• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I would imagine they follow their Mach E example. 1 FOB and Phone as a Key. PAAK is exactly what it sounds like, your phone is your key. You use the FordPass app and link your phone through the app to the vehicle. As long as you have the app open and carry your phone you get access to the vehicle. There is also a backup start code that you create in the event your phone dies or is lost. You also have the key pad on the door for entry.

My experience with PAAK has been fine, others have had issues that render it useless for them. For me and the wife, I'd say we are 99% issue free with it
No PAAK on Pro and XLT, and optional on Lariat:
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior 1629578988156

And as I said earlier, no keypad on Pro's door.
Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
I actually wouldn't mind if the Pro came with cloth seats optional, but I'd be fine with the vinyl seats and rubber floor. Makes the truck easier to clean. I can always put a cloth cover over the seats.

What is used to unlock your truck if the Pro and XLT doesn't have PAAK?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I actually wouldn't mind if the Pro came with cloth seats optional, but I'd be fine with the vinyl seats and rubber floor. Makes the truck easier to clean. I can always put a cloth cover over the seats.

What is used to unlock your truck if the Pro and XLT doesn't have PAAK?
I've been trying to figure it out and I think that all trim levels will get a standard remote fob with lock/unlock because even the pro has push button start. Looking over the spec sheets there is a line item for ' intelligent access ' which I believe to be where you can leave the key in your pocket and it locks and unlocks with a button/sensor on the door handle. It looks like this is optional on the XLT, not sure if it is available at all on the pro.
I love having the securicode keypad on my older ford vehicle as you don't have to have the key to get into the vehicle and it's almost a deal breaker for me on the pro trim but not sure it's worth the price going to the XLT.

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
Looks good, wish consumers could get the XR battery in the pro. If it was I could make a Pro with cloth work for me.
100% agree I want that extended range in the pro with cloth seats

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
On my Ford Transit I bought a Ford keypad from eBay for $65 and paired it with the car. I double sided taped it by the sliding door. I use that keypad all the time, more than the key, since I go in and out of the car to get stuff. Has Ford changed the keys or something so those keypads don't work?

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
line item for ' intelligent access ' which I believe to be where you can leave the key in your pocket and it locks and unlocks with a button/sensor on the door handle.
Not sure what the Ford version is like, but on my wife's Porsche touching the door handles works great. Works on all four door handles. On my VW (same company, remember) the sensor is psycho and only works on driver and passenger door. You'll lean on the car near the door and it will lock and unlock itself. Other times it simply refuses to unlock or lock at all. It gets worse if the car is wet.
Sponsored