First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Let me get this straight. You’ve changed the aerodynamics of your truck, added additional rotational mass, and called to complain to the dealership about your less than EPA estimated mileage?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
These threads and oil threads are my favorites. I'm old and most of my years were pre-forum, if you know what I mean. So if you discussed oil or tires or mpg, it was face to face with the other humans. Far less entertaining Cuz you were in reach. Lol

Now you can get away with so much tomfoolery.

My Powerboost is still pretty much OEM. I don't get the hypermileage mileage some get because I don't always have the patience. That torque is just too inviting. But I can keep it at or above the 20mpg barrier and still have fun.

To ME that's just crazy. I never thought I'd see the day back when I was driving Fords with 460's in them. Even my 7.3 diesels. This truck is amazing and it's not Fords fault that I'm not going to drive it the way the EPA testing is designed.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
It's science...not members being D-bags. You complain about a decrease in MPG after you added a lift, tires, and did not recalibrate your speedometer. Childish? You ridicule members who like to leave their trucks stock and lash out to everyone who comments. No is going to agree with your cause...science proves you wrong with aerodynamics and increased mass.

I will give you some real help. If you want to hit 20mpg or better. Put your truck back to stock. If not, deal with the decrease. If you follow the towing thread for the powerboost trucks you can see weight really drags the MPG down. Personally, I'm fine with this. I tow a half dozen times a year. The rest of the time, I can enjoy mpg's that are 20+ for 95% of my driving.

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
I got my 21 KR Powerboost back in Feb of this year. I instantly put a Readylift 2” level and 295/65/20 tires on it. I completely understand this will bring the MPGs down from the marketed 24 MPG but I’ve never got above 20 MPG. Hell, I hardly get above 17 MPG. 90% of my driving is on a highway going about 70 MPG and I don’t tow anything. I called the dealer and they have no real advice and say that if there are no lights on then they can’t check to see if anything is wrong. Is anyone else getting 17/16 MPG in their Powerboost? It’s very disappointing.
Show me a truck that isn’t mod’d and I’ll show you a hideous POS. That’s why these forums suck. Your response provided zero help and is annoying as hell.
I acknowledged the expectation of not getting the EPA rating.
You didn't acknowledge any expectation of not getting EPA rating. Can't take the truth and I'M annoying as hell??? LMAO. Stop whining about MPGs. Surprised the dealer didn't laugh in your face like several members here have.

Sponsored

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Well, I see plenty of jacked up trucks on 20" or bigger rims with low profile tires...to me that looks a lot more ridiculous than stock.
I did put more aggressive AT tires on mine as it snows a lot in the winter where I live. And I'm off-road in the summer. I accepted that might have a mileage penalty, but it would have the same mileage penalty on the regular 3.5 or v8. It's just with the Powerboost you're starting from a higher point. But ultimately, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Add more power, speed or aerodynamic drag, and you're going to lose MPG.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
.........Had you left it stock and saved all the money $3-4K spent on lifting, wheels, tires, etc you could have gas prepaid for 5+ years......lol......sorry.....I couldn't resist.....I'm just a horse's a$$ for a cheap joke :ROFLMAO:. ...............looks like no Christmas card for me from dleeHLCI this year!

Last edited:

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Let me get this straight. You’ve changed the aerodynamics of your truck, added additional rotational mass, and called to complain to the dealership about your less than EPA estimated mileage?

.......might as well add a tall camper on the bed to help with "air brakes"

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I acknowledged the expectation of not getting the EPA rating.
Then why in the world did you make this thread. As others said, when you lift a truck and add huge heavy tires you’re going to kill MPG. Not exactly rocket science. The truck is designed the way it is to maximize efficiency, you undid those things to make it look cool.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Then why in the world did you make this thread. As others said, when you lift a truck and add huge heavy tires you’re going to kill MPG. Not exactly rocket science. The truck is designed the way it is to maximize efficiency, you undid those things to make it look cool.
We havent seen the truck yet so hold off on the "cool" label.
Ford F-150 Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost lets-pump-the-breaks

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Kinda like "I drained out all the oil in the engine and transmission to gain payload capability and now my truck makes bad noises. Anyone have an idea? Should I submit for a lemon law rebuy?" ( I know.....I'm going straight to hell picking on a brother in this forum)

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
I got my 21 KR Powerboost back in Feb of this year. I instantly put a Readylift 2” level and 295/65/20 tires on it. I completely understand this will bring the MPGs down from the marketed 24 MPG but I’ve never got above 20 MPG. Hell, I hardly get above 17 MPG. 90% of my driving is on a highway going about 70 MPG and I don’t tow anything. I called the dealer and they have no real advice and say that if there are no lights on then they can’t check to see if anything is wrong. Is anyone else getting 17/16 MPG in their Powerboost? It’s very disappointing.
Check out the "What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?" thread. There is a lot of information there. Found this video (https://trukbed.com/how-to-drive-a-hybrid/) there with helpful tips. Not everyone is going to want to drive this way to increase fuel mileage, but I get it. It's a small battery assist on this motor, but the generator is really the key function for me.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Show me a truck that isn’t mod’d and I’ll show you a hideous POS...
Too bad J.C. Whitney is out of business:

Ford F-150 Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost EC5B6EC9-5D13-4CFA-982E-1C3778D92A10

“Contributors” is a stretch. Everyone I responded to “childishly” provided a douche bag response. If you’re not going to provide an beneficial response to my question why even comment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

"Psychological projection is the process of misinterpreting what is "inside" as coming from "outside". It forms the basis of empathy by the projection of personal experiences to understand someone else's subjective world. In its malignant forms, it is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against disowned and highly negative parts of the self by denying their existence in themselves and attributing them to others,"

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered