Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Hi there - it's a 2019 Imagine 2400BH. My truck is the 2.7EB and tows it great with WDH. I did add the RAS helpers to the rear leaf springs. Sits pretty much dead level when loaded. Love the truck and the camper!
One more off topic question....did you find that the RAS made a big difference in handling and overall driving dynamics, or did they really just help with rear sag? Debating on whether or not to spend the money. My WDH hitch does a pretty good job with rear sag, but looking for a bit more comfort and stability while driving with my travel trailer attached.
Sponsored

apex32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150
One more off topic question....did you find that the RAS made a big difference in handling and overall driving dynamics, or did they really just help with rear sag? Debating on whether or not to spend the money. My WDH hitch does a pretty good job with rear sag, but looking for a bit more comfort and stability while driving with my travel trailer attached.
I have been asked this a few times and wish I had a good answer. The truth is after we signed on our 2400bh I ordered the RAS and WDH and I installed the RAS before ever towing with this new truck. So I can’t compare before and after. However I will say with the HD kit at 1mm setting, the wife pointed out we have a “butt lift”, but it’s dead nuts level when loaded with the trailer. My guess is it makes a difference but how much I’m not sure and can’t say if it was worth it but the truck tows great so no regrets here. The facebook guys say it helps a lot in the areas you mentioned, though.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I have been asked this a few times and wish I had a good answer. The truth is after we signed on our 2400bh I ordered the RAS and WDH and I installed the RAS before ever towing with this new truck. So I can’t compare before and after. However I will say with the HD kit at 1mm setting, the wife pointed out we have a “butt lift”, but it’s dead nuts level when loaded with the trailer. My guess is it makes a difference but how much I’m not sure and can’t say if it was worth it but the truck tows great so no regrets here. The facebook guys say it helps a lot in the areas you mentioned, though.
Thanks!

apex32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150
..... when you enable everything in Forscan, does it also allow you to view the TT camera while driving and cycle through them? Or are you still locked out? I'd like to use it for lane changes also if possible. Sorry if I missed this in the thread.

Thanks!
I think that depends on what version level your APIM module is at. If you have everything upgraded to the latest version then you can use the camera while driving. If you have an older version then it might work or it might not.
Does anyone have any more info on this or a way to look into it? I would love to know before I tackle the wiring harness and buy the super duty camera/tpms kit.

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Does anyone have any more info on this or a way to look into it? I would love to know before I tackle the wiring harness and buy the super duty camera/tpms kit.
Once BlueCruise came alive last week, I can now view the truck bed or the hitch at any speed.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_6557

Sponsored

apex32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150
Once BlueCruise came alive last week, I can now view the truck bed or the hitch at any speed.

IMG_6557.jpeg
Very cool, I have no idea what bluecruise is, but is that an OTA update? I'd assume that also would allow you to open the backup cam on the TT.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Very cool, I have no idea what bluecruise is, but is that an OTA update? I'd assume that also would allow you to open the backup cam on the TT.
Blue Cruise is Ford’s autopilot system. It appears that the rear camera improvements were bundled into that same release.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
So I’ve had my 2021 F150 for over a year now. Literally every month or two I Google to see if there has been any progress on the trailer camera and the TPMS sensor. I had figured for some time that we would need a wire harness because my truck only has two wires. Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to provide the wire harness for free?

The reason I think some of us may be entitled to it is I was told at the time I bought my truck that my F150 could do these things. There were YouTube promotional video showing the functionality and I left a 2020 Silverado that had things like trailer TPMS sensor.

I think it’s ridiculous they advertised at the 2021 trucks could do this if you bought the camera when in actuality you have to buy a lot more stuff.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
So I’ve had my 2021 F150 for over a year now. Literally every month or two I Google to see if there has been any progress on the trailer camera and the TPMS sensor. I had figured for some time that we would need a wire harness because my truck only has two wires. Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to provide the wire harness for free?

The reason I think some of us may be entitled to it is I was told at the time I bought my truck that my F150 could do these things. There were YouTube promotional video showing the functionality and I left a 2020 Silverado that had things like trailer TPMS sensor.

I think it’s ridiculous they advertised at the 2021 trucks could do this if you bought the camera when in actuality you have to buy a lot more stuff.
I agree the harness sould have been provided by Ford but I can not even fathom the conversation I would have to go through with my dealer to get that done. I ended up using ford pass points for my harnes so technically I did get it for free.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I agree the harness sould have been provided by Ford but I can not even fathom the conversation I would have to go through with my dealer to get that done. I ended up using ford pass points for my harnes so technically I did get it for free.

Yeah I agree… right now I don’t even have a camper so I guess I’ll let it go for now.

They are benefiting from the fact not many two very often with our vehicles, and those that do, are used to paying through the nose for everything.

Sponsored

Bruce B

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch, F-150, 5.0 in Rapid Red
OK,
I have a brand new F-150 2022 King Ranch built in late March 2022 that has not got 360 cameras or the Tow Technology Package 53A, Max Trailer Tow Package 53C or the 360 Camera Package 763.
Does anyone know if I can assemble the pieces and add all of this in order to get the TPMS and Trailer Camera option?
I can live without all of this but I would consider adding it if I could…

Slicks.Spurred

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 - Lariat - 300A - PowerBoost - SuperCrew 4x4
I had been debating doing all this before I got my truck. I decided that I would go out on a few trips with my trailer before I decided to mess with all this; incase what I had was good enough. I've decided to take the plunge.

I have a Job 2 (I think; April 6 build date) 22 Lariat. I have the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and Max Trailer Tow Package. I see the Aux camera and have the TPMS options in my instrument cluster and Sync 4 screens. These seem good.

I have noticed though that you all seem to have a 12 pin below your 7 pin. I do not (see picture).

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? bumper

Does this mean that I am SOL? Or do I just need to find the part number for the 7 Pin/12 Pin adapter?

I also seem to have another thing, on the right of my license plate, I have labeled "What?" in the image above.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? removed

Here it is even removed from the bumper. Is this related to all this 12 pin stuff or is this just a red-herring?

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Once I get a chance to look and what pins the wire harness goes to, I think that will offer some clarity to the 2 pin configuration.

I don’t necessarily believe this is power and ground. Unless your saying to me that yaw rate feed and yaw rate return are just another name for power and ground. And maybe that is all it is, because I really don’t know that much about that sensor. Does this little tiny sensor work wirelessly somehow? Doesn’t make sense to me.

My issue is that the wire on the truck side is color coded to the same color code as yaw rate feed and yaw rate return. I just don’t think ford would just say “hey keep those same wires in the same spot with the same color but plug them into power”.

I guess anything is possible. Even if they were hooked to power and ground, what the heck would you connect to what appear to be a 24 gauge wire. Nothing with any possible current draw.

I will say that my theory is the 2 pin is yaw sensor only, simply a carryover from job 1 to job 2 2022, and fully populated would be for tpms/camera/yaw. That at least makes sense. Even if they get the wrong harness installed, I would be very surprised that they would use more than one 2 pin harness that has 2 different purposes.

I know you all just want me to crawl under my truck in the snow and pull the connector right? Lol

Ok finally getting back to this. What I do know about my truck. One, it came with stickers. Two, it came with the additional 12-way plug under the 7-way, and a 7-way to 4-way conversion plug. Three, it did not come with the yaw sensor. Last, the 12-way plug on the truck is not fully populated, only 2 wires.

I finally went to get my trailer this weekend, and I brought the yaw sensor I bought on ebay to see if it would work. Mounted it, plugged it into the truck, pushed the button on the dash and it went right into calibration mode. Drive straight, turn left or right, done, calibrated. I played with the backup in the parking lot a little, I guess should have been more to see if it will stop the truck short of jackknifing, so I'll have to do that another time.

But it did work without issue, first time out.

Next step is to find the other harness for tpms and the tpms receiver, and sensors. When looking on ebay it looks like you can buy the sensors real cheap sometimes, and they look exactly like the tpms kit sensors, but not sure if they work.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I had been debating doing all this before I got my truck. I decided that I would go out on a few trips with my trailer before I decided to mess with all this; incase what I had was good enough. I've decided to take the plunge.

I have a Job 2 (I think; April 6 build date) 22 Lariat. I have the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and Max Trailer Tow Package. I see the Aux camera and have the TPMS options in my instrument cluster and Sync 4 screens. These seem good.

I have noticed though that you all seem to have a 12 pin below your 7 pin. I do not (see picture).

bumper.jpg

Does this mean that I am SOL? Or do I just need to find the part number for the 7 Pin/12 Pin adapter?

I also seem to have another thing, on the right of my license plate, I have labeled "What?" in the image above.

removed.jpg

Here it is even removed from the bumper. Is this related to all this 12 pin stuff or is this just a red-herring?
This last picture is how you get the "hole" open so you can lower the spare tire.

The other picture shows that you do not have the 12-way, and it has a 4-way there instead. I wonder if trailer TPMS would somehow still work with your truck, when there would be no way to connect the receiver. Unless the receiver is just a repeater?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
That's the 'port' for inserting a crank to lower your spare tire - look in the owner's manual section about fixing a flat for explanation.

For the Trailer TPMS/cam situation - it seems our later 2022's are fully 'programmed' and ready on the modules / display side of things (thus you see them in your displays as mentioned), but we will need to add / replace the 'truck-side' harness between a connector above the spare tire and the bumper connector in order to 'complete the circuits' for the 12-pin segment of the 7/12 pin connector which is included with the accessory trailer-side TPMS/cam kits.

That 'truck-side' harness, which includes connections to other bumper sensors, is discussed earlier in this thread and is not included with the Trailer-side TPMS/cam kits.

To summarize:
  1. Are dashboard displays showing trailer TPMS and Aux Cam options? If 'yes', ready to go to step 2, no programming required
  2. Do you have a 7/4 pin bumper connector? If 'yes', a separate replacement truck-side harness is required to proceed with step 3
  3. Buy the accessory kit with Trailer TPMS and /or Trailer Cam; it will include the required replacement bumper connector with 7/12 pins
Sponsored

Last edited: