• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JacksonHandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, previous GTI and F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5eco
I was informed of the nearly 500 reservations at my dealer, they may get 5 allocations

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I was informed of the nearly 500 reservations at my dealer, they may get 5 allocations
That's nuts 500 reservations..... What dealer is that?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
They “may” get… no one really knows. My dealer says around 10, but again it’s a guess.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I can see your point, but what would do if by the time your wave rolls around, all that's available are XLT with ER and Platinum?
I'm Going to wait til next MY if it appears that next MY will begin delivery by Nov. There's just not enough value in the XLT or Platinum to justify.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Is that $500 additional deposit also refundable in case in future you want to opt out (and plan to go for cybertruck or silverado EV or Hummer EV :p )? Is this deposit there for every dealer?
When I asked my dealer, he said no additional deposit would be required on top of the initial $100 I paid. SO little curious here. TIA.
I am not an expert by any means, so don’t hold my response as the end all truth… I believe that the deposit amount is set by the dealer. In my state they cannot legally take a non-refundable deposit, so mine is refundable if I back out. They would have to call it a non-refundable fee… which they do not.

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
That last wave for MY 2022 is going to be brutal sifting through the leftovers if they don't make adjustments.
Given a likely 6 waves(1 every 2 weeks til end of March) and the fact that Pro's are selling 6 times faster than they've been allotted, Pros will be gone before the end of 2nd wave.

The question then is, what will the 3rd wave plus people do. PASS or move up to a higher tier than they wanted. I think I'd jump from Pro to Lariat before getting gouged on low value XLT

Model
Ford announced Build PercentCurrent Actual
Pro 4.8%30.2%
XLT 18.5%4.7%
Lariat 57.8%60.5%
Platinum 18.7%4.7%
reserved a Rivian I am 11 at my dealership and ordered 19 may if I don’t get one or get stuck with an XLT/platinum I will push to next MY and whichever delivers first I will take

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Been waiting a Lariat myself but at 80k to get ER battery, that's just a bit much. Got alot of thinking to do on this since my time hasn't come yet. I certainly don't want to settle...but then again...

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Didn't aim to offend anyone with the last post over my comment on perhaps settling for the pro as it is a great value, just am forced to re-think my position after digesting the differences in prices for the trims...it's kinda dissapointing.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Am I missing @PungoteagueDave on this list? He said he reserved 8 hours prior to the live stream.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Am I missing @PungoteagueDave on this list? He said he reserved 8 hours prior to the live stream.
Maybe he is stuck in the endless loop of WTF utterances. Personally, as reveal night reservation holder, I am still hopeful, but if I have to wait 6-9 months for MY23, I'm ok with that. It's only a truck after all.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Maybe he is stuck in the endless loop of WTF utterances. Personally, as reveal night reservation holder, I am still hopeful, but if I have to wait 6-9 months for MY23, I'm ok with that. It's only a truck after all.
Ya, I know I can't get a $75k vehicle so either I'm going to wait and see what the 23 model holds as far as any changes or wait even longer to see how the Chevy shakes out. Or keep my current farm/tow vehicle and get the VW bus or maybe a mini Cooper se or maybe just nothing. I'm not in a huge hurry to get an $700-800 a month vehicle payment
Sponsored