• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
FWIW I'm almost sure that you will need to install a isolation circuit on your house of some sort (or maybe your power meter does that already) to keep the power from your truck from energizing the nearby lines in the event of an outage.

Don't want a utility work to be working on a downed line, not knowing your truck was providing juice. Same thing with people that have whole home generators...

I'm no electrician so maybe this is already done at the power meter(one way meter), but we have solar (two way meter) so a shutoff had to be installed to keep our system from backfeeding the grid in the event of an outage.
I'm not an electrician either but that's what I believe the transfer switch would do. Isolate house mains from grid and apply converted power from truck to house mains. There'd be some sort of sensing on the grid lines and some sort of hysteresis prior to reverting to grid power if reversion is an option.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ah, there goes another assumption that I made. I assumed that the 80A charger had a built in transfer switch to isolate the house from the grid during an outage. I also assumed that the power conversion from DC to AC would be done within that same unit. It sounds as if you're suggesting it's not and that it may be a separate unit that (may possibly be bundled with 80A charger?) does the conversion and or switching.
@shikataganai posted this in another thread:

Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior e3afvuyx0aml1ks-format-jpg-name-4096x4096-

Presumably, the second box is the inverter and switch. Also of note, the plug on the 80A station is the full CCS with the DC pins.

I don't know if it's clear whether the inverter/switch is included with the 80A station. I'm imagine the install isn't even if the hardware is.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
@shikataganai posted this in another thread:

e3afvuyx0aml1ks-format-jpg-name-4096x4096-jpg.jpg

Presumably, the second box is the inverter and switch. Also of note, the plug on the 80A station is the full CCS with the DC pins.

I don't know if it's clear whether the inverter/switch is included with the 80A station. I'm imagine the install isn't even if the hardware is.
I just really want the wiring diagram! We just ordered my wife a Mach-e GT that will arrive well in advance of my lightning. we need to set her up to charge at home, but I don't want to do all of the wiring twice!

If we don't get word before she gets her car (est. Feb or March 2022), I will just have the electrician run a 100A circuit with some extra coiled wire length and install a dryer outlet on it, but that isn't idea and would likely still need some rework.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I just really want the wiring diagram! We just ordered my wife a Mach-e GT that will arrive well in advance of my lightning. we need to set her up to charge at home, but I don't want to do all of the wiring twice!

If we don't get word before she gets her car (est. Feb or March 2022), I will just have the electrician run a 100A circuit with some extra coiled wire length and install a dryer outlet on it, but that isn't idea and would likely still need some rework.
Oh, congrats. I love both of the wheel options on the GT! And the bold color options.

Anyway, yeah, it would be really nice if you could just get the 80A one, now, so you just do everything once.

Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior lightningflagblackglow730-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Now would be a good time to get this confirmation in writing (email). Also that they will accept X-Plan.
They cannot promise x-plan yet. Ford allowed it for the Mach-E, but not the Bronco. Dealers don't know for sure about Lightning.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
They cannot promise x-plan yet. Ford allowed it for the Mach-E, but not the Bronco. Dealers don't know for sure about Lightning.
They can't promise it, but they can tell you that they will accept it, if available. They can also commit to no ADM.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
They can't promise it, but they can tell you that they will accept it, if available. They can also commit to no ADM.
Very true. Also to no add-ons. Or, as Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego puts it on their website, "no add-ons the customer has to pay for".

Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior kmf

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just checked with my dealership about x-plan. They said they don't know yet but if it follows Mach-E then they will. They will know by next summer.
If it comes out in spring, they'll know sooner.

Sponsored

Jamielee

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Social Worker
Does anyone know if the pro is going to have keyless entry? I looked at a work truck last weekend and to open the doors you had to use the actual key to open the door. This will be a problem for me as I will for sure lock the keys in the vehicle.

OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Does anyone know if the pro is going to have keyless entry? I looked at a work truck last weekend and to open the doors you had to use the actual key to open the door. This will be a problem for me as I will for sure lock the keys in the vehicle.
I believe, what is it called intelligent access or something like that, where you have the key fob on your body and you interact with the car handle to lock/ unlock, that's more than likely on a higher trim.

Though don't quote me on that, though I think that's the case; there are specs here on the forum somewhere.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keyless entry is not available on the Pro.
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior 1629544581716

But your "key" (fob) should stay in your pocket since you won't be using it to start the truck.
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior 1629544725900

I think the only time you will be actually handling the fob is when you you are opening the frunk or replacing the fob battery.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Keyless entry is not available on the Pro.
1629544581716.png

But your "key" (fob) should stay in your pocket since you won't be using it to start the truck.
1629544725900.png

I think the only time you will be actually handling the fob is when you you are opening the frunk or replacing the fob battery.
"Securicode" is the number pad on the outside of the door

I believe the question is if you get a standard keyfob remote or not. If you get a remote (which you should if all models have push button start) then do you also get sensor/buttons on the door handles so that you can unlock/lock the doors while leaving the fob in your pocket/bag.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
"Securicode" is the number pad on the outside of the door

I believe the question is if you get a standard keyfob remote or not. If you get a remote (which you should if all models have push button start) then do you also get sensor/buttons on the door handles so that you can unlock/lock the doors while leaving the fob in your pocket/bag.
I would imagine they follow their Mach E example. 1 FOB and Phone as a Key. PAAK is exactly what it sounds like, your phone is your key. You use the FordPass app and link your phone through the app to the vehicle. As long as you have the app open and carry your phone you get access to the vehicle. There is also a backup start code that you create in the event your phone dies or is lost. You also have the key pad on the door for entry.

My experience with PAAK has been fine, others have had issues that render it useless for them. For me and the wife, I'd say we are 99% issue free with it
Sponsored