Sponsored

Upgrading the hitch worth it?

Tall Tail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A 4x4 5.0L 3.31
Powerboosts have larger weight ratings, yet another reason this makes it a great tow vehicle IMHO as long as you keep your payload in check with fewer options. Here are the numbers from my sticker. GVWR=7350; FGAWR=3900; RGAWR=4150
What does your hitch sticker say?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Powerboosts have larger weight ratings, yet another reason this makes it a great tow vehicle IMHO as long as you keep your payload in check with fewer options. Here are the numbers from my sticker. GVWR=7350; FGAWR=3900; RGAWR=4150
I'm sure the PB can make a great tow vehicle, but note that most of those higher GVWR and axle WR's are necessary due to the higher curb weight of the PB (and that higher curb weight offsets the net maximum cargo / towing capacity to a great extent, all other things being equal). The towing guide makes it clear that the highest possible towing and payload capacity of a PB is lower than several of the ICE drivetrain configurations (e.g. 3.5EB and 5.0).

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I'm sure the PB can make a great tow vehicle, but note that most of those higher GVWR and axle WR's are necessary due to the higher curb weight of the PB (and that higher curb weight offsets the net maximum cargo / towing capacity to a great extent, all other things being equal). The towing guide makes it clear that the highest possible towing and payload capacity of a PB is lower than several of the ICE drivetrain configurations (e.g. 3.5EB and 5.0).
Yes, valid point. I certainly have no intention of towing anything more than a travel trailer, so my needs are different than the rest of you fellas pulling heavy equipment & trailers.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The standard Ford Class IV hitch is HL3A-19D534-AC which is rated for a WD hitch load of 11,600 lbs. This becomes the limiting factor for the trucks.

For serious towing the F-250 which only has the max towing option with the diesel engine and adds $12,000 to the cost of the truck. Ram also forces its buyers to go with the diesel engine. So much for air that is fit to breathe.
Sponsored