• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I was thinking about it in terms of (1) Ford offers a goose on their Hybrid, so it's not going to be a new thing to offer it on the EV and (2) the chassis is still a ladder frame, so it's not as if they've gone to a unitary body chassis (which would never handle a gooseneck. So "all" they need is to change the dimensions to suit the new frame and offer some fortification to the rear suspension.
From a marketing perspective, I see huge upside in showing the Lightning with a modest gooseneck trailer (like a horse float.) It's a show of strength and a gauntlet thrown down to GM and RAM or to keep quiet about max towing …

I know a lot of affluent equestrians around here who tow their horses maybe 10 miles each way and would love to have a 9.6kW silent generator keeping the champagne chilled between rides … : )
Agreed.

I've talked to B&W Hitch and they said they haven't seen one so they aren't sure. I agree that it looks like a pretty straight forward install. If Ford will offer it from the factory I'd likely just simply go with that.

My wife camps in her trailer. So the ability to run items off of the truck would be a huge benefit for her. Also, if the campground has electric then it's a bonus as she could charge the truck before departure as well.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Does anyone know what the bed looks like in Pro? It looks like it is sprayed in this video but I can not tell for sure. Is that usually an option for work trucks?

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Pro Walkaround and Test Ride video 1630420404805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bikes
The 2023 delivery timeline for my position in line still has me in the strong maybe camp (from a major yes). But this Pro is really catching my eye. Throw in a Katskin leather kit (with seat heat) and you might just have the ideal around town truck. My ranch is 60 miles away and I can charge there as well. So this covers me for all my around town and to the ranch range. I'd need something else for the 3-5 trips we take a year, but nothing a used dino fuel truck couldn't cover (or keep the 190k tundra).

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Does anyone know what the bed looks like in Pro? It looks like it is sprayed in this video but I can not tell for sure. Is that usually an option for work trucks?

1630420404805.png
The bed is like any other 5.5' bed. Every picture shown, shows it has a Rhinoliner (otherwise known as a spray in bed liner). It has the outlets on the left rear, 2x120V (2.4kW option) or the 4x120 and 2x240 (9.6kW option)
Sponsored