Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
3% below invoice with Chapman Ford in Lancaster PA. I ordered through them two weeks ago after getting Tom's info from this forum. I do believe the order window for 2021 is closed though.
Yes it is closed. I’m still looking.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Same here. I collect Limited Edition novels of the sci-fi IP: Warhammer 40k (over 100 books across the IP). And its the same story.Books go live; sell out in 10 minutes and you see them in Ebay for 100%+ mark ups immediately after.

Concert tickets of course like you mentioned.

Gun stuff, you always see old farts buying up CMP M1s and selling them for 2x the price in the local gun show. People buying up ammo dry and selling them at insane prices during the shortage. Buying cool limited production stuff (KAC, LMT specifically) and gouging prices... its ridiculous. I HATE them.
Ahh, Gun stuff!! You’re right on about that! Don’t even get me started!!

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
My local dealer has $3k mark up on every F150, and $6K on every Super Duty. $1000 on Bronco Sports, and like $10,000 on the one GT500 they got.
Down here in Miami it’s $10000 over MSRP. If you say can you come down, they say no and thank you for coming and walk away!!! Very rude. It’s happened at a couple of dealers. Even my dealer where I bought my last 4 trucks. Very disappointing that they have no loyalty.

Neuby77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 f150, 2003 cobra
Manley Motors in Belvidere Il is accepting X-plans on builds. They’ll actually go below msrp without an X-plan. Small town dealership that’s not raping the consumer.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
This bubble will eventually “pop” in due time. The best thing we can do is hold the line together and not give in to paying these exaggerated prices.
My price should be locked in, but if the dealer decides to ask for markup because circumstances have changed, that’s fine. I will tell them that if they think they can get that to go for it. I would like to place a new order and they can further reduce the price by half of the additional markup they put on mine… seems fair enough.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
My price should be locked in, but if the dealer decides to ask for markup because circumstances have changed, that’s fine. I will tell them that if they think they can get that to go for it. I would like to place a new order and they can further reduce the price by half of the additional markup they put on mine… seems fair enough.
did the sales manager sign the order slip?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
did the sales manager sign the order slip?
Yep, l should be all locked in…. But prepared for how I will respond if they decide to not honor it.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Hopefully not an issue for you. Mine was locked in too. The Max Tow package went from $1395 to $1995 while I was waiting on delivery and it was a non issue. As long as you have the price in writing on your paperwork/invoice.

Rustifer

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford F-150, 1996 Ford F-250
Occupation
Sales manager
I have a Lariat ordered but forced to wait like the rest of the country for the Halloween delivery date! 10/31/21 I have been searching for any 2021 F150 Powerboost. I have found a few but when getting the price of the truck the dealers are charging $5000 over invoice. Yesterday I found a perfect truck. Another dealer wanted $10,000 over MSRP. The manager said there is no negotiating on 2021 F150's. When I said that's crazy they simply said thank you for coming and walked away. Its discussing what has happened to the market.

Make sure you always ask if they are charging over MSRP before you even take that drive.
I'm a dealer in Rexburg Idaho. I've pretty much ran out of inventory because I'm still discounting my vehicles. I don't want customers to come back a couple years later, after the market has evened out, and have them upset that their trade isn't worth quite what they still owe on it.

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
I was fortunate my local dealer honored Xplan. I was told I was the last one in the finance office. Good luck out there

Sponsored

davek22554

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This is a temp situation where they have acres of trucks waiting for chips. Then once they get the chips then they will have a backlog because the freight industry has a severe shortage of drivers. By the time all that gets straightened out they will have a lot of excess inventory of 2021s and the 2022s will be out and they will likely have to either cut 2022 production or mark down the 2021s.

I just upgraded to a 250 Lariat and same thing here in No Va. If a dealer had one, which most didn't they wanted 5-7500 above MSRP. Dealers were also not trading with other dealers so you essentially had to call all the dealers to find one who had what you wanted. I even had one dealer tell me he couldn't get a dealer swap from another dealer within their own dealer group. I ended up finding one in OH and travelled to pick it up.

moya7

First Name
Momo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i, 2022 Bronco BaseSquatch on order
A plan is employees, Z is retired employees. X is for a handful of groups/clubs/memberships/etc that Ford partners with to allow purchases for a lower price. It's not as good as A/Z plan but still a good deal. There are a LOT of ways to qualify for it, you can look it up. Some are pretty easy.
Join the Mustang Club of America (around $50) and after a short waiting period you can get an XPlan pin. I did it but they won’t honor XPlan for the Gen6 Bronco sadly. Hood luck!

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma. Shopping for a f150. Work truck f350
Occupation
Carpenter
Or you could order from one of the two dealers that post on this forum for 3% below invoice if you're willing to drive to pickup or have it shipped to you.
I’ll do that and who are the two dealers

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
3% below invoice with Chapman Ford in Lancaster PA. I ordered through them two weeks ago after getting Tom's info from this forum. I do believe the order window for 2021 is closed though.
Just contacted the dealer to see if I could order haven’t heard back.

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
I called the Iowa dealer today and they said they are no longer taking orders on 2021 F-150s. Who is the other dealer who is willing to play?

My local stores will only sell at MSRP for orders and 5k over for on the lot inventory.
Which Iowa dealer
Sponsored