Vibration thru gas pedal

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Did you ever install the shims? If so did it help. I have same issue, removed blocks, noticed about a .75-1 degree shift in pinion angle, a mechanic told me it should hurt anything, but I’m having the same issue with vibrations coming through gas peddle around 45-60 and really prevalent In 7th gear.
Nope didn't help. Also removed the coils and cleaned them. No change. Still have a 50-60ish mph vibration in several gears.
Sponsored

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
My truck has had a pedal vibration for over a year now. (2021 Lariat 5.0, 4x4). It got better in winter a little it seemed and now with warm weather back it’s back pretty bad. Mine is typically over like 20 MPH and today I could almost hear some type of rhythmic rubbing as my foot sits on the pedal while coasting. Tires are decently worn but really not bad at all and evenly worn. I don’t know what the hell it is anymore but I really doubt it’s spark plugs for me. This seems like it has to do with the movement of the vehicle.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I’m about 95% sure mine is going to be tire noise. Can’t see anything with a scan tool.

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
I’m about 95% sure mine is going to be tire noise. Can’t see anything with a scan tool.
How would you describe yours? Is it similar to what I’m experiencing? The rythmic vibration I could faintly hear on mine is what has me wondering

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
How would you describe yours? Is it similar to what I’m experiencing? The rythmic vibration I could faintly hear on mine is what has me wondering
Friends, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and this is totally unhelpful, but I went down every theory / fix rabbit hole and I’m telling you in all honesty, the only way to move on from this issue is to buy another brand truck like I did. Sadly, it was my first and last Ford and I took a bath on the trade in… but it was worth it.

Sponsored

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
Friends, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and this is totally unhelpful, but I went down every theory / fix rabbit hole and I’m telling you in all honesty, the only way to move on from this issue is to buy another brand truck like I did. Sadly, it was my first and last Ford and I took a bath on the trade in… but it was worth it.
Funny, I have a very similar truck to your build and I have had no issues whatsoever. I know some have speculated that air entering by the wiper well gets caught up in the firewall and causes the vibration. I wonder if adding dynamat to the inside firewall might be a worthwhile last ditch effort to reduce the vibration?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My personal opinion is that the source of NVH on one F150 can differ from the next, even if both were described as vibration in the foot pedal.

And there are so many components that make up these assemblies, it could be very difficult to trace it down. But if someone was diligent enough, there IS an explanation.

Sadly, at some point sometimes throwing in the towel is the more appealing devil.
I'm too stubborn, usually.

I tell myself to look at it the other way..... There's a FINITE number of bolts/pieces to the pedal. Heck, it's even fly by wire. So there's no longer rods/cables physically connected to the engine itself. So at least that's eliminated from the equation.

Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal Screenshot_20240504_091543_OneDrive

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Just to update the thread my truck has had pedal vibrations for over a year now. Better in the winter but was still there. Over the past week it has evolved into a full blown vibration you can feel/hear outside of the accelerator pedal, I also feel like my steering is mildly more sloppy at low speeds. I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer for Friday to get it looked at. It’s been duplicating the issue for a few days in a row now so my hope is they can replicate it. My truck is just outside the 3 year 36k warranty so honestly hoping it’s drivetrain related and gets repaired under the power train warranty. Regardless I told Ford about the vibrations a year ago when it was in for another issue, so hopefully they take care of me regardless. This truck has definitely had some issues.

Tremor150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just to update the thread my truck has had pedal vibrations for over a year now. Better in the winter but was still there. Over the past week it has evolved into a full blown vibration you can feel/hear outside of the accelerator pedal, I also feel like my steering is mildly more sloppy at low speeds. I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer for Friday to get it looked at. It’s been duplicating the issue for a few days in a row now so my hope is they can replicate it. My truck is just outside the 3 year 36k warranty so honestly hoping it’s drivetrain related and gets repaired under the power train warranty. Regardless I told Ford about the vibrations a year ago when it was in for another issue, so hopefully they take care of me regardless. This truck has definitely had some issues.
Update?

Mine has the vibration issue too in the gas pedal.

Lou Bricants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Raptor 37
'23 Raptor 37pp here. I've had a few issues including having the front passenger side shock assembly replaced @ 10k milesand a front passenger side axle replaced @ 19k miles due to a torn boot. I have adjustable pedals but I really don't think they are the issue.

I have 20k miles now and have owned the truck for a year now. It was the smoothest vehicle I've owned, no vibrations anywhere until the front passenger side axle was replaced at 19k miles. Now I get a rotational feeling pedal vibration at low rpms 1300-1800 under light throttle acceleration after 20 mph. It only occurs under light load but makes me want a new truck as i cant stand vibrations.

Logic lends me to believe it's an axle imbalance since this was the only thing changed. Dealer said they can't replicate problem even when I rode with them. It's unbelievable because it's so so noticeable.

Has anyone put proper balanced axle in to solve the problem? I'm willing to eat the cost if it fixes it.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Excellent point!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
'23 Raptor 37pp here. I've had a few issues including having the front passenger side shock assembly replaced @ 10k milesand a front passenger side axle replaced @ 19k miles due to a torn boot. I have adjustable pedals but I really don't think they are the issue.

I have 20k miles now and have owned the truck for a year now. It was the smoothest vehicle I've owned, no vibrations anywhere until the front passenger side axle was replaced at 19k miles. Now I get a rotational feeling pedal vibration at low rpms 1300-1800 under light throttle acceleration after 20 mph. It only occurs under light load but makes me want a new truck as i cant stand vibrations.

Logic lends me to believe it's an axle imbalance since this was the only thing changed. Dealer said they can't replicate problem even when I rode with them. It's unbelievable because it's so so noticeable.

Has anyone put proper balanced axle in to solve the problem? I'm willing to eat the cost if it fixes it.
23 Raptor should have EIWE and the axle shouldn't be spinning unless you're using 4a.
Sponsored