Sponsored

first150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Sportwagon
Interesting. My PB is at 39 1/8" in the front and 40 3/8" in back with the Roush 2.0's. Hard to compare obviously because every truck has different weight distribution, but that is after I had the fronts readjusted to the Roush recommended setting. It was much flatter prior.
Oh that is interesting. I didn’t have them adjusted… but I’m not mad about the look. Any difference in ride quality?
Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Oh that is interesting. I didn’t have them adjusted… but I’m not mad about the look. Any difference in ride quality?
I don't think Roush recommends any changes/adjustments for non-Powerboost trucks. I did have mine adjusted because I wanted a proper attitude on the truck when towing our Airstream (even with a weight distributing hitch). The only thing I noticed after the change was a bit less noise - didn't detect any noticeable change in MPG or overall handling. Probably a tiny bit less stress on the CV joints and boots too.

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
I have a 2022 Lariat PB. A Ford dealer installed my Ford Performance Fox kit (2015-2020 version). They kept the rings at 2. My front is about .75 lower than the rear (I'll post pics of the entire truck on a later post). I don't believe they made any other adjustments when installing. It rides great. Will take it off road this weekend to see how it does with bigger ruts and bumps. My question is with the rear shocks. It looks like they installed them upside down or left some covers off the internal pistons that slide in/out of the main housing. See my pics. Is this how the rear shocks should be installed - or the internal pistons exposed to the outside? Ford dealer told me yes.

image_50460161.JPG

image_50416641.JPG
Are you still happy with the Ford Performance coil kit? Has the front settled any further than the .75” rake you were at originally. I’ll be having this kit installed soon and would like to determine if leaving at the factory setting will get me where I need to be. I have about 3.5” of rake currently.

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB and 2013 Mustang GT Brembo pac
Hi - it hasn’t settled down any lower. You could always have them adjust it to the 2.5in on the front before they install rather than leaving it at the factory set 2in. Just in case they do settle some day. I don’t believe they will.
Also I read they came out with a Bilstein kit for the gen 14 f150. But I thought I read it isn’t recommended for the powerboost.

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And yes - I’m still happy with the way it looks and rides

Sponsored

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know a lot of Powerboosters have been concerned/not satisfied with the lift they are getting with the new version Fox Leveling kit, here is mine with the Ford Performance Level setup for 3/4" rake (there was plenty of adjustment left to go higher) on my 2022 Lariat Powerboost - Just an option. Tires are 295/65/18 Duratracs

Leveled 2022 PB.JPG
Hey @RedDragon65, Are you still happy with the Ford Performance coil kit? Has the front settled any further than the 3/4” rake you were at originally. After seeing how your’s turned out and hearing feedback from Saleen on the other forum, I have decided to go with the Ford Performance kit. Your stance looks great. I would like to determine if leaving the coils at the out of box factory setting will get me where I need to be. If I’m not mistaken Saleen adjusted your perch slightly to achieve the 3/4” of rake. Do you know how much rake you had prior to the coil install?
I have about 3.5” of rake currently and would like to end up somewhere betweeen level and where you’re at without jacking up ride quality.

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And yes - I’m still happy with the way it looks and rides
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback. Did you ever post any pictures?

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I planned to first get bigger tires - but I haven’t had time. My new job has me working a lot of hours and has consumed me - but should get better after the new year. I need to post with the stock tires. I’ll try to do when I’m back in town Sunday. I’ll need to wash it first :)

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I planned to first get bigger tires - but I haven’t had time. My new job has me working a lot of hours and has consumed me - but should get better after the new year. I need to post with the stock tires. I’ll try to do when I’m back in town Sunday. I’ll need to wash it first :)
No worries, I can relate. Post when you have time.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Finally got to have mine off road a bit. (Granted, this is nothing serious, just a fire road. With that said, the picture definitely doesn’t show how rough it was. The hill ahead wasn’t doable in 2Hi unless I went fast enough to break stuff lol)

I’m thoroughly impressed with how they handle surprise potholes and the alternating rocks/boulders I experienced for this trail. It was definitely better than the factory FX4, less bouncy but more compliant. Once I get them adjusted up, they’ll be perfect

73DFE18C-A393-42AC-B8F0-55D55288CE56.jpeg
Did you ever get them adjusted? I am wondering what you ultimately got with the powerboost. I am considering these for mine. I was thinking the BDS kit with the UCAs.

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm actually considering going back to the stock (FX4) suspension, believe it or not. A few reasons in my case: 1) the lift is just enough that it prevents me from getting into a number of parking garages 2) Fox 2.0's require service at a bit more frequent interval than I'd like 3) I don't notice any improvement in the way the rear of the truck handles 4) I've switched from the 305/55's to 285/55's and should have plenty of clearance.

Might be a set of Roush/Fox 2.0's for sale at a good price soon! Pre-set at the lower perch location for a Powerboost.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, the (un)install is scheduled for next week. Anyone interested in my Roush/Fox 2.0 suspension components let me know via DM. Probably sell them for 50% of retail or so. They've been on the truck for about 6000 miles.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Instead of paying to get it uninstalled why don’t you just lower the perch setting to stock level and swap out the rear shocks yourself

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, the (un)install is scheduled for next week. Anyone interested in my Roush/Fox 2.0 suspension components let me know via DM. Probably sell them for 50% of retail or so. They've been on the truck for about 6000 miles.
A week ago I would have jumped on this but I ordered the kit a couple days ago. Are you running 285/55 for the lower load rating? I was considering that size as I noticed you can get an SL rating and save 12-15 lbs per tire. Not sure I want to go that small though.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Instead of paying to get it uninstalled why don’t you just lower the perch setting to stock level and swap out the rear shocks yourself
Thought about that but it'll need an alignment anyway, and I want to sell the Fox/Roush stuff as a set. Also, Fox recommends servicing the shocks at a fairly frequent interval and I don't want that hassle. I was doing a bit more off road when I still had my KTM, and I'm 99.9% on road nowadays.
Sponsored