First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
MSRP is a fictional number. It is the true net cost to the dealer that counts and this needs to reflect discounts and rebates and incentives from the factory.
What do you mean by fictional? Its literally on the window sticker....
Sponsored

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
Ford dealers aren't the only ones... many years ago I bought a BMW X5 and there was only 1 dealer in my city (remote state and they owned both 'outlets') and I happened to be traveling....

Found the interstate dealer to be discounting off MSRP when (I hadn't realized) my local dealer inflated 10% above MSRP and provided their 'own' price list on advertisements and vehicle stickers...

The local dealer did the old 'take it for a test drive' then sit down in a chair opposite the salesman where we sat in lower chairs than he did while he did the hard sell.

I happened to be interstate and walked into another dealership where the (older) salesman said after chatting at length "give me a copy of your licence, here's the keys, bring it back when you're ready". I got back and he gave me a price that saved me approx $25k. No hard sell, no inflated prices and no games. I bought another 9 BMW's off of that guy over the years as they were just like Granger....

Each time it was cheaper to fly in, take delivery, have a weekend of fun, fly home and they would freight it to me all in the cost.....

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
And these thieves wonder why they can sell any vehicles

DannyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Bronco Sport
How about this one? My dealer found my truck on a Tx dealer lot. Besides the national package discounts, there’s a $1,000 TX Regional Lariat Discount 501A! Even has a zip code disclaimer! I’m in La. When my La dealer got the transfer, the discount disappeared on his invoice! Luckily we’d already agreed on a price.

Ford F-150 ‘The MSRP isn’t the MSRP in our region.’ IMG_1173

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bull Shite with a little Horse Shite thrown in, find another dealer!

Sponsored

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat 502A BAP PB - In Production
Occupation
IT Project Manager
How about this one? My dealer found my truck on a Tx dealer lot. Besides the national package discounts, there’s a $1,000 TX Regional Lariat Discount 501A! Even has a zip code disclaimer! I’m in La. When my La dealer got the transfer, the discount disappeared on his invoice! Luckily we’d already agreed on a price.

IMG_1173.jpeg
There are regional discounts, but the MSRP is the MSRP, regardless of location.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
What insane BS. When I custom ordered my 22 PB at a time where zero discounts were being given and huge dealer adjustments were everywhere, my local dealer told me I wouldn’t pay a penny over MSRP (because I work for the city blah blah). Fast forward to delivery date, they added fords $1000 “sorry for waiting” discount to the MSRP, then subtracted it. So the $63k truck was changed to $64k, then brought back down to $63k for me as a “favor”. They also detailed and coated the truck with “cilajet” when I specifically told them not to, and tried charging $700 or so. I refused to pay that.
Huntington Beach Ford for anyone wondering.
Homie, Granger is right here on this very forum.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Homie, Granger is right here on this very forum.
Thanks homie. Bought the truck before I joined the forum or considered purchasing out of state. Next time

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I had Granger's quote and NO ONE in Florida would come anywhere close plus very high dealer fees..My favorite so far is a Texas dealer video encouraging you to buy a XL to save money.. Right when they panned the camera to the window sticker if you paused it was a $2,350.00 bump sticker on a Regular Cab XL short bed. I know it's not funny but..

OP
OP

Etl330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It’s really pathetic. Ford doesn’t give a crap how their dealers behave.

Sponsored

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
Many dealers I contacted in NJ, NY & CT with Granger’s quote thought I made it up with a fake quote back in late 2022. They were all asking at least $3,000-5000 over msrp + some dealer installed options. So I flew from NJ to Granger then drove mine back home 18hr straight with one rest stop. Saved about 10k and my local dealer still doesn’t believe what I paid for mine.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Many dealers I contacted in NJ, NY & CT with Granger’s quote thought I made it up with a fake quote back in late 2022. They were all asking at least $3,000-5000 over msrp + some dealer installed options. So I flew from NJ to Granger then drove mine back home 18hr straight with one stop rest. Saved about 10k and my local dealer still doesn’t believe what I paied for mine.
Finding out about Granger in the beginning of 2022 is what helped me pull the trigger on my 2022 Lariat PB. If I did not find them, and had to depend on local dealers, I would probably still be driving my 2009 Tacoma. I could pay cash for any F-150 but it is the principle of the deal. Only one of the local guys (Haley Ford) outside of Richmond VA, was a good dealership to deal with, but even they said they could not move off of MSRP, even for an order. They acknowledged I was offered a great deal from Granger.

All the others told me it was a scam and I would be a fool not to buy an MSRP truck from them. But since they like me they will not charge me more than MSRP.

$1000 down payment wired to Granger and after 11 months a 1100+ mile drive home. Best experience I ever had buying a new vehicle and I used to drive 35 - 40k miles a year so I bought new cars on a regular basis.

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
Two comments.

1. Next time I buy a vehicle I'm going with @Granger Ford. Bought three ESPs from them and when I have had to call them the dealership people have been superb. Add in the overwhelmingly positive comments here on the forum, to me, it's a no-brainer. (Btw, their recent post about ESP and inflation was useful.)

2. If we're going to name dealerships, allow me to add the Koons Ford Wahington DC syndicate. Not necessarily snakey, but certainly sneaky. Their sales approach is very aggressive which could be good, but they also try to intimidate (and pull things over on the buyer and push (hard) for products the buyer doesn't want) which isn't (good or helpful). (Straight out of Kurt Russell's "Used Cars." You'd think that approach was dead and buried, but alas, no.) Despite their claims to having the best prices in the DC area, I found that that's only true if you're limiting your search to DC and it's immediate suburbs. I went elsewhere, got a better price, and didn't feel like I was under the police interrogation spotlight when signing the purchase agreement.

Deleted member 15247

Here’s a new one! Dealer is advertising pre-package discount as MSRP to make it appear that they’re offering a bigger discount than they are, so I call them out on it. Rep responds that MSRP varies by region and their trucks don’t get the factory package discounts. LOL.

IMG_8801.png

IMG_8798.png
In regard to this type of dealer BS, I think I mentioned this before in another thread but I’d like to get together a forum member “blacklist” from all over the United States of all the shady and dirty scumbag dealers, by name and location, as well as the ones that are stand-up and honest. I would love to see the shitty dealers, at least some of them lose enough business they either change their business practices or are forced to close their doors. Why not call out the garbage and promote the dealers that do it right. Gotta be a few attorneys here that could chime in and advise if this is doable or would entice a civil action.

HDHB

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Tremor
What insane BS. When I custom ordered my 22 PB at a time where zero discounts were being given and huge dealer adjustments were everywhere, my local dealer told me I wouldn’t pay a penny over MSRP (because I work for the city blah blah). Fast forward to delivery date, they added fords $1000 “sorry for waiting” discount to the MSRP, then subtracted it. So the $63k truck was changed to $64k, then brought back down to $63k for me as a “favor”. They also detailed and coated the truck with “cilajet” when I specifically told them not to, and tried charging $700 or so. I refused to pay that.
Huntington Beach Ford for anyone wondering.
Huntington Beach Ford. The worst!
Sponsored