Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
You ever find out if this kit supports any rear lift? Wouldn't mind adding a .5" on rear to keep the current angle I have with the 2" level if I go to the full 2.5" on this kit.
I have not yet, I hope to lift the rear .75” with the Autospring kit and go the full 2.5” in the front. I figure on my 157”, it will still look like it has a slight rake, but obviously less than stock.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Called the Ford Performance Tech line and was told, “No”, these will not support any rear lift, although it sounded like they were doing nothing more than reading directly from the Ford Performance website…

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Called the Ford Performance Tech line and was told, “No”, these will not support any rear lift, although it sounded like they were doing nothing more than reading directly from the Ford Performance website…
I imagine that is just Ford Performance doing CYA. If true, then these are inferior to the Bilsteins and based on the specs, I don't think there is really any difference that would be that significant.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Thank you for running that trap with FP though. I know I appreciate it and your sharing that info with us!

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I imagine that is just Ford Performance doing CYA. If true, then these are inferior to the Bilsteins and based on the specs, I don't think there is really any difference that would be that significant.
Yeah, I agree on the CYA part. I still firmly believe these are 5160s with a Ford Performance sticker slapped on em, a nicer reservoir mount, and maybe some "tuning".

Regardless, I suspect they would support up to the 1" lift like the 5160s, but since they probably weren't tested with any kind of rear lift, they don't want to advertise it.

There's still a fair amount of time before I have these installed, so I will probably reach out to Bilstein, but I do worry if something comes up then Ford is gonna void the warranty just like that.

Sponsored

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
These are my #1 Choice but I really want to know the spring rate and how much lift they are getting on the high notch on a Loaded Powerboost.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I finished installing the front coil overs last night. The install went smooth, no beating on the tapered joints, in fact they just "fell" apart. I was a little concerned about the axle nut/IWE thingies, but I just put a mark on the axle and outer ring/shield where they pass through the steering knuckle and line them up during reassembly. Prying down on the lower control arm to slip the new coil over in was no big deal either. Things buttoned up fine, no extra parts, uneventful, I didn't even get that dirty :)

I did a poor mans alignment for sanity and surprisingly only the camber is slightly off. The tow is fine and the caster is good enough to get me to the alignment shop later today.

Last edited:

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
INSPECTOR
I finished installing the front coil overs last night. The install went smooth, no beating on the tapered joints, in fact they just "fell" apart. I was a little concerned about the axle nut/UWE thingies, but I just put a mark on the axle and outer ring/shield where they pass through the steering knuckle and line them up during reassembly. Prying down on the lower control arm to slip the new coil over in was no big deal either. Things buttoned up fine, no extra parts, uneventful, I didn't even get that dirty :)

I did a poor mans alignment for sanity and surprisingly only the camber is slightly off. The tow is fine and the caster is good enough to get me to the alignment shop later today.
I'm curious why the axle nut has to come loose. Is there an install video you watched?

dmcelhaney06

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150
Occupation
Teacher
I just had this kit installed today and left it at the 2 inch height. The ride is very nice and I have my truck weighed down with camping gear so it can handle a load. I’m going to “try” tomorrow to install my 35/12.5r17 Toyo’s that I have on some raptor takeoffs. They fit my 2013 without any trimming or rubbing so I’m crossing g my fingers on this truck. Will update tomorrow (although I have a strong feeling lol)

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
So I reached out to Bilstein

I was fed “These were built to vendor specifications and we leave it to the vendor to disclose said specifications if the so choose.”

Small part of me says fuck it. Throw the taller blocks in, worst case scenario, gotta get some new shocks out back in a few years.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I'm curious why the axle nut has to come loose. Is there an install video you watched?
Not a specific video for installing this kit, lots of videos out there, and the process is pretty much the same. I've seen videos and read other kit instructions. Some remove the nut some don't. I've even seen/read to remove the lower control arm. Removing the axle nut keeps you from pulling the axle out of the differential. I also think it puts less strain on the CV boots as you pry down on the lower control arm.

Here is the Ford Performance Instructions for this kit that I followed:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-18000-F15B_MM_20221031.PDF

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
So I reached out to Bilstein

I was fed “These were built to vendor specifications and we leave it to the vendor to disclose said specifications if the so choose.”

Small part of me says fuck it. Throw the taller blocks in, worst case scenario, gotta get some new shocks out back in a few years.
I'll look again, but when I installed the kits rear shocks I thought I saw, in small print, "Bilstein 5160"....

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I'll look again, but when I installed the kits rear shocks I thought I saw, in small print, "Bilstein 5160"....
I checked again and the package has: Bilstein 5160 and 6112 on them. I'm betting they are standard cartridges but the insides are customized for the company (Ford Performance in this case).

We went to look at holiday lights in a little nearby town last night. Mostly highway miles, but man it rides nice. To each their own, but I was expecting the ride to be somewhat harsh at times I guess, not at all. Firm but forgiving, like a truck, but not a 3/4 ton, the 1977 Eldorado front to rear rocking horse is gone ;)

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
INSPECTOR
Just ordered them from Lethal for $1400 plus Shipping. Will see how they fit my Loaded Powerboost when it shows up first week of January.

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
I checked again and the package has: Bilstein 5160 and 6112 on them. I'm betting they are standard cartridges but the insides are customized for the company (Ford Performance in this case).

We went to look at holiday lights in a little nearby town last night. Mostly highway miles, but man it rides nice. To each their own, but I was expecting the ride to be somewhat harsh at times I guess, not at all. Firm but forgiving, like a truck, but not a 3/4 ton, the 1977 Eldorado front to rear rocking horse is gone ;)
Pics?
Sponsored