First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Contractor
I just purchased a 2023 F150 Platinum PB. It has had multiple issues and been to the shop 2 out of the 4 weeks I've had it. Latest issue being a 2'' bolt popping out of my accelerator and hitting me in the leg while driving 65 mph on the highway. The truck does not ride smooth in normal drive mode. It drives a lot better in eco mode. It vibrates in normal mode and runs high rpms before shifting gears. Anyone have theses issues?

Ford F-150 Bolt popped out of gas pedal/Heavy Vibration while driving around 60mph IMG_3260

Ford F-150 Bolt popped out of gas pedal/Heavy Vibration while driving around 60mph IMG_3259

Ford F-150 Bolt popped out of gas pedal/Heavy Vibration while driving around 60mph IMG_3257

Ford F-150 Bolt popped out of gas pedal/Heavy Vibration while driving around 60mph IMG_2879
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just purchased a 2023 F150 Platinum PB. It has had multiple issues and been to the shop 2 out of the 4 weeks I've had it. Latest issue being a 2'' bolt popping out of my accelerator and hitting me in the leg while driving 65 mph on the highway. The truck does not ride smooth in normal drive mode. It drives a lot better in eco mode. It vibrates in normal mode and runs high rpms before shifting gears. Anyone have theses issues?
Hello-Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your F-150 concerns on my end.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche

IMG_3260.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_2879.jpeg
What do you mean it does not drive smooth? Where are the vibrations concentrated? There are several threads about various vibrations I’ve contributed to because I experience it in my truck and dealer can’t replicate. Waiting on corporate to make a game plan, hopefully.

Last edited:

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist

IMG_3260.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_2879.jpeg
Try and have the transmission reflashed at the dealer. I had the shake going up a slight incline in 10th, my auxiliary pump went out (which I believe those two are unrelated). They repaired the pump, reflash the transmission, it still had harsh shifting. Then I noticed a leak on my pan, upon them repairing that they reflashed it again and this time everything is smooth and no vibration anymore. I don't know how to check the update number on the tranny. But whatever they did they fixed it, I would try that first. If they say they updated it and it's still there bring it back again. Thanks for showing me the bolt, I'm going to check mine and make sure it's snug. Sorry you're having these issues.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

IMG_3260.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_2879.jpeg
That's some quality right there. Way to go, Ford.

At least your truck LOOKS great!

Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's some quality right there. Way to go, Ford.

At least your truck LOOKS great!
Impressive indeed! I just removed the pedal assembly to place some vibration absorbing pad in hopes that my foot would stop tingling on longer drives and you have to back those bolts out quite a bit. Amazing that that one just flung out.

…and by the way, the padding didn’t help as much as I initially thought.

Ford F-150 Bolt popped out of gas pedal/Heavy Vibration while driving around 60mph IMG_0132

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoedNac

JoedNac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
What do you mean it does not drive smooth? Where are the vibrations concentrated? There are several threads about various vibrations I’ve contributed to because I experience it in my truck and dealer can’t replicate. Waiting on corporate to make a game plan, hopefully.
Hello-Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your F-150 concerns on my end.
Message sent

OP
OP
JoedNac

JoedNac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Message sent

OP
OP
JoedNac

JoedNac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Message sent
Vibration is in the accelerator area, driver seat, steering wheel and center console.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vibration is in the accelerator area, driver seat, steering wheel and center console.
Please keep us updated! Vibrations should be as simple as imbalanced tires, but unfortunately it’s a considerably more vexing issue for some of us.

OP
OP
JoedNac

JoedNac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Please keep us updated! Vibrations should be as simple as imbalanced tires, but unfortunately it’s a considerably more vexing issue for some of us.
Will do. I just added the new tires. Took them back twice for rebalancing. They are telling the tires are balanced and these tires never have issues. Will follow back up if/when the issue gets resolved.
Sponsored