First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GLK350, MAZDA 3, SportTreck ST251VBH
Occupation
Physiotherapist
I believe it was: LC3Z1A189A , but have your Parts guy verify. There is a different part number if you don't want to ever use the YAW sensor (the difference is my cable had 3 downstream connectors, one for YAW, one for TPMS repeater, one for Trailer Cam). The other PN just has 2 (no YAW connector).

The only cam that shows up in the small right "card" view is the Bed Cam, no matter whether stopped or moving. All the other cam views use the bigger screen size.
my 2022 has the 360 cam and trailer package, but the 7 and 4 pin connections. I was told by ford service that the trailer cam was only compatible with super duty. We’ll I’m super confused by this, as I have the trailer tpms display under towing info like you but without the numbers, and I can select the aux cam, on the touch screen, even though it’s all blue.
Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
my 2022 has the 360 cam and trailer package, but the 7 and 4 pin connections. I was told by ford service that the trailer cam was only compatible with super duty. We’ll I’m super confused by this, as I have the trailer tpms display under towing info like you but without the numbers, and I can select the aux cam, on the touch screen, even though it’s all blue.
Yes, lot's of confusion and speculation, if you read thru that whole other thread, for over a year.

Seriously disappointing to me that someone at Ford (especially during the time when they had nothing/not much to build) didn't sit down and get the Accessory stuff straightened out.

They HAD always planned in Gen14 to bring the SD trailer tech down to the F-150. As evidenced by the 12 pin connector being standard on many trims. Then they only ended up wiring 12V to it (2 pins out of 12) so nothing but the YAW was supported.

Finally with 2022 (maybe even late in 2021, I don't know) they starting wiring the 12 pin correctly. BUT they still (to this date 5/12/2022!!!) they don't have the accessories straightened out.

Anyway, if you look on the back (truck side) of the 12 pin, you will have either 2 pins wired or 9 pins wired. If only 2, then you are out of luck, until you find the cable (wireloom) for the truck side to bring in the other 7 wires/signals. IF you have 9 pins wired, you are good to go. Then you just have to decide (but using SD, i.e. F250/350) accessory pages to get just Rear Trailer Cam, or just Trailer TPMS or both, or including the 3rd option of the wiring for the Yaw sensor. This is what I did.

It definitely all works, and when I get the trailer back hitched up, I'll try and get some Cam pics also.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
One other issue: I have a '21 with only two wires on the truck side anyway, BUT in my towing menu in the cluster I have never had the "Trailer TPMS" entry. I checked with every OTA update (and I'm up to 2.5.3 now) and I still don't have it. Likely there is a forscan hack required but like I said, I am not interested in hacking or experimenting it since I have a 3rd party TPMS.

That being said, congrats on getting it working! It does look pretty cool in the cluster like that.

SAAUZ

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physiotherapist
Yes, lot's of confusion and speculation, if you read thru that whole other thread, for over a year.

Seriously disappointing to me that someone at Ford (especially during the time when they had nothing/not much to build) didn't sit down and get the Accessory stuff straightened out.

They HAD always planned in Gen14 to bring the SD trailer tech down to the F-150. As evidenced by the 12 pin connector being standard on many trims. Then they only ended up wiring 12V to it (2 pins out of 12) so nothing but the YAW was supported.

Finally with 2022 (maybe even late in 2021, I don't know) they starting wiring the 12 pin correctly. BUT they still (to this date 5/12/2022!!!) they don't have the accessories straightened out.

Anyway, if you look on the back (truck side) of the 12 pin, you will have either 2 pins wired or 9 pins wired. If only 2, then you are out of luck, until you find the cable (wireloom) for the truck side to bring in the other 7 wires/signals. IF you have 9 pins wired, you are good to go. Then you just have to decide (but using SD, i.e. F250/350) accessory pages to get just Rear Trailer Cam, or just Trailer TPMS or both, or including the 3rd option of the wiring for the Yaw sensor. This is what I did.

It definitely all works, and when I get the trailer back hitched up, I'll try and get some Cam pics also.
Trying to make sense of my hardware, looks like the 7 pin and 4 pin share the wiring, and the 12 pin is not connector to anything with only two wires populated.
Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer B3FC5754-FE0B-4F7A-84F1-3893A8C800DE
Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer 416429F0-DD1D-4111-91A6-FC77840CDB22
Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer 4467362B-6FB2-4675-9E36-1CAA7A050970
Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer 5E7952D9-C1FE-457A-BE18-9A3F6B83B71D

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Yes, forgot to add the "kit" I bought from Ford Parts had the truck side of the connector assembly that has the 7 pin and the 12 pin. I guess in case your truck didn't have it. Seems like it would fit into the same size cutout in the bumper that the 7 pin plus 4 pin is.

If the mating connector under the truck for the 12 pin only has 2 wires, then to support TPMS and/or Trailer Cam you will need to replace it with the correct cable (see the other thread). I believe there were 2 different PNs depending on whether you had single or dual exhaust (the one for dual exhaust had shielding to route over the tailpipe, I believe).

Sponsored

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
One other issue: I have a '21 with only two wires on the truck side anyway, BUT in my towing menu in the cluster I have never had the "Trailer TPMS" entry. I checked with every OTA update (and I'm up to 2.5.3 now) and I still don't have it. Likely there is a forscan hack required but like I said, I am not interested in hacking or experimenting it since I have a 3rd party TPMS.

That being said, congrats on getting it working! It does look pretty cool in the cluster like that.
Same here. I don’t get it. Lariat with tow package and 360 cameras. Why wouldn’t I have those features?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Same here. I don’t get it. Lariat with tow package and 360 cameras. Why wouldn’t I have those features?
Depending on what year and what trim, it either wasn’t optioned for the newest trucks and with the 2021s that were supposed to have them equipped, Ford must have ran out of time and said ‘fuck it,’ and shipped trucks incomplete and despite the big hubbub that they made over it for videos and how it even said the package included the trailer TPMS and cameras, it was removed. Some owners were informed of this issue when ordering their trucks but I certainly wasn’t.

There’s a much longer, more exhaustive thread here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/any-update-on-a-trailer-tmps-system.4989

Spoiler alert:

Several clever and motivated owners solved the issue in their spare time with parts all available from Ford.

Too bad Ford couldn’t figure it out themselves before production started. I always tell people not to buy the first model year of a car/truck.

But then I wouldn’t have the digital temperature read out on my climate control knobs! :p

And I probably would have had to pay $5K more for the truck.

However, if I knew a substantial part of the technology package that I ordered was MIA; I would have just gone with a stripped XL with manual wind windows and saved $10K.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
But then I wouldn’t have the digital temperature read out on my climate control knobs! :p
I've seen this mentioned a few times now. Is it supposed to be a "readout" or a "setpoint"? Mine has always been the setpoint but if there is a forscan hack to change it to cabin readout or maybe a way to toggle from readout to setpoint that would be awesome!

Also, apparently I just learned that the '22s dont have the LCD numbers at all?!?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
set point is likely more accurate. I should have said alphanumeric climate control knobs to be safe, as mine are generally off or set on L0 :D

Of all the scumbag moves Ford pulled on the 2022 to delete, paywall and bundle features; the climate control knobs seemed more benign but somehow focused all the forum’s ire.

Most of the vehicles I have owned either had zero climate control or just the old fashioned sliding knobs that directly manipulate the mixing doors.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Thanks, that’s nice to hear that the ‘22 owners are getting hooked up with the TPMS and trailer camera capability.

I am one of the early build ‘21 owners that got Forded with the 12 pin connector only having 2 pins populated. It’s crazy that people seem more upset with the LED temperature read outs being dropped from the ‘22 builds than a safety feature that was paid for.

I think I found the more detailed thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/any-update-on-a-trailer-tmps-system.4989

The transposition error in the title tripped me up.
That would be my oops… 😳

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I've seen this mentioned a few times now. Is it supposed to be a "readout" or a "setpoint"? Mine has always been the setpoint but if there is a forscan hack to change it to cabin readout or maybe a way to toggle from readout to setpoint that would be awesome!

Also, apparently I just learned that the '22s dont have the LCD numbers at all?!?
The readouts are now on the Sync screen along the top, in each corner for each side.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Since you have the 7-pin + 4-pin set up, that means you do not have the tow technology package. For that, you would have the 7-pin + a 12-pin (I think) lower connector that is for all the trailer gizmos (Yaw, TPMS, Camera).

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Trying to make sense of my hardware, looks like the 7 pin and 4 pin share the wiring, and the 12 pin is not connector to anything with only two wires populated.
B3FC5754-FE0B-4F7A-84F1-3893A8C800DE.jpeg
Yes, you have that correct. In the first photo, the connector on the right connects to the 12 pin, but it only has two wires. So you could do the pro-trailer backup yaw only.

Unfortunately, you would need to change the truck bumper harness to do TPMS or camera with the 12 pin. There are picture of that in the long TPMS thread. I would suggest reading that thread, and also dropping your spare tire to see if the wires running from the bumper harness to the cab are fully populated or not….much much more work if you need to add those wires going back to the cab

SAAUZ

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physiotherapist
Appreciate the info guys, I’m going back to reading that thread again.
Sponsored