Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost

dleeHLCI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
I got my 21 KR Powerboost back in Feb of this year. I instantly put a Readylift 2” level and 295/65/20 tires on it. I completely understand this will bring the MPGs down from the marketed 24 MPG but I’ve never got above 20 MPG. Hell, I hardly get above 17 MPG. 90% of my driving is on a highway going about 70 MPG and I don’t tow anything. I called the dealer and they have no real advice and say that if there are no lights on then they can’t check to see if anything is wrong. Is anyone else getting 17/16 MPG in their Powerboost? It’s very disappointing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dleeHLCI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
yep i also have 295/60R20s and fox coilovers with the front leveled and thats pretty much the exact mpg i get on the highway as well. Doesnt sound like anything is wrong with your truck.
I guess that’s the price I pay buying a first gen engine. Would have never opted for PB if I was going to lose 8 MPGs.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Show me a truck that isn’t mod’d and I’ll show you a hideous POS. That’s why these forums suck. Your response provided zero help and is annoying as hell.
While the eye roll may have been a bit much, he’s really not wrong. You can’t expect a leveled truck with much heavier tires to get the EPA rating while driving at speeds over what the EPA rates the stock truck at…you’re still getting better economy in the Powerboost than you’d likely get in a regular 3.5 or a 5.0. My buddy has a 3 inch rough country kit on 33x12.50 ridge grapplers on his 5.0 and averages under 14mpg in daily driving, 14-15 on the highway.

OP
OP

dleeHLCI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
While the eye roll may have been a bit much, he’s really not wrong. You can’t expect a leveled truck with much heavier tires to get the EPA rating while driving at speeds over what the EPA rates the stock truck at…you’re still getting better economy in the Powerboost than you’d likely get in a regular 3.5 or a 5.0. My buddy has a 3 inch rough country kit on 33x12.50 ridge grapplers on his 5.0 and averages under 14mpg in daily driving, 14-15 on the highway.
I acknowledged the expectation of not getting the EPA rating.

hammer40

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Tremor, 1970 F250
Occupation
Business owner
Did you hand calc or adjust your speedometer? If not, your numbers are sure to be off.

Sponsored

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Show me a truck that isn’t mod’d and I’ll show you a hideous POS. That’s why these forums suck. Your response provided zero help and is annoying as hell.
LOl, you come on here and insult the vast majority of the contributors on here with childish responses and its the "forums" fault. Please move on.

OP
OP

dleeHLCI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
LOl, you come on here and insult the vast majority of the contributors on here with childish responses and its the "forums" fault. Please move on.
“Contributors” is a stretch. Everyone I responded to “childishly” provided a douche bag response. If you’re not going to provide an beneficial response to my question why even comment.

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Keep in mind also that the hybrid’s biggest advantage is at low speed start and stop. You mentioned that most of your driving is at highway speeds where you basically have a 3.5 eco boost; add your lift and larger heavier tires and you probably get close to your 17 mpg.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Here is a trip from central Oregon high desert over pass level of Mt Hood and back home to Portland, Oregon at 100 ft elevation on a totally stock loaded 21 Lariat 4x4 powerboost. I hate to modify it as far as leveling and tires as I am loving the mileage. I am kinda over the noisy exhaust and high climb into truck part of my life. Last rig was 2019 Ram Rebel Hemi with Magnaflow cat back exhaust and optional 1" lift air suspension. Not near as fast as powerboost and never got over 14 mpg with truck being stock.
Ford F-150 Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost IMG_5400 (2)
Sponsored