OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I know that this is probably bs, but I called the customer service tech line and the representative told me that the 3.5.2 was the beginning of Bluecruise activation. He also said that there would be more updates later this week.
If nothing else, it’s kind of amusing listening to the Ford Customer Service representatives!
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I know that this is probably bs, but I called the customer service tech line and the representative told me that the 3.5.2 was the beginning of Bluecruise activation. He also said that there would be more updates later this week.
If nothing else, it’s kind of amusing listening to the Ford Customer Service representatives!
Pure BS. That is the second Power-Up OTA you are supposed to get after 2.8.2 which is the one that activates BC.

bjgreen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A
Occupation
Engineer
@Jesse-Infotainment I also have jumped from 2.7.3 / 2.7.4 (that update happened June 2022, can't remember which one I ended up with) to 3.5.2 in the last week. I am not in the queue for 3.5.3 yet as far as I know.

I've been considering picking up a Mongoose, but this might be the bit of info that pushes me over the edge. Would you be able to take a look and let me know if I'm in trouble yet? 1FTFW1E87MKE27022

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment I also have jumped from 2.7.3 / 2.7.4 (that update happened June 2022, can't remember which one I ended up with) to 3.5.2 in the last week. I am not in the queue for 3.5.3 yet as far as I know.

I've been considering picking up a Mongoose, but this might be the bit of info that pushes me over the edge. Would you be able to take a look and let me know if I'm in trouble yet? 1FTFW1E87MKE27022

You are actually in decent shape. Your IPC is updated. The only update you need is the IPMA>

If you do get some OTAs it does make it harder to get the Config on ford side corrected but its still doable. Your truck though is not as bad as some. very fixable.

I tell everyone in your situation the sooner the better.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Just received this 5/25...

I'm just passing this along so others know updates are coming. I have a 21 with a June 2021 build date.

Ford F-150 2.7.4 Update Screenshot_20230529-090616_FordPass

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
3.5.3 came today. I guess that’s a bad thing. I need to get back down to the dealership and see what they decided about refunding my money for the prep package.
Since I’m retired, I might waste some time and a little money in small claims court. Unfortunately it will involve my local dealership that really isn’t to blame.

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
I’m having a hard time believing Ford is that incompetent but I guess time will tell. Quite the gong show that’s for sure!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
3.5.3 came today. I guess that’s a bad thing. I need to get back down to the dealership and see what they decided about refunding my money for the prep package.
Since I’m retired, I might waste some time and a little money in small claims court. Unfortunately it will involve my local dealership that really isn’t to blame.
It will be cheaper and more satisfying to buy a Mongoose cable and get the truck you paid for.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
With the release of the IPC update yesterday.. it may be something that eases the pain of skipping the IPC update. Im not sure yet. The other OTA that is getting skipped is the IPMA update. I cant remember what the OTA version was for that one. It was the IPMA, PSCM, CCM, CMR all in one OTA for blueCruise capable vehicles.

SO it is possible the ones that have skipped the iPC to now get the new IPC update and it correct things. I dotn know yet. Too may variable because of the IPMA not being updated can cause issues as well.

It will be a truck by truck situation. Will just have to see what each trucks situation is and go from there

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
With the release of the IPC update yesterday.. it may be something that eases the pain of skipping the IPC update. Im not sure yet. The other OTA that is getting skipped is the IPMA update. I cant remember what the OTA version was for that one. It was the IPMA, PSCM, CCM, CMR all in one OTA for blueCruise capable vehicles.

SO it is possible the ones that have skipped the iPC to now get the new IPC update and it correct things. I dotn know yet. Too may variable because of the IPMA not being updated can cause issues as well.

It will be a truck by truck situation. Will just have to see what each trucks situation is and go from there
2.8.1 is the one for the IPMA and various modules that required the truck to be inhibited for over an hour and would fail a lot due to SOC issues. 2.8.2 was the GWM update that activated BC. 2.8.3 is the one that gave you cameras in motion.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Financial Management
Just received this update 5/31...

Without sounding knowledgeable, I wonder if Ford had issues with the 2.8.3 update and decided to fold it into a later update after fixing it? I went from 2.7.3 to 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 and now to 4.2.1.

My truck doesn't have the BC prep pack, which is practically the only option I didnt get. The not so sensible person in me says order a 24my with BC, but the sensible person in me says follow the problem solving flow chart because my truck runs flawlessly and the 24rmy may have a lot of missing parts due to shortages, week axle bolts prone to snapping, etc..

Good luck to those with the BC prep pack. I'm getting excited for it to be activated on your trucks and looking forward to hearing about your experiences with it.

Ford F-150 2.7.4 Update Screenshot_20230603-075054_FordPass

Ford F-150 2.7.4 Update Resized_20230523_092335

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I contacted the dealership yesterday and this was their response:

Robert, I understand your frustration with Ford on this. At the dealership level there is nothing we can do. You have every right to take Ford to small claims court. If we can assist in any way, please let us know.

I think that was a pretty decent response.
I started researching the small claims process and ran across an article about suing Ford Motor Company in small claims. It stated that their army of lawyers would have the case bumped up into a higher court and at that point you would need an attorney.
Hopefully further investigation will show that’s not true, but it sounds about right!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just received this update 5/31...

Without sounding knowledgeable, I wonder if Ford had issues with the 2.8.3 update and decided to fold it into a later update after fixing it? I went from 2.7.3 to 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 and now to 4.2.1.

My truck doesn't have the BC prep pack, which is practically the only option I didnt get. The not so sensible person in me says order a 24my with BC, but the sensible person in me says follow the problem solving flow chart because my truck runs flawlessly and the 24rmy may have a lot of missing parts due to shortages, week axle bolts prone to snapping, etc..

Good luck to those with the BC prep pack. I'm getting excited for it to be activated on your trucks and looking forward to hearing about your experiences with it.
If the last OTA you got before the 3.5.x OTA's came in, then your truck got skipped over several updates. You missed out on rear camera(s) in motion and pro trailer back up assist with the checkered sticker instead of just the sensors.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Financial Management
If the last OTA you got before the 3.5.x OTA's came in, then your truck got skipped over several updates. You missed out on rear camera(s) in motion and pro trailer back up assist with the checkered sticker instead of just the sensors.
Aww, darn it. Checkered sticker? I haven't attempted to use the pro trailer back up assist as I usually rent whatever equipment and trailer I need and to set it up would require me to do so each time I tow. I think. I did notice when I was backing up to a trailer last week I had some guiding lines to help me get the ball lined up. That was very helpful. Next time I rent a trailer, I'll take the time to give pro trailer back assist a try.

Thanks rugedraw!
Sponsored