Sponsored

2021 - 2023 Reliability?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Other than the recalls, serviced every 5k and currently at 19k.

it got a new engine at 18k.
New engine because?
Sponsored

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
My 22 has been pretty solid, I had a rear pinion seal leak and valve cover gasket leak at 55k miles. I did the rear e-brake cable fix myself and at the next service the dealership rubber stamped my fix and noted it in their system that the recall
was performed.

Other than that I’ve had 13 oil changes, including 2 transmission (and diff/tcase) flushes, 4 air filters, 2 cabin air filters and one set of tires in my 12 months of ownership.

Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
That’s impossible. Your truck hasn’t had any recalls?
The question was about reliability. I haven't taken my truck in for anything other scheduled maintenance. I believe I have the recall pending on the rear axle wiring harness issue. I got under there and everything looked fine to me so I have not done that nor so I believe I will prior to trading it in.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I have a 2021 with 56500 miles. We drive it everywhere and love it. No problems, except for a few recalls, and some OTA issues but I am ok with that at the moment.

I also bought a six-year 125,000 extended warranty so I am good to go.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I'll pile on too.... 2022 STX, early BAP, CC, 5.0L, 4X4, leveled, born on September 9, 2022, 14 months old and just turned 10K miles. I smile every time I get to drive it; like a 16 yr old going to 7-Eleven to get ketchup for mom....

It's mostly perfect... Am I satisfied very much so...

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
21' F150 XLT 4X4, 5.0L. I have 68,000 miles and for the most part it has been trouble free. AT 61,000 miles I finally had the harsh 1-3 shift fixed the TSB. Ford replaced the CDF drum. That has corrected that problem, but still get occasional delayed Shifts 4-5-6. Wiper motor recall, ABS wire recalls completed, still open wiper arm recall. The 5.0 has been great without any issues. Change the oil myself and when time for a tire rotation, I bring to the dealer. I'm still on my ORIGINAL factory Hancook tires (68K miles). When I gauge them I am just at the 6/32 thread mark. I maintain my truck.

I'm overall still happy with my truck and I plan to keep it for a long time.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
21' F150 XLT 4X4, 5.0L. I have 68,000 miles and for the most part it has been trouble free. AT 61,000 miles I finally had the harsh 1-3 shift fixed the TSB. Ford replaced the CDF drum. That has corrected that problem, but still get occasional delayed Shifts 4-5-6. Wiper motor recall, ABS wire recalls completed, still open wiper arm recall. The 5.0 has been great without any issues. Change the oil myself and when time for a tire rotation, I bring to the dealer. I'm still on my ORIGINAL factory Hancook tires (68K miles). When I gauge them I am just at the 6/32 thread mark. I maintain my truck.

I'm overall still happy with my truck and I plan to keep it for a long time.
Do you have a ballpark for what the cdf drum cost? Was this just out of warranty?

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
21 Platinum with 26,000 miles. Other than a weepy front pinion seal, this truck has been very good. I'm impressed, because usually any vehicle that I buy, either domestic or foreign, usually ends up being a total load of poop. Not always, but usually.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Do you have a ballpark for what the cdf drum cost? Was this just out of warranty?
The below TSB was performed. It cost me zero dollars out of pocket. I attached the TSB for you to review.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN : 22-2428
10R60/10R80/10R80 MHT Automatic Transmission - Harsh/Delayed Engagement And/Or Harsh/Delayed Shift - Built On Or Before 23-Dec-2022
22-2428
26 May 2023

Attachments

rvniner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge, 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost 4X4
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance Technician Instructor
As with any vehicle, those with problems with their cars are much more vocal than those who don't have issues. I've already run into an issue of my own, bringing the truck in twice within 10 days of purchase. I believe (hope) it to be a simple programming fix, but we will see. I don't want to do a poll, really, but of those of you who have a 2021 - 2023 F150 of any flavor what has been your reliability experience? I am assuming MOST people have 0 issues, but would be interested to hear how your reliability has been with your ownership.

Thank you.
I have a 21 Lariet PB 502A, the engine cover had been eaten by rodents while it sat in the lot in Dearborn before delivery, (fixed under warranty), my main battery died roughly 2 months after delivery, (fixed under warranty). I have received several recall notices, (wiper system, wire harness etc.) and just last week received notice parts are now in stock for the wiper system. Starting in October, my display locks up intermittently during startup. Shutting down and restarting resulted in normal operation. I also experimented with just driving even though the display was either blank or frozen on the Ford logo after startup. Doing this resulted in what appears to be an automatic reset of the display/sync functionality. Saturday Dec 30th, the sound system malfunctioned at startup with only 1 speaker in the right front location operated extremely loud and distorted. Shutdown and restart did not return normal operation. I switched to CarPlay and only the front speakers worked. Tried the radio again this morning and the sound system was working. How does one trouble shoot a problem like this? Does the system have a fault log with memory/history?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think all you can really do is chalk it up to the occasional "reboot", as you have done. (a restart/key cycle)

However, as a result of the forum collective finding a work around for the SSN/No-start, I have discovered that the so called 2-step startup sequence on a Powerboost is a preferred method for booting this multi-computer/multi-network/multi-module machine up.

I admit that it's anecdotal at best, but I experience far fewer glitches when starting with Accessory Mode first, and waiting maybe 10 seconds (while I fire up OBDlink PID monitoring), and then pressing the brake and hitting the start button the second time.

I also realize that in this hurry up world we live in, that such a procedure might be painful for some. There are advantages to being an old man who simply doesn't have the energy to afford the rush. 😉

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
2022 EB XLT 302a cdn version w max tow, and 360 camera that I love. Biggest issue was getting it - ordered Dec, built june (or at least started in June finished in July due to chip hold), not delivered until Oct as sat on train yard for 3 months due to flickering DRL. I suspect due to pestering Ford executives the truck was delivered even though flickering was still present. It went in 2 months later when the fix was available.

Only 10k miles on it but love to drive it. Tows our 7k lb trailer like a beast but nice ride when we aren't towing. No big issues ex the recalls though am likely to replace battery soon. We love it so much I wish I would have spent a bit more to get a few more options even though it has a lot vs my 2010 f150. I do love the 360 camera.

About to drive it across the country to the west coast of Canada and back - yes during winter. We will see if our opinion changes after almost doubling our mileage in a single trip.
Sponsored