Sponsored

Captain Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 screw
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I'm curious what this does to your fuel economy. Every truck I've owned has been lifted, except this one. My current commute is long, so I'm trying to keep the gas mileage, but hate not lifting it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2.7 XLT 302A, Sport 4x4, Fox 2.0, Toyo At3
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Thanks for the summary Thomas. Did you install the new shocks at the factory setting or did you have them adjusted to maximize the lift/height? I know the new shocks are adjustable...
Factory settings. Net 1.75

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
I'm curious what this does to your fuel economy. Every truck I've owned has been lifted, except this one. My current commute is long, so I'm trying to keep the gas mileage, but hate not lifting it...
I haven’t installed the tires yet. Fuel economy is almost the same. Still getting great mpg in the highway. Most trips are over 22mpg. And I have 3400 miles already in 2 months. City sucks, but it sucked before the level too! Bummer because that was one reason I went with 2.7. That and I don’t tow often

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
They're advertised as 0"-2". They are adjustable.
They’re supposed to be set at 2 inches from the factory. Fox informed me powerboosts may not be able to achieve 2 inches, despite their advertising, as they only want you to adjust them up a half inch on the collar, equaling 1 inch more lift

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
Can you confirm the part #‘s for the front shocks? Looking at what options I have for ordering in Canada. Thanks!

chris

Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Just put the same setup on mine and added 275/65/20 Toyo at3. I only lost .2 mpg, from 21.1 to 20.9. 3.5 with 3.55. I’m actually impressed with how much performance the truck retained after going with the bigger tires. Everyone talks like it kills the power but that’s not my experience.

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Can you confirm the part #‘s for the front shocks? Looking at what options I have for ordering in Canada. Thanks!

chris

chris
I got them from stage 3 Motorsports

Ford F-150 (Updated 8/5/22) My Review for the 2021+ FOX 2.0 COILOVER KIT! (Brand new kit made for 2021+ F-150) BE536A94-6991-4F2D-801C-F642F84B56E4

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
does this level/lift affect the lane assist or the smart cruise control or any other functions? Do these "sensors" need re-calibrated?

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
does this level/lift affect the lane assist or the smart cruise control or any other functions? Do these "sensors" need re-calibrated?
Vast majority of users say no issue, even with BlueCruise. Few reports of issues with no real reason why they are different.

I reason it like this: It's a truck, and with weight in the bed, the truck will level out. It would be really bad planning to have a system that couldn't account for some angles changing.

The front radar is a cone shape, and the cameras all move up in proportion with the lift, so I think that's why there is no issue.

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
Vast majority of users say no issue, even with BlueCruise. Few reports of issues with no real reason why they are different.

I reason it like this: It's a truck, and with weight in the bed, the truck will level out. It would be really bad planning to have a system that couldn't account for some angles changing.

The front radar is a cone shape, and the cameras all move up in proportion with the lift, so I think that's why there is no issue.
Thank you for the reply. I bought the Bilstein 6112 and I’ve had them for a few months in my garage and will get it done soon. My truck has only 2,000 miles so that’s why I have been sorta just waiting

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I bought the Bilstein 6112 and I’ve had them for a few months in my garage
Same. I want to have them on for a trip at the beginning of September, though, so I'll need to get them on quick!

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
HEY ALL!

Exciting news. I received my Fox 2.0 Front Coilovers / Rear Shocks from @Stage3Motorsports a few days ago and had them put on the same day.
This kit is BRAND NEW FOR THE 21-22 4WD. It just came out - so I decided to give it a shot. Gotta say, Im damn happy I did.

First off, I have a 22 XLT 302a Space White 4x4 Sport (not fx4) and with stock tires, ground to top of fender in the front measured 37.25, rear 39.75.

PROS
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE RIDE DIFFERENCE. I honestly can't rave enough about the ride quality. They ride like a dream in every way. Starting off the line, cornering, potholes, ruts you name it. I Will update this post after I take it off road. To be honest these would be worth it no matter what situation you are in.

CONS
Did NOT give me the full 2 inches of lift. but It came close... front now measures at 39. So a net of 1.75 maybe a smidge more. Kinda sucks, but Im not gonna pay for anymore additional strut labor - so im leaving it as is.

After much heated debate raging within my own head about tire size - I decided to go with a 275/70/18 tire. Ive read on here some people can fit the 295/70/18 with a level and no trimming, but others who can't. Im not gonna chance that not working, AND the Toyo AT3s I am picking up tomorrow only weigh 52Lb.

I will post photos once its complete (suspension/tires, not done color matching yet) But here is a picture of it with the fox suspension installed, with the stock tires (Goodyear Territory AT 275/65/18, Says its 32, but with a tape measure its actually 31.4) And my method wheels I took from my 18 3.5EB.
Truck looks killer and glad to see that you are liking them. The height I cant comment too much on as it does seem to be primarily power boosts that are having issues, we are in the process of dealing with fox. Our shop truck (3.5 CCSB) got the 2" of lift as have some others so unfortunately seems as though there is some variation.

chris
The part# posted above is our kit# fox parts are
Front: 985-02-146
Rear: 985-24-265

I can ship to you in Canada if needed shoot me a pm.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Just put the same setup on mine and added 275/65/20 Toyo at3. I only lost .2 mpg, from 21.1 to 20.9. 3.5 with 3.55. I’m actually impressed with how much performance the truck retained after going with the bigger tires. Everyone talks like it kills the power but that’s not my experience.
Have any pics? I'm thinking of that size tire and "level".

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
HEY ALL!

Exciting news. I received my Fox 2.0 Front Coilovers / Rear Shocks from @Stage3Motorsports a few days ago and had them put on the same day.
This kit is BRAND NEW FOR THE 21-22 4WD. It just came out - so I decided to give it a shot. Gotta say, Im damn happy I did.

First off, I have a 22 XLT 302a Space White 4x4 Sport (not fx4) and with stock tires, ground to top of fender in the front measured 37.25, rear 39.75.

PROS
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE RIDE DIFFERENCE. I honestly can't rave enough about the ride quality. They ride like a dream in every way. Starting off the line, cornering, potholes, ruts you name it. I Will update this post after I take it off road. To be honest these would be worth it no matter what situation you are in.

CONS
Did NOT give me the full 2 inches of lift. but It came close... front now measures at 39. So a net of 1.75 maybe a smidge more. Kinda sucks, but Im not gonna pay for anymore additional strut labor - so im leaving it as is.

After much heated debate raging within my own head about tire size - I decided to go with a 275/70/18 tire. Ive read on here some people can fit the 295/70/18 with a level and no trimming, but others who can't. Im not gonna chance that not working, AND the Toyo AT3s I am picking up tomorrow only weigh 52Lb.

I will post photos once its complete (suspension/tires, not done color matching yet) But here is a picture of it with the fox suspension installed, with the stock tires (Goodyear Territory AT 275/65/18, Says its 32, but with a tape measure its actually 31.4) And my method wheels I took from my 18 3.5EB.
Which rear springs do you have in your truck? Do you have max tow or HDP? I think that makes a HUGE difference as to how aftermarket shocks will ride.
Sponsored