• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I just got this pop-up checking my reservation and still can't order. Anyone else seen this?

Screenshot_20220217-141732.jpg
yes - I got it twice already. I think it is a glitch in their system that happens when we are pushed down the timeline. Bait and switch :-(
Sponsored

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Has there been any confirmation on consistency of wave allocations for each dealer? For example, ABC dealer gets 1 wave 1 order and then 5 wave 2 orders. Is it safe to assume that ABC dealer would get 5 in Wave 3 and 5 in Wave 4? Or has it been all over the place? Of course, it would be nice if they get more each Wave ;-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Looks like Ford's garbage allocation process continues. First minute reservation and priority status and still no order option.
Crazy how much the ball has been dropped on this process. If they tempered expectations by releasing numbers or followed reservations instead of having EV states, priority orders along with reservations. It just seems all over the place. That being said I knew I wasn't getting a MY22 for the last 2 waves even with a 5/20 reservation but it's amazing how bad this has gone for alot of potential customers.

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I am a little confused by your statement. Were you able to order a Pro for 2023? Or are you just extending your current reservation and hoping to get a Pro? Still have not been invited to the party so I have not seen the "extend my reservation screen"
I haven't been able to place an order for a Pro yet. Maybe the 2023 ordering will open in late Summer?

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has there been any confirmation on consistency of wave allocations for each dealer? For example, ABC dealer gets 1 wave 1 order and then 5 wave 2 orders. Is it safe to assume that ABC dealer would get 5 in Wave 3 and 5 in Wave 4? Or has it been all over the place? Of course, it would be nice if they get more each Wave ;-)
My dealer got 1 for the first wave, and zero in all other waves, so I guess that's consistent.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Wave 6 is just going to have platinum models left.
There's still plenty of Lariat SR. ER is just better value in Lariat. All but 4 of the Lariat orders(118 at moment) so far have been ER. Given that Lariat ER have such a huge allocation they still have a good chance of being there to start wave 6. The conversion rate is gonna hurt more each wave for sure.

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
When you decide to extend your reservation to the next MY, does that lock in? Or do you have until 3/31 to change your mind?

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
When you decide to extend your reservation to the next MY, does that lock in? Or do you have until 3/31 to change your mind?
You can change to anything that is still available. I extended for a Pro at first, then went back and chose the XLT SR later.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
There's no way to make everyone happy.

That's just the way it is. Sorry for the guys who are going to be dissapointed this year. Realize that you are far from alone and the odds, even for a day one reservation, were 50/50 plus or minus a few based on dealership and state.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
There's still plenty of Lariat SR. ER is just better value in Lariat.
I disagree. We don't know the price of the SR battery, but the Lariat with no battery would have to be worth less than $37,500 for the ER battery to be a better value.

The math: for the extra $10k you pay for the ER, you get 33.7% more battery (131 kWh vs 98 kWh), which translates to a cost of $30k for SR battery by itself (if the value proposition is the same for ER vs SR). Which leaves the rest of the vehicle valued at $37,500 (since the base Lariat costs $67,500). For the ER to be a better value, you're saying that a Lariat minus the battery is worth less than $37,500, which doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Additionally, the battery is a part that will wear out and need to be replaced in say 10 years. I ordered the Lariat SR so that I could put that $10k towards a replacement battery when the time comes. Ideally battery costs will come down in 10 years.
Sponsored