Sponsored

Window Sticker MSRP

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just received my window sticker and the MSRP for my platinum 701A is almost 2k more than my build sheet. My dealer promised to give me the pricing when I ordered claiming I would get MSRP, but the MSRP on the sheet is higher? Anyone know why this is?
Sponsored

flat6jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches, F150s
Ford raised prices. When I ordered my F150 Lariat 501A the 2022 pricing was not out yet. From the 2021 build sheet to my 2022 window sticker I got stuck with about $850 price increase. You can thank Joe. I empathize.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Did you get the pricing when you ordered? Ford is supposed to honor the price for when you completed your order. My understanding is a price adjustment is done on the back end with the dealer and does not show on the window sticker.

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 W/BAP
My dealer said I am price protected and even though sticker is higher than order sheet, my price is protected.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
The most recent 2022 model year MSRP increases were effective on 12/27/2021 and 2/15/2022.

See the attached, paying particular attention to read the section "PRICE PROTECTION" in each notice to dealers. If your order was confirmed by Ford (you received the order confirmation email from Ford) before the referenced cutoff date it is considered "received by Ford Motor Company" and subject to the referenced price protection to you as the person named on that order.

As already mentioned, the adjustment between the Monroney (window) sticker MSRP and your confirmed price (along with adjustment of the price the dealer is actually invoiced) is handled between Ford and the dealer, 'invisible' to you.

If you the person named on the confirmed order do not follow-through on purchase of the vehicle, all price protection is 'off' and the dealer will be invoiced at the current price by Ford, making the Monroney sticker you see valid and applicable to any other purchaser (thus Monroney stickers always reflect the MSRP in effect at the time of production to cover that contingency).

Congrats on getting your sticker - that means your build is finally imminent!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
My dealer told me AND WROTE on my order sheet that the price might change. Even though it took EIGHT MONTHS to get my truck... and they every opportunity to raise the price, they didn't.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Just received my window sticker and the MSRP for my platinum 701A is almost 2k more than my build sheet. My dealer promised to give me the pricing when I ordered claiming I would get MSRP, but the MSRP on the sheet is higher? Anyone know why this is?
Just keep all your paperwork and bring it when you pick up the vehicle. They should honor whatever price was agreed upon originally

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Just keep all your paperwork and bring it when you pick up the vehicle. They should honor whatever price was agreed upon originally
Granger honored the price when the order was submitted for my truck. Any reputable dealer should do the same. The dealer will pay their price with Ford at the time of the order, too.

My sticker went up around $1500 after my order submittal, BTW.
Sponsored