Sales

MattM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4
I have a Lariat ordered but forced to wait like the rest of the country for the Halloween delivery date! 10/31/21 I have been searching for any 2021 F150 Powerboost. I have found a few but when getting the price of the truck the dealers are charging $5000 over invoice. Yesterday I found a perfect truck. Another dealer wanted $10,000 over MSRP. The manager said there is no negotiating on 2021 F150's. When I said that's crazy they simply said thank you for coming and walked away. Its discussing what has happened to the market.

Make sure you always ask if they are charging over MSRP before you even take that drive.
+10K in the Seattle area. You would be pretty desperate to pay that.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I just placed my order with Tom at Chapman. Same pricing as Chip at Grainger, but PA is going to be easier logistics since we have family in VA & MD. Highly recommend anyone else who is getting gouged locally look at these two options.

Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I just placed my order with Tom at Chapman. Same pricing as Chip at Grainger, but PA is going to be easier logistics since we have family in VA & MD. Highly recommend anyone else who is getting gouged locally look at these two options.

Just ordered mine I emailed him a week ago in the middle of the night got back to by 9am on four builds . I emailed him an a order 1pm and @ 1:54 in the am he emailed me back the order sheet . From his vacation now thats someone who want your business . Will update as things go forward

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Try to get X-Plan pricing and document in hand.
@discothan -

Unfortunately, Ford stopped honoring new X-Plan purchases ~8 weeks ago. I know because I spoke with several dealerships in several states, as I went searching for a Powerboost in the Trim and color I wanted. In early June, Ford also stopped honoring PCO’s and other discounts. Ford will honor X-Plan orders already in progress however.

Anecdotally, I finally found the truck I wanted in late May (800 miles from my home). I paid $1,500 over MSRP but the dealership was able to find me an off-setting PCO right before it expired.

Hopefully all of these chip-shortage problems will end soon and the consumer will get pricing power back.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
@discothan -

Unfortunately, Ford stopped honoring new X-Plan purchases ~8 weeks ago. I know because I spoke with several dealerships in several states, as I went searching for a Powerboost in the Trim and color I wanted. In early June, Ford also stopped honoring PCO’s and other discounts. Ford will honor X-Plan orders already in progress however.

Anecdotally, I finally found the truck I wanted in late May (800 miles from my home). I paid $1,500 over MSRP but the dealership was able to find me an off-setting PCO right before it expired.

Hopefully all of these chip-shortage problems will end soon and the consumer will get pricing power back.
When I ordered a week ago, I also had a dealer willing to do x-plan, but went with Tom at Chapman since it was better.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I went to my dealer yesterday to get a bid on my '03 that I'll be selling once my '21 comes in. He had a space white Lariat and blue XLT on his lot. I asked him if they were priced over sticker. He said yes because other dealers will give him sticker for them and resell them. He said they are trying not to be too greedy; basically selling them at full retail so no discounts on any packaged options. He won't sell them to another dealer because he wants his sales people to get any commissions they can during this dry spell.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I went to my dealer yesterday to get a bid on my '03 that I'll be selling once my '21 comes in. He had a space white Lariat and blue XLT on his lot. I asked him if they were priced over sticker. He said yes because other dealers will give him sticker for them and resell them. He said they are trying not to be too greedy; basically selling them at full retail so no discounts on any packaged options. He won't sell them to another dealer because he wants his sales people to get any commissions they can during this dry spell.
They will sell them for what the market will dictate. With limited supply, it is understandable what is happening. It's never personal, just economics. On the other hand, as consumers, we have to do what's best for us. So when dealers come along like Grainger and Chapman, they are definitely moving more volume with out of state buyers. Anyone who can afford to buy a truck can afford to make the flight and take advantage of what their offering. Does it suck no current PCOs or other incentives, yes/absolutely, but this is a global issue, not just a Ford issue. If that additional 3k incentive is that important, then delaying one's purchase until 2022 is an option for those who feel that way. But with better than x-plan being offered right now with these two, it is an easy decision to not buy local and make a trip out of it. I will concur that everyone has different life situations, so ymmv and this may not apply to everyone.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
They will sell them for what the market will dictate. With limited supply, it is understandable what is happening. It's never personal, just economics. On the other hand, as consumers, we have to do what's best for us. So when dealers come along like Grainger and Chapman, they are definitely moving more volume with out of state buyers. Anyone who can afford to buy a truck can afford to make the flight and take advantage of what their offering. Does it suck no current PCOs or other incentives, yes/absolutely, but this is a global issue, not just a Ford issue. If that additional 3k incentive is that important, then delaying one's purchase until 2022 is an option for those who feel that way. But with better than x-plan being offered right now with these two, it is an easy decision to not buy local and make a trip out of it. I will concur that everyone has different life situations, so ymmv and this may not apply to everyone.
Yep, at the end of the day, the consumer controls the price. They can't sell 'em over MSRP if no one will buy them over MSRP.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
It was a numbers game for me. Plan X vs MSRP was ~5k. I got well over that in the trade-in 'market premiums.' I would have never paid MSPR before, but I would have also not got that much on trade-in or even private party. To me, it makes the mark-up a wash.

These vehicles are deprecating assets, this is probably a once in a lifetime event. I feel bad for the people who "need" to make the move and will be left holding the bag.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
It was a numbers game for me. Plan X vs MSRP was ~5k. I got well over that in the trade-in 'market premiums.' I would have never paid MSPR before, but I would have also not got that much on trade-in or even private party. To me, it makes the mark-up a wash.

These vehicles are deprecating assets, this is probably a once in a lifetime event. I feel bad for the people who "need" to make the move and will be left holding the bag.
Yeah, I was lucky and took advantage of both. My builds were xplan and an additional $3700 off of each. I was able to sell my kid's trucks for $4000 more than they were worth when this started and my truck for more than I paid for it new in 2016. By waiting and the market skyrocketing on used trucks, I ended up with a really sweet deal by having to wait a few months so I'll take it.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I received a PCO from Ford on Tuesday for $2,500. Does that mean they will honor it since I just got it or did this offer slip through the cracks??

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Down here in Miami it’s $10000 over MSRP. If you say can you come down, they say no and thank you for coming and walk away!!! Very rude. It’s happened at a couple of dealers. Even my dealer where I bought my last 4 trucks. Very disappointing that they have no loyalty.
Remember that when the economy takes another hit (because it's coming for sure) and they're begging for people to buy vehicles. Go rub it in their faces then and then give them a big ?? before you walk out. ??

Join the Mustang Club of America (around $50) and after a short waiting period you can get an XPlan pin. I did it but they won’t honor XPlan for the Gen6 Bronco sadly. Hood luck!
You need to find yourself a better dealer
Sponsored