Sponsored

About to purchase 23' PB Platinum with under 10K miles...

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Greetings all,

New on the forum and I appreciate your feedback in advance. Very close to purchasing a preowned (15k miles) 23' PB Platinum F150- but after reading a few threads about battery issues I'm getting cold feet. Of course there are many reasons the original owner would sell, but wondering if there is a way to find out if that owner was experiencing the battery/electrical gremlins that seem to be prevalent on some of these PBs. Really want the truck, but obviously don't want someone else's headache. Carfax says the original owner had the battery/ charging system, body electrical system checked, and computer reprogrammed at 10k miles and sold it at 15k miles- truck is for sale at a dealer here in UT. Is that info a dead give away to stay away, or could the problem have been resolved and it's good to go? Appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Etl330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Curious why you’re going for a used 23? What are they asking? If you’re financing a new one with a hefty discount and 1.9% financing is probably the better move

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Get a Carfax it will show the service history of the car.
Don't be confused about the power boosts battery for mobility versus the under the Hood standard 12 volt battery to crank the engine. It's the one under the hood that is causing problems with everybody. The power boosts battery for mobility is fine with no problems or issues with it

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Curious why you’re going for a used 23? What are they asking? If you’re financing a new one with a hefty discount and 1.9% financing is probably the better move
Hate taking that initial depreciation hit.
It's $60k with 15k miles- origianl MSRP was $79k

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Get a Carfax it will show the service history of the car.
Don't be confused about the power boosts battery for mobility versus the under the Hood standard 12 volt battery to crank the engine. It's the one under the hood that is causing problems with everybody. The power boosts battery for mobility is fine with no problems or issues with it
Good info- thanks- so if the 12v battery is replaced issues seem to go away?

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I had battery issues on my 2023, and the dealer replaced it. I started storing my key FOB in a faraday pouch and never had a problem again. I’ve left it for over a week and no issues. I think my key was close and constantly trying to communicate with the truck, but that’s just my guess. That may be an issue for others as well. I wouldn’t worry about the battery.

Sponsored

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
There are a few members here with connections that can run the VIN for you and check its service history in greater detail versus Carfax. @rugedraw

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Good info- thanks- so if the 12v battery is replaced issues seem to go away?
That seems to be the consensus. Tons and tons of issues with the battery under the hood even my own, (small issue): I couldnt get an update until my battery was fully charged. I had a low SoC (State of Charge) and it wouldnt update until it was juiced fully.
I have not replaced mine, (yet), as everything it still running pretty well... love my PB.

@PCfordguy , sorry should also add im 20,000 miles and just shy of 2yrs old

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
That seems to be the consensus. Tons and tons of issues with the battery under the hood even my own, (small issue): I couldnt get an update until my battery was fully charged. I had a low SoC (State of Charge) and it wouldnt update until it was juiced fully.
I have not replaced mine, (yet), as everything it still running pretty well... love my PB.
great info- thank you

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
Searched the VIN. Are you sure the truck didn't sell?

OP
OP
PCfordguy

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Searched the VIN. Are you sure the truck didn't sell?
I can't swear to it- I made an appt. with the salesman to go look at it in the morning.
Sponsored