Sponsored

Will Powerboost let you kill the battery with USB Charging or Zone Lighting with the car off?

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
I noticed I can shut the car off and keep my selected Zone lighting on, and that also the rear USB charging port continued charging.

Is the Powerboost smart enough to not let the battery drain dead or will it let me kill it with these features? I was out camping and secluded so I was worried about trying it out.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The USB ports only stay on for a certain time after the ignition is off, maybe 30 min. Zone Lighting will also shut off eventually .

OP
OP

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
The USB ports only stay on for a certain time after the ignition is off, maybe 30 min. Zone Lighting will also shut off eventually .
No need to worry about them killing the battery then?

blentre

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Power Boost Limited
Probably depends on how much you use it and the battery seems to be sensitive. I had to have my wife stop carrying my key in her purse because everytime she went to her car, the truck would light up being in range of it (lights, sideview mirrors, step) and it caused my battery to get low with here constant in/out over time.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'm not going to say you can't/couldn't kill the battery with zone lighting, but you'd have to be repeatedly turning it on. I'm not going to try to see what happens, but you're welcome to try. Unless you make the USB power start on longer with Forscan (forget the setting name), you shouldn't have to worry about the USB ports killing the battery.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
When I first got mine I kept getting alerts for my garage camera, because the truck lights would trigger it repeatedly as I moved around the house with the key fob in my pocket... I never had any battery issues because of it, but i did switch to leaving the key fob in the truck and using the door keypad to lock/unlock
Sponsored