Dealers charging over MSRP!

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I have a Lariat ordered but forced to wait like the rest of the country for the Halloween delivery date! 10/31/21 I have been searching for any 2021 F150 Powerboost. I have found a few but when getting the price of the truck the dealers are charging $5000 over invoice. Yesterday I found a perfect truck. Another dealer wanted $10,000 over MSRP. The manager said there is no negotiating on 2021 F150's. When I said that's crazy they simply said thank you for coming and walked away. Its discussing what has happened to the market.

Make sure you always ask if they are charging over MSRP before you even take that drive.
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Yep it’s ridiculous. If you search on auto trader there is a used platinum for $90k

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I have a Lariat ordered but forced to wait like the rest of the country for the Halloween delivery date! 10/31/21 I have been searching for any 2021 F150 Powerboost. I have found a few but when getting the price of the truck the dealers are charging $5000 over invoice. Yesterday I found a perfect truck. Another dealer wanted $10,000 over MSRP. The manager said there is no negotiating on 2021 F150's. When I said that's crazy they simply said thank you for coming and walked away. Its discussing what has happened to the market.

Make sure you always ask if they are charging over MSRP before you even take that drive.
Try to get X-Plan pricing and document in hand.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Not Ford but a friend of mine went to Toyota with a mailer offer for a vehicle he wanted. He called to confirm then made the drive out there. When he got there, there was no additional markup sticker but then at the last minute they said they would not honor that and wanted 10k over msrp. Not only did he walk but he has probably told 100 people through our service club about his experience there and has vowed to never return.

I understand it in this market but dealers need to be really clear and up front about it. I for one will never pay ADM and will just wait for a better market. If they are clear about that and I know up front its fine, I will just come later… if they try to bait and switch customers like they did my friend they will loose more customers than just that one.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Yes, these are flying off the lots. When I picked my truck up on Friday there were 5 available from dealer stock. Checked this morning and there are only 2 in stock .

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
That’s why I used X plan for the first time ever.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I just checked Autotrader for the heck of it, of the 13 used '21s within 50 miles of me, I did already find one priced above the original sticker price.

Here's the listing ($69,610) and here's the window sticker ($68,110 MSRP). Crazy

Thought it was odd almost all the used ones in my area all have Canadian window stickers, must have all been purchase by some group and quickly sold for some reason. Seems very strange for at least 6 or 7 of the 13 used trucks near me to have all come from Canada being so new.

Haven't tried looking for new ones over MSRP yet, shows 252 of them within a 50 mile radius.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Isn't the x plan for employees?
A plan is employees, Z is retired employees. X is for a handful of groups/clubs/memberships/etc that Ford partners with to allow purchases for a lower price. It's not as good as A/Z plan but still a good deal. There are a LOT of ways to qualify for it, you can look it up. Some are pretty easy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Yep it’s ridiculous. If you search on auto trader there is a used platinum for $90k
This is for sure a sellers market! My 2018 would get a great price on the trader.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
A plan is employees, Z is retired employees. X is for a handful of groups/clubs/memberships/etc that Ford partners with to allow purchases for a lower price. It's not as good as A/Z plan but still a good deal. There are a LOT of ways to qualify for it, you can look it up. Some are pretty easy.
All the dealers around me have said they are suspending partner plans until further notice....

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I’m wishing I lived in Detroit. I’m in Miami
Sponsored