny, I'd never pay that kind of money for a F-150 but I might consider it for a LC 79. Grass is always greener I guess.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
It's funny, I'd never pay that kind of money for a F-150 but I might consider it for a LC 79. Grass is always greener I guess.
Horses for courses indeed. 79s better off-road, but tedious for long distances getting there. I'm too old for the very rough stuff, touring comfort will do me. This thing, with a couple of upgrades, would take me everywhere I want to go... I suppose an LC300 would too, but then I'm finding that personal preference outweighs some other considerations for the time I have left (y)

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Does this apply to Lightning orders?
So far it looks like the Lightning is still being protected. I'm in that camp, but only with a Lariat, so I hadn't ordered any of the upgraded seats. I'm with you though, what is the purpose of a Platinum if you can't get the differentiators. This is crazy at this point.

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I placed my order on 5/1 with the max recline seats as the chief selling feature (at times I need to pull over on long drives and catch a few z's), and NOW they tell me that I can't have it? NOW? That is unbelievable. Oh, and the 5/1 is from 2021.
That's crazy. At this point, I'd rather be pushed to a MY23 to get the truck I ordered. Looking at inventory in the area it looks like a lot of dealer ordered trucks have recently been built and in process of being delivered. Seems like Ford is screwing the custom orders and trying to get trucks on dealer lots. I found two trucks that are the exact build I ordered, minus the color. So it doesn't make sense to me why a dealer ordered truck would get priority over a sold customer order. Of course it may go back to dealer allocations.

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
the backseat is far more comfortable to sleep on than any drivers seat. (its huge) Useless option IMO. I use the backseat all the time in my race travels.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
the backseat is far more comfortable to sleep on than any drivers seat. (its huge) Useless option IMO. I use the backseat all the time in my race travels.
I do the same thing now with my 18 when I'm by myself and at the track. But if the wife or somebody else is with me, the max recline would be helpful.
Sponsored