Sponsored

05/09/22 Build week

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: '13 XLT 4x2 Soon(?): '22 501A Sport SCrew FX4
I laugh to keep from crying. Hopefully a few people from this build week who have been waiting absurdly long times get their trucks soon.

Just crazy to think you may have dodged the timing of a chip shortage, only to be built in a week when Ford Motor Company doesn't have wiper motors to put in their trucks.
Sponsored

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
My salesman finally confirmed that my truck is on chip hold. Had to ask him directly and sited everything here as references.

• Angry
Reactions: bdl

cpisci3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX 3.5
Decided to chat with Ford again and they confirmed the worst, my truck is on a chip hold as well, and has a delivery date of October 25th. I just sold my old truck (prematurely I guess) since the process moved faster than I thought. I guess that bit me in the ass lol.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Decided to chat with Ford again and they confirmed the worst, my truck is on a chip hold as well, and has a delivery date of October 25th. I just sold my old truck (prematurely I guess) since the process moved faster than I thought. I guess that bit me in the ass lol.
That's insane man. I haven't heard of anything out to October yet WTF. I really hope yours and others don't go that far out.

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
October 25th???

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
October! WTF!

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost

cpisci3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX 3.5
October! WTF!
Yeah, I’m pissed to say the least. I’m calling the dealer now to see if they can give some more detail as to what’s going on. If this really is my delivery date, I may just buy a used 18+ 3.5. Just not sure it’s worth the wait

OP
OP
Durnin

Durnin

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, I’m pissed to say the least. I’m calling the dealer now to see if they can give some more detail as to what’s going on. If this really is my delivery date, I may just buy a used 18+ 3.5. Just not sure it’s worth the wait
What trim did you order? And what was your blend date?

Reactions: TJE

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
WTF, that's like rolling it into a 2023!

Sponsored

cpisci3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX 3.5
What trim did you order? And what was your blend date?
I ordered an STX with a 3.5, and the FX4 package. Part of the reason I ordered this trim and not an XLT was because I figured it’s a pretty basic truck, so it should just go through without a chip hold, since this truck doesn’t tons of options. My blend date was 5/13, activate button is there on the Ford app, and modules have appeared.

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered an STX with a 3.5, and the FX4 package. Part of the reason I ordered this trim and not an XLT was because I figured it’s a pretty basic truck, so it should just go through without a chip hold, since this truck doesn’t tons of options. My blend date was 5/13, activate button is there on the Ford app, and modules have appeared.
It’s one thing to get endlessly bumped until October which other people have obviously experienced for the last year plus, but for them to tell you to expect October… and on an STX… wow…

To say the least, I’m sorry to hear that for you, and certainly doesn’t bode well for the rest of us.

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
It’s one thing to get endlessly bumped until October which other people have obviously experienced for the last year plus, but for them to tell you to expect October… and on an STX… wow…

To say the least, I’m sorry to hear that for you, and certainly doesn’t bode well for the rest of us.
That's what I'm saying, FORD's MO is to overpromise and underproduce, not the other way around...OCTOBER....WTF

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

Honestly, blunt honest expectation is better in my opinion.

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles