First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Did the google thing looking for an update on the KC and Detroit F-150 plants, but did not find any updates.

Does this mean they are still suspended? Any word when they will resume production?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kodyray72

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500, 2012 mustang CS track car
Also curious. My truck has been “in production” for almost a month now…

FKCCorpTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Medical Field
Not sure how accurate this is but here you go. According to the Ford Authority website, for the week of Feb 14th the Dearborn plant is running at limited capacity and anticipated to start up on Feb 21st. Kansas City F150 is at full capacity.

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-...ilities/ford-motor-company-production-status/

Fingers crossed they get the Dearborn plant up and running this week. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Just as in all industries right now, I'm sure the sourcing folks are pulling their hair out, loosing sleep and popping plenty of Prilosec..

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Just as in all industries right now, I'm sure the sourcing folks are pulling their hair out, loosing sleep and popping plenty of Prilosec..
Yeah, its hit my place of employment as well. Our source of chips dried up.
Overnight.

Our lead time went from 12 days to 198 days on a bunch of our controllers. Not good. That facility in Ohio cant get built fast enough.

Dirt Fisher

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 ordered
Occupation
CO
Thanks for the info! I ordered a powerboost Lariat about a month ago and going to guess I might have it in another 5 months

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
What is the app or website everyone is referencing where they are able to see the status of their truck? Ordered in early January and the only thing I know of that I have received is an email confirming my order.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure how accurate this is but here you go. According to the Ford Authority website, for the week of Feb 14th the Dearborn plant is running at limited capacity and anticipated to start up on Feb 21st. Kansas City F150 is at full capacity.

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-...ilities/ford-motor-company-production-status/

Fingers crossed they get the Dearborn plant up and running this week. Hope this helps.
How many trucks does the KC plant finish each day on average?

Since Ford did not schedule last 2 weeks, i assume they were catching up at KC.

FKCCorpTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Medical Field
How many trucks does the KC plant finish each day on average?

Since Ford did not schedule last 2 weeks, i assume they were catching up at KC.
Sorry Tod, I have no idea about the production numbers. I just happened upon the website above that had listed the production status of the plants. Since product is based on part supply I am sure the numbers are going to be all over the map these days. Lastly, not sure how impactful the switch from job 1 to job 2 for the F150 is having an effect on the plants productions.

vwottawa

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat PowerBoost 2022 502A, Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
RocketFistMooga said:
What is the app or website everyone is referencing where they are able to see the status of their truck? Ordered in early January and the only thing I know of that I have received is an email confirming my order.

For the Canadians on here, this site does not work for me any longer. It refers me to this site when I enter my VIN: https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking

But it shows up as a broken link
Ford F-150 Update on F-150 production lines? 1646069742533

MLS2GO

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Black Lariat Ordered 2022 Rapid Red Lariat
Thanks for the info! I ordered a powerboost Lariat about a month ago and going to guess I might have it in another 5 months
I can't speak to the Dearborn plant but Kansas City hasn't been running at full capacity. I have a friend who works there. Two weeks ago night and weekends running, this past week no shifts running and last Thursday the word was no expectation for any this week. Can't say for absolute sure about this week as I haven't heard anything since last Thursday.

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
Did the google thing looking for an update on the KC and Detroit F-150 plants, but did not find any updates.

Does this mean they are still suspended? Any word when they will resume production?
I toured the Rouge plant last week and they were shutdown and said they weren’t sure when they’ll be resumed I was told they had two issues one was parts availability and labor shortages
Sponsored