First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Occupation
automotive electronics & programming
working on a 2021 f150 with above screen .truck took an OTA software update .now camera button above screen .no longer works putting truck in reverse .cluster says rear brake assist inop. well truck has 35,450 miles on it in service date 2 /17 /2021 . ford customer cares states out of base warranty . our master FORD tech took 4 hour,s 2 weeks ago to fix this software issue that truck was still under base warranty .the local dealer 4 hours labor with tax $900.00 to fix a bad software update .rear cameras are now required . I downloaded the entire as built file .from FORD 61 lines of hex code no longer match .factory as built file 37 8 1/2 x11 pages of code yes I can rewrite it and update truck .what a mess these OTA updates need full vetting before release .DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DISSABLE UPDATES until the brains get it right !!!
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
So you don't own an F-150 and came here to rant? 🤔

OP
OP

creativeautosound

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Occupation
So you don't own an F-150 and came here to rant? 🤔
NO I do not own an f150 .I deal with the many electronic problems they have .I am telling you guys dissable sync updates as if out of base warranty .fixes to bad software will cost big time !

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
What you describe is an easily fixed issue. Sorry to hear the owner had difficulty.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
You really need to update all modules with Ford's FDRS software, As Built files are constantly changing on Ford connected vehicles and uploaded to the cloud with each module software update. If you download a asbuilt from the motorcraft site and load this in the truck you will destroy it. You must always first scan Ford connected vehicles with FDRS to ensure there synced before you can trust the motorcraft downloaded As built .

OP
OP

creativeautosound

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Occupation
THANK you for your input .the issue is ford did a BAD OTA update and caused .many problems it is not easly fixed .a master tech 45 years with FORD spent 4 hour,s W/FDRS programming thru FORD PMI . 3 things to asbuilt that fixed customer problem .under base warranty the truck I had issue with is out of 3- 36 base warranty .by 18 day,s and ford said on phone sorry we messed up you are out warranty .you will have to pay for correction .to our defective OTA update .BTW I am a large FORD shareholder since 1999 .NOT HAPPY !
Sponsored