Sponsored

Wow. Power seats very noticeably reduce driver leg room 🤪. Is there a work around ?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I am also 6’1” and weigh about 255 lbs. I have a 23 STX and a 22 platinum. I can tell no difference in leg room. I prefer the platinum adjustability since those seats also go up and down, among other adjustments
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
^^This, probably pedals. Haven't played with manual seats but given that cushions are the same, it's likely pedals.
What are these pedals you refer to?
Am I the only one that simply just uses adaptive cruise for everything🤣🤣🤣
I am 6. 3. 226 lbs..I stick my left foot way up there past the brake often to stretch
My pedals are full fwd

• Haha
Reactions: 780

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I am 6. 3. 226 lbs..I stick my left foot way up there past the brake often to stretch
My pedals are full fwd
Yeah, mine are against the firewall where they've been from day 1

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
I actually know what the OP is talking about. There's a bump to the left of the peddles that also prevents me from stretching my left leg out. I'm 6'2" and I have my seat back a fair bit. When I set cruise speed I need to cross my left leg in front of me normally.

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
I dunno man, I'm 6'6" with being longer on the leg side and have never felt like I needed more room in my f150. My 19' had adjustable pedals and my 22' doesn't. I thought that would ruin things but honestly its had zero effect and I have about an inch to spare for moving my seat back.

Sponsored

Tall Tail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A 4x4 5.0L 3.31
Curious what you’re hoping to accomplish with this function?
  1. The PID loop can be unnecessarily aggressive in stop and go. Its not fuel efficient and I don't need full throttle to full break to move 20 ft. How do I adjust the PID loop?
  2. On some dirt roads, I could use less than 15 mph.
  3. The same reason the Raport uses it (low speed crawl).
  4. Why not have the flexibility? What's special about 15 mph? It used to be 25 mph, now 15 mph. Why not 1 mph?

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
set cruise in stop and go traffic. ACC with stop and go will come to a stop and take off again without input from the driver. My 2016 Audi had that feature.
I use ACC in stop and go all the time. It’s great for that. F150 does what your audi did. It’s even better than my genesis I had before as it doesn’t require me to hit resume after a stop

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
  1. The PID loop can be unnecessarily aggressive in stop and go. Its not fuel efficient and I don't need full throttle to full break to move 20 ft. How do I adjust the PID loop?
  2. On some dirt roads, I could use less than 15 mph.
  3. The same reason the Raport uses it (low speed crawl).
  4. Why not have the flexibility? What's special about 15 mph? It used to be 25 mph, now 15 mph. Why not 1 mph?
Fair enough. It definitely is too aggressive sometimes. I find setting the distance to 3 or 4 bars helps the aggressiveness a bit but doesn’t solve it.

I agree - it’s just programming to make it work below 15. Would be nice to have the option. I’d be curious to know what led them to the 15mph minimum.

Sponsored

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
I use ACC in stop and go all the time. It’s great for that. F150 does what your audi did. It’s even better than my genesis I had before as it doesn’t require me to hit resume after a stop
Gotchya, thanks. I read his response also and understand now.

Tall Tail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A 4x4 5.0L 3.31
Fair enough. It definitely is too aggressive sometimes. I find setting the distance to 3 or 4 bars helps the aggressiveness a bit but doesn’t solve it.

I agree - it’s just programming to make it work below 15. Would be nice to have the option. I’d be curious to know what led them to the 15mph minimum.
In so cal, if you have it on 3 or 4 bars, someone will cut in front of you, which causes the truck to slam on the breaks.

Me too. It seems inconsistent.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
I dunno man, I'm 6'6" with being longer on the leg side and have never felt like I needed more room in my f150. My 19' had adjustable pedals and my 22' doesn't. I thought that would ruin things but honestly its had zero effect and I have about an inch to spare for moving my seat back.
Hmmm, maybe I just slouch too much in my seat. Stupid posture. 😬

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
My pedals are full fwd
Yeah, mine are against the firewall where they've been from day 1
Same. I'm 6'1" - 34" inseam. But when my wife or daughters drive the truck the pedals are moved all the way closest to the seat. They usually don't move them back and it's noticeable right away, lol (really wish we had memory seats)

Pedal location would be the first thing I'd check. I have my seat most of the way back (maybe an another inch to spare), fairly straight and raised all the way up for inner leg support. Plenty of room for me.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I actually know what the OP is talking about. There's a bump to the left of the peddles that also prevents me from stretching my left leg out. I'm 6'2" and I have my seat back a fair bit. When I set cruise speed I need to cross my left leg in front of me normally.
That’s not what OP’s concern was though. He said the seats don’t adjust as far back in certain trim trucks
Sponsored