Sponsored

Ford removing Copilot Active 2.0 on 2022 orders

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I went car shopping this weekend in an attempt to see if I could find anything on the lot I wanted and the dodge dealer said he had FIVE people come in pissed off about losing bluecruise and wanting to buy a Dodge instead.
Seems strange people would be so upset about losing Blue Cruise that they'd decide to look into a vehicle that does even offer a similar function. I can see looking into a GM model that had Super Cruise.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'd take my non-Bluecruise Platinum Powerboost over a Cheby or Dodge or Toyota 1/2 ton.
Letting one hand touch the wheel while the truck basically is driving itself anyways just isn't that different from Bluecruise.
And it's the rest of that magical Powerboost ensemble that the others currently have no answer for. :)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I am a firm believer of never say never but driving without a hand on the steering wheel is something I will probably never do. Especially with new technology that is basically untested.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
This is very unprofessional! I wait 8 months to get what I want! Now they decide to Delete Blue Cruise and other Options! They cannot do this!!!! We have Price Protected and an order confirmation sheet from the original sale! I find it hard to believe Granger Ford trying cheat the customers! They know the order can be roll over until all materials have been secured. Granger ford wants us to cancel your order so they will still receive the truck and sale at higher price! It's all about the money!
My experience with Granger has been excellent. Granger will notify you if a change needs to be made to get your truck scheduled. In my case, they held off asking me to remove items knowing that there was a possibility that by the time my truck was schedule for production, the item may no longer be a constraint. If you have questions about your current build, ask the dealer to send you the latest build sheet. The prices may not reflect your protected price, but you will be able to see if anything has been removed.

As you can see from the memo from Ford (linked below), Ford WILL make changes to your build (you don't have a choice), and they leave it up to the dealership to notify you. This is the part that seems unprofessional to me.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2022-f-150-product-offering-changes.10378/

From Ford's memo "Orders that are not updated by May 8th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 9th, 2022", "Orders that are not updated by May 8th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 9th, 2022", "Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) feature will be amended by Ford", etc.

Last edited:

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
My experience with Granger has been excellent. Granger will notify you if a change needs to be made to get your truck scheduled. In my case, they held off asking me to remove items knowing that there was a possibility that by the time my truck was schedule for production, the item may no longer be a constraint. If you have questions about your current build, ask the dealer to send you the latest build sheet. The prices may not reflect your protected price, but you will be able to see if anything has been removed.

As you can see from the memo from Ford (linked below), Ford WILL make changes to your build (you don't have a choice), and they leave it up to the dealership to notify you. This is the part that seems unprofessional to me.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2022-f-150-product-offering-changes.10378/

From Ford's memo "Orders that are not updated by May 8th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 9th, 2022", "Orders that are not updated by May 8th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 9th, 2022", "Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) feature will be amended by Ford", etc.

+1

There were some orders that slipped through the cracks, too. I was one of those, got a VIN after the auto park delete but before the multi contour delete. @GrangerChip reached out to me to get a signed invoice with my lower price for the autopark delete, when I got my window sticker, it had the seat delete too.

I reached out to him and he apologized and had a new invoice sent over with that additional cut indicated on it.

I'm getting the feeling Ford is 100% the responsible party for these deletes, and they're not optional. Ford will delete them, and ask the dealers to reach out to you so as to provide the lube to make taking it a bit easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PMMePizza

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager

Seconded as well. Chip has been quick to inform me and shares all new information when he gets it.

I place blame 100% on Ford for accepting orders for things they could not fulfill. Either through ignorance or poor planning.

At least now it seems they won't let people order things they cannot deliver.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Definitely extremely frustrated with Ford on this one. I regularly contact Ford chat (I ordered on 1/14 and still do not have a VIN) and ask about my order and they've told me again and again that I was unscheduled clean, there was nothing holding my order up.

From Chip
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, extremely frustrated doesn't even really begin to describe it. I ordered in October, and every time I've called I've been told "unscheduled clean", yet here I am eight months later with no VIN and it looks like half of my options won't be on the truck.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Seconded as well. Chip has been quick to inform me and shares all new information when he gets it.

I place blame 100% on Ford for accepting orders for things they could not fulfill. Either through ignorance or poor planning.

At least now it seems they won't let people order things they cannot deliver.
The point is when ford accepted your order they were able to produce it.
Then vendors shorted order or failed to deliver completely.

This is very fluid. One day you have stuff, they next you dont.

Its not like Ford, or any OEM, knew they sold something they couldnt build.

This is not static. OEM's do not get a shipment of 1,000,000 chips. They get promised 20k on this date, then 30k on this date. Those dates pass and no chips. Or 5k received. What are they suppossed to do?

They are aimimg at a moving target blindfolded. We all are stuck in this crap.

Last edited:

CHUCK12

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150
Occupation
state road
I may be wrong, but I have only seen Granger ford
removing Copilot Active 2.0 on 2022 high in models orders? If I'm Wrong I will apologize.
I was wrong!

Ford Motor Company makes the trucks or cars, They did sent out a memo. They did mandate some options that are not available to be deleted. The dealer is kind of like the middle man that takes the orders.

Right now would be a difficult time to be a car or truck dealer. They are stuck in the middle and trying to make everyone happy.

I apologize to Chip and Granger ford, for the things I said that was proven wrong, I read the memo.

But this is still a fluid situation which could change day to day. It's easy to get one sided when you have been waiting 8 months and and get bad news, It's just frustrating!

CHUCK

OP
OP
PMMePizza

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager
Not trying to stir up trouble! And this could change at any time? But as of June 6, I receive this e-mail form the ford video guy. I have much respect for and again this could change!

Here is the scoop on F-150:
Ford quote on Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0: "Vehicles ordered with Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 will require Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X)."
-Meaning you won't have access to the park assist but you still should have access to BlueCruise.
-Do not have them remove your Active 2.0 package but add option 67X (APA 2.0 Removal).

Ford quote on Multi-Contour Seats: "Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seat with Active Motion (Driver and Passenger) (included on 601A, 700A, 701A, and 900A) will require Multi-Contour Seat Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 mode year."
-If you have King Ranch with 601A you will need to add 91X
-Ford is requiring this to be done, no option to leave it off your order to wait for the option.

Ford quote on Max Recline Seat feature (91S) is no longer available to order where optional (600A, 601A, 700A, 701A, and 900A). Unscheduled vehicle orders with the Max Recline Seat option will not be selected for scheduling."
-If you have option 91S on your order, Ford will require the dealer to remove the option.

I hope this clarifies this information. Microchips are causing havoc for these tech heavy trucks.
That's old information. They made that change several weeks ago. The change I'm posting about is new and in addition to this addendum.

It doesn't affect all f150s just everything below platinum/kr/limited

Sponsored

Ben.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Lariat
I hadn't seen a post about this so I figured I'd share what I know.

Chip at Granger reached out to me today to let me know that my truck would require Bluecruise (Copilot Active 2.0) removed in order to be scheduled for production. My options are to remove it (go down to just Copilot Assist 2.0) or cancel my order.

From Chip
I had asked my dealer a few weeks back what the status with my Co-Pilot360 Active and at that time he wasn't aware of any issues with Co-pilot assist at the time which I thought was a bit odd. I emailed him again yesterday and he confirmed that Ford had deleted my co-pilot360 Active 2.0 and credited my order $350. I never had the choice whether to suck it up and wait it out or delete it on my own. Still no word on a build date but hopefully at they decide to prioritize builds that they have deleted options from. That would be something

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I had asked my dealer a few weeks back what the status with my Co-Pilot360 Active and at that time he wasn't aware of any issues with Co-pilot assist at the time which I thought was a bit odd. I emailed him again yesterday and he confirmed that Ford had deleted my co-pilot360 Active 2.0 and credited my order $350. I never had the choice whether to suck it up and wait it out or delete it on my own. Still no word on a build date but hopefully at they decide to prioritize builds that they have deleted options from. That would be something
$350 credit ontop of removing the Co-Pilot Active, or did he mean they deleted 'Active Park Assist' and credited you ~$350 ($365)?

I'd ask for your order preview to see what exactly Ford did.

Ben.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Lariat
$350 credit ontop of removing the Co-Pilot Active, or did he mean they deleted 'Active Park Assist' and credited you ~$350 ($365)?

I'd ask for your order preview to see what exactly Ford did.

Sorry I was mistaken. I have a $365 credit for the "Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal". I still have Co-Pilot360 2.0, or at least I still have it as of today.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
The point is when ford accepted your order they were able to produce it.
Then vendors shorted order or failed to deliver completely.

This is very fluid. One day you have stuff, they next you dont.

Its not like Ford, or any OEM, knew they sold something they couldnt build.

This is not static. OEM's do not get a shipment of 1,000,000 chips. They get promised 20k on this date, then 30k on this date. Those dates pass and no chips. Or 5k received. What are they suppossed to do?

They are aimimg at a moving target blindfolded. We all are stuck in this crap.
I disagree that Ford was able to produce the order when it was taken. Ford was very aware of the uncertainty of commodities/chips when they took my order and they absolutely knew they wouldn't be able to produce it for months (I'm hoping it is just months). However, Ford doesn't tell anyone they won't receive their truck for months because Ford is terrible at communicating. If we treated our customers like Ford treats their customers (us), we would be fired and out of business.

The only communication I have received from Ford since ordering four months ago was an order confirmation with no delivery estimate, an invitation to join Ford Pass, and an invitation to apply for a Ford credit card. I've received no communication regarding the status of my vehicle. That would be completely unacceptable in any other situation except this one because anyone on this forum has been conditioned to accept terrible communication.

Certainly chip/commodity issues play a part in the production scheduling uncertainty, but that isn't the only thing. That combined with the way Ford allocates vehicles to dealers regardless of order date makes this whole process convoluted. The commodity issues make a bad system worse.

I would also add that introducing the Maverick, Mach-E, and Lightning at this time was a terrible idea. They made a bad situation worse. Compared to F150 numbers, those sales are small, but every amount helps.

As someone who worked in the semiconductor industry for over a decade, I can assure you that the chip building process isn't random baring unexpected shut downs or natural disasters. You may not know and your company may not know what chips you are going to receive, but the fab knows how many they are going to produce and who is going to receive them well in advance. I think Ford has a much better idea than you give them credit for. Certainly the company I work for has a lot more information regarding our semiconductor deliveries than you think Ford has.