First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2.7 XLT 302A, Sport 4x4, Fox 2.0, Toyo At3
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Which rear springs do you have in your truck? Do you have max tow or HDP? I think that makes a HUGE difference as to how aftermarket shocks will ride.
No max trailer tow. Single leaf pack because I don’t tow that often. Just the single and the stock 1.25in block
Sponsored

Hanger51

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 raptor
Occupation
Construction
HEY ALL!

Exciting news. I received my Fox 2.0 Front Coilovers / Rear Shocks from @Stage3Motorsports a few days ago and had them put on the same day.
This kit is BRAND NEW FOR THE 21-22 4WD. It just came out - so I decided to give it a shot. Gotta say, Im damn happy I did.

First off, I have a 22 XLT 302a Space White 4x4 Sport (not fx4) and with stock tires, ground to top of fender in the front measured 37.25, rear 39.75.

PROS
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE RIDE DIFFERENCE. I honestly can't rave enough about the ride quality. They ride like a dream in every way. Starting off the line, cornering, potholes, ruts you name it. I Will update this post after I take it off road. To be honest these would be worth it no matter what situation you are in.

CONS
Did NOT give me the full 2 inches of lift. but It came close... front now measures at 39. So a net of 1.75 maybe a smidge more. Kinda sucks, but Im not gonna pay for anymore additional strut labor - so im leaving it as is.

After much heated debate raging within my own head about tire size - I decided to go with a 275/70/18 tire. Ive read on here some people can fit the 295/70/18 with a level and no trimming, but others who can't. Im not gonna chance that not working, AND the Toyo AT3s I am picking up tomorrow only weigh 52Lb.

I will post photos once its complete (suspension/tires, not done color matching yet) But here is a picture of it with the fox suspension installed, with the stock tires (Goodyear Territory AT 275/65/18, Says its 32, but with a tape measure its actually 31.4) And my method wheels I took from my 18 3.5EB.

TomTruck.jpg

UPDATE 8/5/22
Hey Guys! wanted to give you guys an update after installing the tires!
I chose the toyo at3, size 275/70/18. I Understand I could POSSIBLY fit bigger tires, but considering this is a daily driver also, I went with the safe bet. Glad I did, I think it looks perfect. Ride Firmed up a bit more with the 10 ply, but that's to be expected! Here are some photos!

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg
Looks awesome man, what offset on your methods? I Got 2000km on a set of these fox coil overs the ride is perfectly dialed in.

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Looks awesome man, what offset on your methods? I Got 2000km on a set of these fox coil overs the ride is perfectly dialed in.
+18!! I’m personally not a fan of the poked out look. I like flush. Allows for full flex also. They stick out maybe .5-.75 inch on a guess. Just the sidewalls though! None of the tread. When slinging mud or sand or snow, even better because I’m not demolishing the side of my truck!

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
HEY ALL!

Exciting news. I received my Fox 2.0 Front Coilovers / Rear Shocks from @Stage3Motorsports a few days ago and had them put on the same day.
This kit is BRAND NEW FOR THE 21-22 4WD. It just came out - so I decided to give it a shot. Gotta say, Im damn happy I did.

First off, I have a 22 XLT 302a Space White 4x4 Sport (not fx4) and with stock tires, ground to top of fender in the front measured 37.25, rear 39.75.

PROS
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE RIDE DIFFERENCE. I honestly can't rave enough about the ride quality. They ride like a dream in every way. Starting off the line, cornering, potholes, ruts you name it. I Will update this post after I take it off road. To be honest these would be worth it no matter what situation you are in.

CONS
Did NOT give me the full 2 inches of lift. but It came close... front now measures at 39. So a net of 1.75 maybe a smidge more. Kinda sucks, but Im not gonna pay for anymore additional strut labor - so im leaving it as is.

After much heated debate raging within my own head about tire size - I decided to go with a 275/70/18 tire. Ive read on here some people can fit the 295/70/18 with a level and no trimming, but others who can't. Im not gonna chance that not working, AND the Toyo AT3s I am picking up tomorrow only weigh 52Lb.

I will post photos once its complete (suspension/tires, not done color matching yet) But here is a picture of it with the fox suspension installed, with the stock tires (Goodyear Territory AT 275/65/18, Says its 32, but with a tape measure its actually 31.4) And my method wheels I took from my 18 3.5EB.

TomTruck.jpg

UPDATE 8/5/22
Hey Guys! wanted to give you guys an update after installing the tires!
I chose the toyo at3, size 275/70/18. I Understand I could POSSIBLY fit bigger tires, but considering this is a daily driver also, I went with the safe bet. Glad I did, I think it looks perfect. Ride Firmed up a bit more with the 10 ply, but that's to be expected! Here are some photos!

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg
Truck looks boss! I too have a space white. I put the fox 2.5 on mine -- added a leaf in the rear to add some more rake (I routinely have tons of weight back there).

I found the 2.5s have too much rebound from factory for the G14. So much so, I had a custom suspension shop remove some rebound shims to slow it down. Rides WAY better now... In all ways. I also run 275/70r18 -- I'm about halfway through the tread life, and I'll probably do that size again. The weight and everything feels perfect!

How is the rebound on the 2.0s? Specifically hitting "speed humps" (or sharp rides off-road).

Sponsored

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Truck looks boss! I too have a space white. I put the fox 2.5 on mine -- added a leaf in the rear to add some more rake (I routinely have tons of weight back there).

I found the 2.5s have too much rebound from factory for the G14. So much so, I had a custom suspension shop remove some rebound shims to slow it down. Rides WAY better now... In all ways. I also run 275/70r18 -- I'm about halfway through the tread life, and I'll probably do that size again. The weight and everything feels perfect!

How is the rebound on the 2.0s? Specifically hitting "speed humps" (or sharp rides off-road).
To be honest - I think it’s perfect. Now, I’m not a suspension / coilover expert by any means. I had bilstein 5100s on my 18 - these are night and day. I feel like the rebound is pretty close to immediate. I can literally drive over potholes / uneven roads (which are plentiful in this apocalyptic city of Los Angeles) at full speed and it’s almost like nothing. I also tests them swerving on purpose (no not on a Main Street lol) and the compensation is incredible and almost immediate. Gotta say, I love them. I will be putting these on every truck from now on. I thought about another leave, but I’m kinda nuts - if I put an add a leaf, I’d want the front a little higher, then bigger tires, and the list goes on and on forever down the black hole of truck upgrades! Paint matching grille / fender vents / emblems is next and that’s it for me!

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Finally got to have mine off road a bit. (Granted, this is nothing serious, just a fire road. With that said, the picture definitely doesn’t show how rough it was. The hill ahead wasn’t doable in 2Hi unless I went fast enough to break stuff lol)

I’m thoroughly impressed with how they handle surprise potholes and the alternating rocks/boulders I experienced for this trail. It was definitely better than the factory FX4, less bouncy but more compliant. Once I get them adjusted up, they’ll be perfect

Ford F-150 (Updated 8/5/22) My Review for the 2021+ FOX 2.0 COILOVER KIT! (Brand new kit made for 2021+ F-150) 73DFE18C-A393-42AC-B8F0-55D55288CE56

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Finally got to have mine off road a bit. (Granted, this is nothing serious, just a fire road. With that said, the picture definitely doesn’t show how rough it was. The hill ahead wasn’t doable in 2Hi unless I went fast enough to break stuff lol)

I’m thoroughly impressed with how they handle surprise potholes and the alternating rocks/boulders I experienced for this trail. It was definitely better than the factory FX4, less bouncy but more compliant. Once I get them adjusted up, they’ll be perfect

73DFE18C-A393-42AC-B8F0-55D55288CE56.jpeg
Glad to hear it!!

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know a lot of Powerboosters have been concerned/not satisfied with the lift they are getting with the new version Fox Leveling kit, here is mine with the Ford Performance Level setup for 3/4" rake (there was plenty of adjustment left to go higher) on my 2022 Lariat Powerboost - Just an option. Tires are 295/65/18 Duratracs

Ford F-150 (Updated 8/5/22) My Review for the 2021+ FOX 2.0 COILOVER KIT! (Brand new kit made for 2021+ F-150) Leveled 2022 PB.JPG

Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I know a lot of Powerboosters have been concerned/not satisfied with the lift they are getting with the new version Fox Leveling kit, here is mine with the Ford Performance Level setup for 3/4" rake (there was plenty of adjustment left to go higher) on my 2022 Lariat Powerboost - Just an option. Tires are 295/65/18 Duratracs

Leveled 2022 PB.JPG
@RedDragon65 the one for the MY20? Or have the come out with one for the 21-22s? Can you share a link? Thanks!

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RedDragon65 the one for the MY20? Or have the come out with one for the 21-22s? Can you share a link? Thanks!
Sorry should have been a little more specific, mine is the 2015-2020 here is the part #

FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS M-18000-F15AA - 2015-2020 F-150 FOX "TUNED BY FORD PERFORMANCE" OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION LEVELING KIT (REPL M-18000-F15A)

Its my understanding that Ford Performance is switching to Bilstein for the Gen14, not sure if its out yet or not.

If you look at the link in my post above Saleen961 explains the differences in coils used by Fox, Roush, Ford Perf, Stock, etc this seems to be a sweet spot for Heavier/Powerboost Models

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
I’m thinking of adding Fox Performance 2.0 to my 21 PB with max tow with no lift/level. I’m mainly concerned about street ride quality as I’m kicking myself for missing out on the adaptive suspension option by a few weeks.

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB and 2013 Mustang GT Brembo pac

Leveled 2022 PB.JPG
I have a 2022 Lariat PB. A Ford dealer installed my Ford Performance Fox kit (2015-2020 version). They kept the rings at 2. My front is about .75 lower than the rear (I'll post pics of the entire truck on a later post). I don't believe they made any other adjustments when installing. It rides great. Will take it off road this weekend to see how it does with bigger ruts and bumps. My question is with the rear shocks. It looks like they installed them upside down or left some covers off the internal pistons that slide in/out of the main housing. See my pics. Is this how the rear shocks should be installed - or the internal pistons exposed to the outside? Ford dealer told me yes.

Ford F-150 (Updated 8/5/22) My Review for the 2021+ FOX 2.0 COILOVER KIT! (Brand new kit made for 2021+ F-150) image_50460161.JPG

Ford F-150 (Updated 8/5/22) My Review for the 2021+ FOX 2.0 COILOVER KIT! (Brand new kit made for 2021+ F-150) image_50416641.JPG

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 2022 Lariat PB. A Ford dealer installed my Ford Performance Fox kit (2015-2020 version). They kept the rings at 2. My front is about .75 lower than the rear (I'll post pics of the entire truck on a later post). I don't believe they made any other adjustments when installing. It rides great. Will take it off road this weekend to see how it does with bigger ruts and bumps. My question is with the rear shocks. It looks like they installed them upside down or left some covers off the internal pistons that slide in/out of the main housing. See my pics. Is this how the rear shocks should be installed - or the internal pistons exposed to the outside? Ford dealer told me yes.

image_50460161.JPG

image_50416641.JPG
I installed mine the opposite of yours, I read that Fox recommends that the piston housing be placed high to avoid any rock damage to the piston housing etc, but as far as operationally it doesnt make a difference - you can also get dust boots from Amazon (I think mine were Rough Country) that I put on, they go on easy, and come in a variety of colors - you would only have to disconnect your top bolts compress the shock and slide them on, actually just did that to my sons truck this past weekend as his shocks are mounted like yours
Sponsored