First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Bar ow er
Hello everyone I'm coming from a 2020 GMC Denali, GMC has an option in their trailer screen for TPMS sensors for the trailer. I'm finding conflicting information that Ford has this or doesn't have this. Does anyone know if our trucks have these capabilities and if so can you direct me to where I can get these? Ford parts doesn't seem to know much about these trucks yet.

Thanks
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
See this post: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/yaw-sensor-and-trailer-camera-together.1611/post-40578

and the posts preceding it. I do NOT believe that the '21 F150's that folks have taken delivery of are pre-wired to plug in the "Customer added TPMS and Trailer Camera" systems that we were told would be available. The proprietary round plug under the 7-pin trailer plug carries all the pins for the yaw sensor, trailer camera, and trailer TPMS. However, if you look at the pictures from our trucks, ONLY the yaw sensor wires are populated.

I am still waiting for a current gen Superduty owner that has the "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System" package to provide a picture of the backside (truck side) of the round connector. I strongly suspect it has all the wires populated, and not just 2. And if that is correct, I don't care what the documentation says, there is NO WAY the TPMS or Camera can connect to the Sync head unit.

Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer 1617901544036

OP
OP

Jprovance1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Bar ow er
See this post: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/yaw-sensor-and-trailer-camera-together.1611/post-40578

and the posts preceding it. I do NOT believe that the '21 F150's that folks have taken delivery of are pre-wired to plug in the "Customer added TPMS and Trailer Camera" systems that we were told would be available. The proprietary round plug under the 7-pin trailer plug carries all the pins for the yaw sensor, trailer camera, and trailer TPMS. However, if you look at the pictures from our trucks, ONLY the yaw sensor wires are populated.

I am still waiting for a current gen Superduty owner that has the "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System" package to provide a picture of the backside (truck side) of the round connector. I strongly suspect it has all the wires populated, and not just 2. And if that is correct, I don't care what the documentation says, there is NO WAY the TPMS or Camera can connect to the Sync head unit.

1617901544036.png
I agree

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I already have my own aftermarket trailer TPMS and don't plan to add the camera. But I do feel bad for those that bought the 360 cameras and intended to get the trailer camera. It simply is not going to work unless they do some rewiring. I would be very angry as a customer that planned to use it. Hell, they might even need a Sync update to even talk to the cameras too! After all, we don't even have the damn sticker "update" that was promised.

OP
OP

Jprovance1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Bar ow er
I already have my own aftermarket trailer TPMS and don't plan to add the camera. But I do feel bad for those that bought the 360 cameras and intended to get the trailer camera. It simply is not going to work unless they do some rewiring. I would be very angry as a customer that planned to use it. Hell, they might even need a Sync update to even talk to the cameras too! After all, we don't even have the damn sticker "update" that was promised.
Which one do you have?

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Which one do you have?
I got this bad boy from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZZ2RCX7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My previous one was sketchy reception from my tires to my cab. It would be out of BLE (bluetooth low energy) range more often than not, which made it effectively useless unless it was on the car you were driving.

So I got this one, specifically to have a signal repeater to cover the trailer distance. I installed the repeater inside my battery box at the hitch, and installed a toggle switch so it won't drain my battery during storage. Works like a champ. My ONLY complaint is that it does not show pressure and temp all on one screen, and you can't make it continuously toggle. You have to press a button to see temps temporarily before display goes back to pressure. ANNOYING! But I suppose the TPMS built into the Ford cluster you would have to go see your temps with buttons anyway. I'll live.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
My recently sold 2019 Silverado came with four TPMS sensors to install in a trailer and they synced back to the infotainment system. I am surprised Ford doesn't do the same.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Has anyone heard anything else on this ?

Todd launchbaugh

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford f150
Occupation
Commercial real estate
Subscribed! I installed my trailer tire pressure harness and the truck doesn’t recognize the tire pressure of the trailers , has anyone gone through the set up

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Has anyone ever figured all this out? Everyone says they use their truck for “truck stuff,” towing, etc. but I get the feeling 90% of us could have just gotten a station wagon or minivan for 99% of our driving.

Is Ford just hoping that the trailer TPMS and other promised features will just be chalked up to the Mandela effect by the majority of Flavor Aid swilling Ford Afficianados?

Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Has anyone ever figured all this out? Everyone says they use their truck for “truck stuff,” towing, etc. but I get the feeling 90% of us could have just gotten a station wagon or minivan for 99% of our driving.

Is Ford just hoping that the trailer TPMS and other promised features will just be chalked up to the Mandela effect by the majority of Flavor Aid swilling Ford Afficianados?
Yes.

The is more info over in the (long) other thread about Trailer TPMS.

I have 2022 KR PB LB, so my 12 pin connector was wired up on the truck side.

I purchased one of the kits from Ford Accessories/Parts at my Dealer (believe you actually have to look under F-250) that had the TPMS, and the Camera and the 3rd drop for the YAW Sensor (2022 went back to sticker as standard for Pro Trailer Backup). I got the YAW sensor from EBAY.

The Trailer Cam, and the Trailer Hitch Cam and the Truck Bed Cam and the Truck Rear Cam (though can't see much when trailering), all work at any speed. Also have the split screen views with Trailer Rear Cam and Truck Rear cam for backing up.

Don't have pics of the cams in action (too much reflection on the 12" screen when I tried while driving), but here is a pic of Trailer TPMS (with Temp).
Ford F-150 TPMS sensors for Trailer IMG_1230

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Yes.

I purchased one of the kits from Ford Accessories/Parts at my Dealer (believe you actually have to look under F-250) that had the TPMS, and the Camera and the 3rd drop for the YAW Sensor (2022 went back to sticker as standard for Pro Trailer Backup). I got the YAW sensor from EBAY.

The Trailer Cam, and the Trailer Hitch Cam and the Truck Bed Cam and the Truck Rear Cam (though can't see much when trailering), all work at any speed. Also have the split screen views with Trailer Rear Cam and Truck Rear cam for backing up.

Don't have pics of the cams in action (too much reflection on the 12" screen when I tried while driving), but here is a pic of Trailer TPMS (with Temp).
IMG_1230.jpg
Great info! Now that the trailer rear camera will be supported at speed, does that mean that you get a view in the ‘card deck’ on the SYNC display without any FORScan hacks?

Also, any chance you could get a part no. for the truck side tow tech wiring harness?

Thanks!

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I believe it was: LC3Z1A189A , but have your Parts guy verify. There is a different part number if you don't want to ever use the YAW sensor (the difference is my cable had 3 downstream connectors, one for YAW, one for TPMS repeater, one for Trailer Cam). The other PN just has 2 (no YAW connector).

The only cam that shows up in the small right "card" view is the Bed Cam, no matter whether stopped or moving. All the other cam views use the bigger screen size.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Yes.

Thanks, that’s nice to hear that the ‘22 owners are getting hooked up with the TPMS and trailer camera capability.

I am one of the early build ‘21 owners that got Forded with the 12 pin connector only having 2 pins populated. It’s crazy that people seem more upset with the LED temperature read outs being dropped from the ‘22 builds than a safety feature that was paid for.

I think I found the more detailed thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/any-update-on-a-trailer-tmps-system.4989

The transposition error in the title tripped me up.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Yes, that's the other thread, lots of info. Including people who have found the cable needed to populate the truck side of the 12 pin connector, to get the rest of the functions.
Sponsored