• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Yeah, Ford corporate people have confirmed multiple times that the Pro will be available to retail customers (besides ER battery). I'm not sure if anyone has specifically said that it will be available to retail customers *at launch*, though, have they?

I think they're being tight-lipped about that for now.
If Ford doesn’t make the Pro available to retail at launch, they are going to have a huge number of pissed off customers who feel like they have been baited and switched.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Don't forget, in addition to not allowing the ER on the Pro available to retail customers, they are also possibly adding a surcharge to the pricing of the ER for fleet Pro customers. The ER upgrade on the Pro is rumored at $10,000, however it's only $7,000 on the XLT and higher trims.

Based on the interior picture posted I would also be interested to see how a Pro ER would price out compared to an XLT ER, but as a retail customer I guess it's moot. Vinyl seats don't bother me, especially since I'd put nice neoprene seat covers on it anyway. My guess is they won't let the Pro customers add a lot of the packages available to the XLT+ though.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If Ford doesn’t make the Pro available to retail at launch, they are going to have a huge number of pissed off customers who feel like they have been baited and switched.
I don't know if Ford would care if they upset people. As I recall, Tesla said the Model 3 started at a low price, but didn't make that model immediately available. That didn't hurt the Model 3 sales.

The high number of reservations is really a big marketing play as it drives interest and media attention. At $100 fully refundable, even the customers that do cancel won't hurt production and stock. I doubt readily available stock can be found on lots until late 2022, though, more likely 2023. Once all the early adopters get their trucks and make all their buddies envious, the demand would quickly ramp back up.

Chiefer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150, 2017 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Business Operations Support Manager
Exactly! Bench seat with a column shifter please.
I wonder why there is no bench seat offered. A cheaper regular cab with a 8 feet bed would be even more interesting.

Ack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4x4
Anybody else shudder when the guy started hosing out the frunk after carrying bags of concrete mix?

Sponsored

Jamielee

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Social Worker
Does anyone know if you choose a pro model are they allowing you to pick an exterior color of your choice, or do you have to take Oxford white?

OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Does anyone know if you choose a pro model are they allowing you to pick an exterior color of your choice, or do you have to take Oxford white?
I don't think I personally saw a restriction on color choice.

If one looks at many promo media with the Lightning, you can see that there are many colors used; Agate black, Iced blue silver, Oxford white, and Atlas blue (if my memory got those correct).

With the Bronco, this being a different vehicle, there are some colors offered, but not all of them.

Hopefully they don't restrict which colors we can choose from.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This looks pretty nice. I just got into the F-series and I know that aftermarket is big for these vehicles. I was planning/hoping on Pro Standard Range at X-plan pricing and EV rebate.

Are there any must have options that should be ordered with the truck for which there is no good aftermarket option? I am thinking mostly tech such as 360 camera etc. Don't care about autonomous driving.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
This looks pretty nice. I just got into the F-series and I know that aftermarket is big for these vehicles. I was planning/hoping on Pro Standard Range at X-plan pricing and EV rebate.

Are there any must have options that should be ordered with the truck for which there is no good aftermarket option? I am thinking mostly tech such as 360 camera etc. Don't care about autonomous driving.
I'd the tow package for the extra cooling system. What all that really includes hardware wise is unknown for now but that'd be my only must have option for a Pro model.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'd the tow package for the extra cooling system. What all that really includes hardware wise is unknown for now but that'd be my only must have option for a Pro model.
In addition to the towing package, I'm going to get the 9.6kW output option that adds the 240V connection in the bed, rather than just 120V options. That would probably be tough to add later if you wanted to power an RV or whatever.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
In addition to the towing package, I'm going to get the 9.6kW output option that adds the 240V connection in the bed, rather than just 120V options. That would probably be tough to add later if you wanted to power an RV or whatever.
?? great point

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Why does tow technology package say Onboard scales? I thought those were standard on all trims to help calculate the range.

Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡Lightning) A video of possible(?) Lightning Pro (XL) interior n

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Why does tow technology package say Onboard scales? I thought those were standard on all trims to help calculate the range.

n.jpg
Another point: From this list it sounds like you will have to get the extended battery Pack and the Max trailer tow package for the extra cooling to do anything useful. Without the extra battery, your towing remains at 7,700 Ib so you won't need cooling. And on Pro for general public, you can't get the Extended Range Battery so there is no point in getting the Max trailer tow package. Am I reading this right?

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Another point: From this list it sounds like you will have to get the extended battery Pack and the Max trailer tow package for the extra cooling to do anything useful. Without the extra battery, your towing remains at 7,700 Ib so you won't need cooling. And on Pro for general public, you can't get the Extended Range Battery so there is no point in getting the Max trailer tow package. Am I reading this right?
yup, that's how i am reading it. I was just planning to get the tech package for the cameras and Pro power.....and with X-play, may be keep it at 40K.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
yup, that's how i am reading it. I was just planning to get the tech package for the cameras and Pro power.....and with X-play, may be keep it at 40K.
How much are you expecting to save with xplan?

I'm trying to decide what hoops to go though to get it
Sponsored