Sponsored

About to purchase 23' PB Platinum with under 10K miles...

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I Google searched it and it popped up to a Ford dealer in UT but nothing listed at the dealership. I was curious the price, etc. as I'm in the market as well.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Yeah it's no longer listed on any of the dealer websites. Carfax looked fine.

This one might already be gone Saturday before you got to it on Monday. You'll know tomorrow.

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate

This one might already be gone Saturday before you got to it on Monday. You'll know tomorrow.
Will let you know- thanks for the assistance

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate

The carfax said it had the computer reprogramed at 10k miles- cause for concern or no?

hanzie411

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
just fyi, i bought a used 23 PB platinum that was owned for 6 months and had 3k miles on it. This was back in January when i bought it. I wasn't too concerned as it was Ford Gold certified which came with additional warranty. After joining this forum i was afraid i made a mistake, but so far so good. Just one minor issue with the trailer brake fault message popped up a few times while on a long road trip, but hasn't come back since. I was even more worried after seeing the carfax later that this truck (before the first owner) had its transmission replaced and computer reprogrammed, and some other things....but again the truck has been good. Just stupid things like the apple car play not connecting sometimes. Things i will take to the dealer when its due for an oil change.

Sponsored

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
Thanks for the reply- what's an ESP and how do I do it?
Ford Extended Service plan. Extended warranty. I would forget about this and get a new one unless it is heavily discounted. You would probably get a much better lease or financing rate if you buy new. Do remember that this truck is different than your regular EB or Coyote. Electronically, it is more involved and it feels different than them. Main difference in terms of feel, is the transmission shifting. Would I purchase PB again? Absolutely! Love the 7.2KW onboard generator, fuel economy, power and knowing the ICE is off when sitting in a traffic jam or pulled over in a parking lot and eating my lunch during winter months!

Last edited:

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
The carfax said it had the computer reprogramed at 10k miles- cause for concern or no?
Most likely ten speed transmission was shifting poorly. Most of the time my 21 is fine. Then every so often, it does a bad or hard downshift or two.

Some people had software update issues. You need to check the head unit for update number.

I do not they list their used vehicles with their own dealer brand of warranty. You are better off to take that "cost" off the sticker price and go with a Ford branded warranty to protect yourself where ever you go.

PS I do notice that they buy in lots of used vehicles from all over. Some 2WD others 4wd. Be sure you review the window sticker and get what you want. Sometimes all that chrome shines so brightly we get blinded....

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
There is/was also an issue with the transmission auxiliary pump where it was addressed either by replacing the transmission, replacing the aux pump or reprogramming. I had the same issue. They either reset all the codes or flashed it with a new software. It has been three months and so far so good!

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
All- thanks for your assistance- got the truck bought! Super clean Platinum 23' 701-A high-- 16k miles for $60k. MSRP $79,500 Very excited to learn more about running a PB.
I've found it's quite fun to try and squeak out as many MPG's with the PB. I've gotten over 24 (at least on the trip computer) even with my high rack and roof top tent on the truck.

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Greetings all,

New on the forum and I appreciate your feedback in advance. Very close to purchasing a preowned (15k miles) 23' PB Platinum F150- but after reading a few threads about battery issues I'm getting cold feet. Of course there are many reasons the original owner would sell, but wondering if there is a way to find out if that owner was experiencing the battery/electrical gremlins that seem to be prevalent on some of these PBs. Really want the truck, but obviously don't want someone else's headache. Carfax says the original owner had the battery/ charging system, body electrical system checked, and computer reprogrammed at 10k miles and sold it at 15k miles- truck is for sale at a dealer here in UT. Is that info a dead give away to stay away, or could the problem have been resolved and it's good to go? Appreciate the feedback.
Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm waiting for the next generation PB, because I'm not completely sold on mine.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I didn't see that. Did you post in VIN lookup thread? You can also just PM Rugedraw if you don't feel comfortable posting a VIN. If it was at a Ford dealer there would be record in Ford system he can see. If it was third party dealer then who knows what happened. I would get extended warranty on it just because I'm a fan of it after my last truck. Genuine Ford ESP as already mentioned in this thread.

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm a 'bat battery' victim with my 23 PB. Things have been MUCH better since replacing it, but had to go a few rounds with my dealership to get that done. That said, I'd agree with a few posts above. You'd probably get the same/better deal with a new PB. Good luck!

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
WE NEED PICS! $60K OTD or before TTL?

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
WE NEED PICS! $60K OTD or before TTL?
Truck stil at dealer getting a few items taken care of before delivery. $60k doesn't include TTL
Sponsored