12 inch infotainment screen going dark

JJF3

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
My infotainment screen intermittently goes dark and then fades back in. There’s no rhyme or reason it just seems to do it randomly. Is it a problem with the battery?
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Mine seems to do it in the morning or evening if I’m driving away from the sun. It’s like the light sensor is partially obstructed.

OP
OP

JJF3

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Mine seems to do it in the morning or evening if I’m driving away from the sun. It’s like the light sensor is partially obstructed.
Im wondering if it has to do with switching from day (white screen) to night (dark screen). So I just switched from auto to full time day Mode.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I run mine in night mode all the time. It’s usually plenty bright but when it thinks it’s nighttime during the day you can barely read the screen. It used to get the proper brightness all the time but not lately. Does anyone know where the sensor is?

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
OP, when you say it goes dark, do you mean it goes into dark mode, or just completely black?

OP
OP

JJF3

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
OP, when you say it goes dark, do you mean it goes into dark mode, or just completely black?

It just goes dark as in completely black. I can still hear the radio but the screen is completely dark and then it will fade back in after about 30-40 seconds. Last night I switched the setting from "auto" to "day". So now it stays on "day" setting. My theory is when I drive in and out of the garage the screen switches from night to day mode and that's what is throwing it off. It's just a theory but so far today it has not gone dark. Fingers crossed.

Safetyrep

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Mine did it about 7 times while on a 20 mile trip this AM, I bumped the shifter and it came back on 3 of the 7 times, one time I pulled over and put it in park and it came back on, and the other times it came back after a period of time.

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
It just goes dark as in completely black. I can still hear the radio but the screen is completely dark and then it will fade back in after about 30-40 seconds. Last night I switched the setting from "auto" to "day". So now it stays on "day" setting. My theory is when I drive in and out of the garage the screen switches from night to day mode and that's what is throwing it off. It's just a theory but so far today it has not gone dark. Fingers crossed.
Mine is doing this exact same thing. It randomly goes completely black but the radio still works. If I touch the screen I can also hit buttons but I have no clue what I’m hitting. I always kept mine on night mode but today when it was black I pulled into the dark garage and it came back on. Seems to maybe be a sensor issue.

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
This has been happening to me too. Does anyone know how to fix the issue? Or did you guys have to bring it in to the dealership?

Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.
Same thing for mine. Just started 2 weeks ago, now it does it every trip. Randomly goes black. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn’t. Restarting the vehicle always gets it running again.

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Anybody have any luck on this, mines been doing this for a week or so now. Seems to only happen in dark mode at night.

swade87

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 king ranch fx4 4x4
Happens to my screen every time I get in it. Very frustrating and also interior dome lighting won’t come on when first entering vehicle which is also very frustrating at night!

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
My dome light also isn’t coming on, don’t know if the issues are connected but I have both
Sponsored