First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I wonder what would happen to the mileage of a Prius if you lifted it, put big offroad tires and wheels sticking out of wheelwells and added a brushbar, roof offroad lights, and winch? Don't forget the giant drop hitch with the disgusting bull's "equipment" hanging from hitch? Someone should photoshop an example. I found this online
Ford F-150 Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost IMG_5408
.....lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
OP has gone *poof*

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
The "real" reason the trucks have the nose down rake is that the computer thinks its always going downhill, thus better mileage. I use an ice cold beer just out of reach of my lips when running on treadmill. Can run 20 mph all day. Anybodys BS detector go off? (.....alternate facts?)

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I doubt its accurate but my 5.0 v8 says i was getting 16.8mpg with around town driving on normal mode today. I dont care either way but its fun to look once in awhile.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I doubt its accurate but my 5.0 v8 says i was getting 16.8mpg with around town driving on normal mode today. I dont care either way but its fun to look once in awhile.
I’m rural at at 10 months and 10,000 miles, my lifetime meter is showing
20.0 mpg ( my meter has been adjusted to be a bit more accurate)
some tankfuls, less than 18, some better than 20.
same fuel station and pump all the time

Sponsored

BuddyT

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 BAP PB
Here is a trip from central Oregon high desert over pass level of Mt Hood and back home to Portland, Oregon at 100 ft elevation on a totally stock loaded 21 Lariat 4x4 powerboost. I hate to modify it as far as leveling and tires as I am loving the mileage. I am kinda over the noisy exhaust and high climb into truck part of my life. Last rig was 2019 Ram Rebel Hemi with Magnaflow cat back exhaust and optional 1" lift air suspension. Not near as fast as powerboost and never got over 14 mpg with truck being stock.
IMG_5400 (2).jpg
This is exactly why I ordered a Powerboost. That same trip in my 2014 Grand Cherokee with a Hemi can get about 20-22 and my 6-cyl car only gets 18. The idea of 27 is fantastic.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I don’t have a lift or heavier tires and I regularly get 28-29 mpg in the city and 24-29 on the hwy depending on how I drive. Canadian gallons.
I’m sure things would change if I made some mods.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I don’t have a lift or heavier tires and I regularly get 28-29 mpg in the city and 24-29 on the hwy depending on how I drive. Canadian gallons.
I’m sure things would change if I made some mods.
You are actually getting the advertised sticker mileage on the truck. Very nice. Not something you really hear about someone getting that kind of mileage.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
I wonder what would happen to the mileage of a Prius if you lifted it, put big offroad tires and wheels sticking out of wheelwells and added a brushbar, roof offroad lights, and winch? Don't forget the giant drop hitch with the disgusting bull's "equipment" hanging from hitch? Someone should photoshop an example. I found this online
IMG_5408.jpg
.....lol
It needs a Fast and Furious boyracer wing to get the MPG back up….

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Let me get this straight. You’ve changed the aerodynamics of your truck, added additional rotational mass, and called to complain to the dealership about your less than EPA estimated mileage?

let us not forget he added larger tires which spin slower, meaning drivetrain is spinning slower and is showing a slower speed to the speedometer and computer. So when he’s doing “70” he’s prob cranking close to 80…

can’t wait til he tries explaning to a highway patrolman ”at least it don’t look like a hideous POS”….

Sponsored

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
I don't get the EPA City mpg. But I'm usually doing under 4 miles and the engine is therefore cold for much of the drive. It may be a little better with Premium so I'm feeding it with that.

On the highway? Under good conditions I can exceed the 24mpg just fine.

Not a chance I'm going to substantially modify my POS-looking F-150. I want decent mpg, I want good towing, I don't like the poser look with the lift and the big tires when I won't do much off-road. I also don't need the expense to make it so that my F-150 doesn't look like a POS. I guess I actually like the POS look better than the alternative. And I really don't like the poser look that so many lifted trucks with big tires exhibit.

Also, my wife is short. She'd hate it if I put a lift on the thing - tougher for her to get in and out.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
You are actually getting the advertised sticker mileage on the truck. Very nice. Not something you really hear about someone getting that kind of mileage.
If you want to have some fun with the power or if you increase the speed significantly then the mileage drops fast. Any larger diameter tires (heavier) or a lift would impact the mileage as well. I’m very happy with what I’m getting and currently have about 25,000 kms on the truck. I understand why some may make mods but just don’t expect the mileage to be near the EPA as you change the engineering.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Agree with above. There’s no free lunch, this much weight with this much power, drop the hammer once or twice and the entire tanks mpg is shot. Takes discipline to get the mpg up

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Veteran
I get 21.2 MPG with my '21 stocked KR power boost. The only thing I added was LED lights in the side vents and a bed cover. I drive to Alabama from Missouri about 7 times a year, running at 72 to 73 MPH. I gain MPG with local driving but really don't drop much at all on the highway, unless hitting a head wind.
Sponsored