2.7.4 Update

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. I am willing to get a mongoose. Almost bought one a few weeks ago but held out because I knew I was in line to receive 2.7.4 but now it jumped to this new update. If you can look at my VIN 1FTFW1E50MFA64125 and tell me that I should get the mongoose, I will buy one.
I did look. Yes you should. Otherwise you’re going to compound the issues.
Sponsored

Moondawg926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Platinum
I did look. Yes you should. Otherwise you’re going to compound the issues.
Ok, thank you, I appreciate that. And you wouldnt mind helping me with the process once I receive it? It looked relatively simple when I was studying the process while my truck was stuck back at the old update. If there is a specific sequence I need to do the updates in then I may need some assistance.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok, thank you, I appreciate that. And you wouldnt mind helping me with the process once I receive it? It looked relatively simple when I was studying the process while my truck was stuck back at the old update. If there is a specific sequence I need to do the updates in then I may need some assistance.
Yes I’ll help you. When you get set up let me know and we game plan

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Moondawg926

I'm near Galveston
I know that's not exactly just down the road from Lake Charles, but if you want to borrow my Mongoose to get your truck healthy, you are welcome to it.
And when you get done you can just mail it back?

Moondawg926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Platinum
@Moondawg926

I'm near Galveston
I know that's not exactly just down the road from Lake Charles, but if you want to borrow my Mongoose to get your truck healthy, you are welcome to it.
And when you get done you can just mail it back?
I was just about to buy one on Amazon. Man I come to Houston all the time. You wouldn’t miss it for a few days?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not at all!

My truck is 100% up to date and I don't want Ford to TOUCH it! :)

(until Bluecruise 1.2 comes out) 😁

Just message me if/when you are coming to H-town and I will meet you at a landmark. No worries. Happy to help my brother on the other side of the Sabine.

jslacker

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The first time it was "off" was due to the campaign expiring. Ford realized many trucks were still left behind and they reinstated the campaign. As of January 4th, they told dealers to stop doing it because of the possible issue being discussed in the past few posts. 4 months later, the program is still on hold. I assume they have not been able to address a way to fix it that doesn't involve what Jesse does to help people with this issue, because dealers can't do what he does.
I called the OTA hotline today. They said 21G01 may come off hold the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I called the OTA hotline today. They said 21G01 may come off hold the end of this month. Fingers crossed.
That would be awesome, but I don't put any weight into anything those people say.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This is probably a dumb question, but I went from 2.7.4 from almost a year ago to this morning the truck updated to 3.5.2. Does that mean I now have Bluecruise or did they just skip over all the previous updates?
Thanks!

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Same here, believe it was on Tuesday. I believe I read it skips all in between. Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is probably a dumb question, but I went from 2.7.4 from almost a year ago to this morning the truck updated to 3.5.2. Does that mean I now have Bluecruise or did they just skip over all the previous updates?
Thanks!
It does not. It actually means you are most likely 100% screwed out of ever getting BC now via OTA or via FDRS.

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
It does not. It actually means you are most likely 100% screwed out of ever getting BC now via OTA or via FDRS.
Wait, does this mean I can’t use the mongoose (that I’m on the waiting list for) to catch my truck up and finally activate BlueCruise?

It was supposed to be activated right after I bought it (used) in October, but dealership dicked me around until the update was put on hold.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Wait, does this mean I can’t use the mongoose (that I’m on the waiting list for) to catch my truck up and finally activate BlueCruise?

It was supposed to be activated right after I bought it (used) in October, but dealership dicked me around until the update was put on hold.
If your truck gets sent 3.5.3 before it gets the older updates, Jesse will have to help you do it. You won't be able to do it on your own.

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
If your truck gets sent 3.5.3 before it gets the older updates, Jesse will have to help you do it. You won't be able to do it on your own.
I recently got 3.5.2. Same issue with that one?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I recently got 3.5.2. Same issue with that one?
Not really sure. 3.5.2 is a GWM update and the update that activates BlueCruise (2.8.2) is also a GWM update, so maybe. I know that once you get 3.5.3 which is an APIM update that brings your Sync version up to 22293, then for sure you're screwed. Once that happens, you can still fix it with a Mongoose, but you will need help from Jesse to do so.
Sponsored