2021 - 2023 Reliability?

pcohenchicago

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
As with any vehicle, those with problems with their cars are much more vocal than those who don't have issues. I've already run into an issue of my own, bringing the truck in twice within 10 days of purchase. I believe (hope) it to be a simple programming fix, but we will see. I don't want to do a poll, really, but of those of you who have a 2021 - 2023 F150 of any flavor what has been your reliability experience? I am assuming MOST people have 0 issues, but would be interested to hear how your reliability has been with your ownership.

Thank you.
Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
2022 here. I have the 3.5L. EB

32,500 miles no issues to date.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I have had two small issues with mine, I had a short in the tail light and noisy seat cooler fan , otherwise pretty rock solid.

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
2022.. my hood needed some alignment. bugged me everytime i walked by it. 20 min job. battery upgraded... mine only had an H6 instead of spec H7.. i installed an H8. Jan built 2022... am missing decent headrest... otherwise just fine. i did do a 9 yr and 100k warranty from Ford too. i am a much better mindset with that situation in the bag...

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Warranty helps if you are concerned find a low miles under 3 yr 36k then throw on an extended warranty with Ford ESP.

Bought used 21 this spring. I haven't broke it yet. Other than the dumb issues with updates some 21 trucks have, that can be fixed, I don't think any major issues in Gen14. Less deleted features on 21 trucks but many here add in the deleted items to the 22 and 23 trucks.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I’ve had some issues with my window door switches so far and sometimes the transmission is jerky and then it gets better again. Had a relearn done and so far so good.

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Purchased my 2021 in April 2021. 3.5eb 157" wb 4x4 max tow, right at 60k miles now.

I've had an exhaust rattle from the resonator, fixed by adding a Corsa exhaust.
Rear axle hub bolt broke around 50k miles (which is super common with the max tow package)
Air bag clock spring started making some noise around 55k, no loss of steering wheel controls, bit I'll replace that myself shortly.

Otherwise it's been a really great truck. I get 22mpg on average and it's ran a 13.8 @ 100mph 1/4 mile on the street. I plan to have this thing for a while.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
As with any vehicle, those with problems with their cars are much more vocal than those who don't have issues. I've already run into an issue of my own, bringing the truck in twice within 10 days of purchase. I believe (hope) it to be a simple programming fix, but we will see. I don't want to do a poll, really, but of those of you who have a 2021 - 2023 F150 of any flavor what has been your reliability experience? I am assuming MOST people have 0 issues, but would be interested to hear how your reliability has been with your ownership.

Thank you.

Mine has been reliable, but not perfect.

2.7 2022 job 1 ccsb fx4

There is a slight vibration at 50-60mph, but Im now told that's normal by the dealer. I chased the problem for a while and I'm convinced its pinion angle related. I dont really care about it frankly as long as I know what's causing it; it's very slight.

My aipm(?) that controls the DRLs was bad from the factory apparently and was replaced under recall.

On the whole, my problems in the first 3200 miles are very minor and the truck is seriously impressive in terms of performance and mpgs.

This thread is anecdotal and probably won't paint the complete picture of problems with this gen. On the whole, I wouldn't say there are many design issues outside of the powerboost battery heat exchanger and CDF drums that proved so problematic on previous gens. The wet belts on 5.0s and 2.7s haven't had enough time to prove themselves just yet to me. Some 2021 and maybe 2022 2.7s had cam phaser and valve issues. These are all fairly solid trucks frankly.

THe trans software is definitely goofy, but I don't think its doing damage. If I slow down very quickly to a stop, I usually get a clunk as it moves to first gear. It's very clunky when cold. The torque converter lockup strategy is super wierd too. It almost hesitates to lock up (it always locks in third) when accelerating very slowly or trying to stay around 20mph, almost like riding the clutch. It otherwise behaves very well when accelerating with a little more pep. If Blackstone does analysis on transmission fluids, I might have that done at 50k.

PJRNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost
2022 3.5 EB with Max Tow, only issue was recall on the emergency brake wire. So far, it's been better than my brand-new Durango which needed a new rear end in the first week...... I don't drive many miles, so problems related to mileage might take a while.

Murrk847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 5.0 F150 STX
I’ve had some issues with my window door switches so far and sometimes the transmission is jerky and then it gets better again. Had a relearn done and so far so good.
Did you do the relearn or did the dealer have to do it? I remember the "turn the key and press/depress the pedal three times" thing on my '15 but dont think thats a thing anymore.

Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor

Thank you.
2022 Tremor 402A. All options except Torsen diff, and Park Assist + Auto Stop/Start (last two, factory deleted). 14 months old 13,000 miles. Zero issues so far.

Fordstream

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Plat Powerboost

Thank you.
I've wanted to start this thread as well. I took delivery of a 2022 Job 2 PB Plat 4x4 in May 22 and other than 3 minor recalls (wiper motor, flicker, and emergency brake chaffing issue - all fixed in my driveway by my dealer) I've had no issues. Now at 15k miles and 90-percent pulling a 4k trailer. Many hours using ProPower but very little time off road.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
'22 5.0

Minor issue here and there, mostly electrical related.
B&O speakers went crazy once.
The 400w outlet inside the truck can stop operation at its own discretion.
A/C gets blocked/stops on occasion which can be found on here if searching.
My XLT only had 1 delete which was the auto start/stop.

Not things I am overly concerned with and do plan on keeping this truck for another 5 years+.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry

Thank you.
I have a 21 Platty EB, with 15,000 miles , only issue is with Sync 4 , screen freezes.
No fix from Ford in car technology. This started from the last OTA update. It’s annoy but easily fixed by resetting. I haven’t got any OTA updates after I complained

bp1954fromca

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport

Thank you.
I have a 21 PB with 39000 miles. Issues for the most part are minor. However the service department at the dealership where I purchased the truck has been frustrating. Parts are always on back order and they cannot come up with a temporary fix so you can have the truck until parts arrive. Elevating the issue to Ford Canada just increases blood pressure and does alleviate the problem. Overall I like this truck but not impressed with service departments and Ford Canada.
Sponsored